PDA

View Full Version : Tac-1 Rof

NewMagMan21
12-15-2004, 12:45 AM
Hey guys I'm lookin into getting a Tac-1 with the ULT and I hear that it has a mad ROF so whats the general area bout that.

frop
12-15-2004, 01:07 AM
fast as you can pull the trigger

trains are bad
12-15-2004, 01:29 AM
A bit faster than a mech autococker. Unless you tune it for rapidfire, which is really really paint-hosy. :clap:

Enemy
12-15-2004, 01:45 AM
the valve/reg is rated for 26 bps. so yeah it might be able to keep up with you.

xXHavokXx
12-15-2004, 01:51 AM
At least 95.

You should get a ULE Mag with X valve and ULT they are faster.

osustevie
12-15-2004, 07:42 AM
How is a ULE Mag with a x-valve and ULT faster than a Tac One with X-valve and a ULT? I thought the only difference is the body itself. Ill double check my Tac One....

trains are bad
12-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Tac one=Rt ule.

chairman_mao
12-15-2004, 08:46 AM
At least 95.

You should get a ULE Mag with X valve and ULT they are faster.

This post needs a sarcasm smiley

White_Noise
12-15-2004, 09:14 AM
lol....good one havok :rolleyes: :dance: :dance: :dance:

TheTramp
12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey guys I'm lookin into getting a Tac-1 with the ULT and I hear that it has a mad ROF so whats the general area bout that.

Here's a real answer for you. :)

You should be able to get 12-14bps with no problem. You'll probably get over that in short bursts off and on.

With mad reactivity bounce you can get closer to the valves max recharge of 26bps.

NewMagMan21
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
^^ thanks for that. It was kinda what I was lookin for. And for the rest or you guys how fast can you guys pull?
O and is thereas mch slack in the trigger as there is with my 68 classic. Or is it a little more controlled?
O and the sarcasm smilie should be typed as -.- or -_- ;)

hAppy
12-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Didn't bother to read everything after the 1st post, so here goes...
The TacOne will be pretty fast gun, it will shoot as fast as you can rip on it. I can fan a mechanical Mag pretty freakin fast, at least 10 bps for sure, it's very impressive comparing to the other electros I've owned and shot.

B.A.M.
12-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Tac one=Rt ule.
true the only diff is the mainbody

B.A.M.
12-15-2004, 08:11 PM

You should be able to get 12-14bps with no problem. You'll probably get over that in short bursts off and on.

With mad reactivity bounce you can get closer to the valves max recharge of 26bps.
Ya i can only walk my mag for short burst at a time cuz you fingers need to be strong to walk the trigger continously

urbansix
12-15-2004, 08:49 PM
When you guys talk about ROF on a mech/non-LCD marker, how is that measured? By "feel" of knowing what a certain ROF is supposed to feel like? Some type of chrono device? I always figured that exactly 100 balls in the hopper, and a stopwatch, and an assistant, would be a reasonably accurate method for sustained ROF but havent tried it yet (mainly because I don;t really care...) but is ROF on a mech marker something you all measure, or are you just throwing industry numbers around? (Post meant to be inquisitive not flamey.)

i_baked_cookies
12-15-2004, 09:03 PM

the xvalve has been over 35 cps. jayloo has a video where some guys gave it 2000 psi input pressure. one of the funnier videos ever, because they chopped every other ball, and the fps had to be over 400. but the point being that the xvalve did cycle well over 30 times a second.

NewMagMan21
12-15-2004, 09:18 PM
When you guys talk about ROF on a mech/non-LCD marker, how is that measured? By "feel" of knowing what a certain ROF is supposed to feel like? Some type of chrono device? I always figured that exactly 100 balls in the hopper, and a stopwatch, and an assistant, would be a reasonably accurate method for sustained ROF but havent tried it yet (mainly because I don;t really care...) but is ROF on a mech marker something you all measure, or are you just throwing industry numbers around? (Post meant to be inquisitive not flamey.)

They have certain devices to measure ROF. I myself have not seen them but my friend had his response trigger on his tippy tested. By tested I mean they found the sweetspot and let it rip and by using this machine they set it at 8 bps. Best I can tell ya

Lorenz0666
12-15-2004, 09:35 PM

the only way i know of to use the normal red chronographs, instead of shooting on or two balss over it, try to shoot in a burst, and of instead of your fps it will give you your bps, this works for all the ones i've tryed it with

i_baked_cookies
12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
or you make a vid or a sound file of you firing, and you can use sound detection software to count the shots which are recorded as spikes in a graph. its all based on seconds, so all you have to do is count how many spikes there are in a given second, and bam! your ROF in shots per second.

trains are bad
12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
guys, guys.

You're making this way too complicated. Count out 100 paintballs, dump them in your hopper and have someone time you ripping them. Divide 100 by the amount of seconds it took. That's your no BS. sustainable, average bps. You may be surprised how low it is.

NewMagMan21
12-15-2004, 10:12 PM
the only prolem with that is the fact that it never will state your highest Bps it will have your average. Many people can only rip for about 1-3 seconds on a manual marker... you get tired... :sleeping: ;)

trains are bad
12-15-2004, 10:19 PM
hence, the fact that I said no bs, average, sustainable ROF.

TheTramp
12-16-2004, 10:22 AM
the xvalve has been over 35 cps. jayloo has a video where some guys gave it 2000 psi input pressure. one of the funnier videos ever, because they chopped every other ball, and the fps had to be over 400. but the point being that the xvalve did cycle well over 30 times a second.

I concider a "cycle" a complete shot from fire to complete recharge to ready for the next shot. So that "test" is not an accurate example of the X-valves' abilities in my opinion.

2000 psi input? Chop every other ball? 400fps? Come on, that's not even close to real life.

There's no point in talking about this stuff when the guy asked how fast he would be able to shoot a Tac-1. Lets cut through the crap and talk real life here.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's fun to mess around with the phyisical limits of our equipment but lets stop using the "results" of these fun experements to give unrealistic information to people asking real life questions.

Wc Keep
12-16-2004, 10:42 AM
tramp is right guys.

if you wanna measure bps go to a red chrono. its inaccurate but not by much.

dont use the 100 balls person with a stop watch. too many variables. the person starting the stop watch as soon as the trigger starts being pulled stopping it as soon as the shots are done etc etc etc.

also im surpised that all the agd supporters and no one thought of a pact chrono.

ive been checked over a pact to come in at 13 as my max.