PDA

View Full Version : Karta/Dallara users need some help

Carbon Blue
12-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey to those who have a dallara or karta body or anyone know knows anything about them. If i buy a karta or dallara body/rail where do i put the foregrip adapter? do i have to buy a different set of screws to put the adapter on the body?? I plan on buying one of these bodies but i dont like the look of how the foregrip is all far from the frame(like how the rt pro looks like) Ive seen some karta mags where the gasthru/foregrip was about 2 inches further from the frame. I want to tuck the foregrip/gas thru as close to the frame as possible (just like how the standard minimag looks like once you add a gas thru to it). How much do used dallara bodies go for? i rarely see them forsale.

Rift
12-15-2004, 10:27 PM
the dallara uses the standard AM/MM rail so the holes for the frony grip would be in the same place. The karta body uses the RT rail assembaly so the holes for that would be int he same spot as on an rt pro.

frischtr
12-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Kartas use the RT Pro rail, the Dallaras use an AM/MM rail... Nicad can mill a hole in the RTP rail close to the frame for you... The Dallara will be all set like that already... It will be hard to find a used Dallara, as I think there are only 22 of them out there, but I think you can get one from Nicad @ Deadlywind...

Edit: I was beaten to the punch :rolleyes:

saml604
12-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Yes, used dallaras are very tough to find. I believe Nicad is making them on order now. Theyre like 270 for raw, and another 25 for ano. I'll look for the thread

saml604
12-16-2004, 12:16 AM
here we go:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116824&highlight=dallara

Airborne
12-30-2004, 10:53 AM
I just recieved my Karta body yesterday and i'm wondering what i am supposed to do about the sear. the stock sear pin won't fit in the hole provided in the new rail and i wasn't supplied with anything that will fit. If i put in a smaller sear pin it won't fit the hole on the sear, i would think it would mess up the trigger pull. Please help... :confused: