PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Ice Planet Zulu - January 2005

paullus99
12-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Outdoor Adventures has scheduled their first scenario game for 2005 - it will be on January 30th, with pre-registration & officer applications available on OA's website in early January.

Think Empire Strikes Back (the Battle for Hoth), with a little "Ice Station Zebra" mixed in.

There will be prizes, giveaways, & many new props (including field cannons & new structures) for the game. I, for one, am praying for a bit of snow for this one.

For more details, continue to check www.oapaintball.com/castle.php for updates.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/780116/IcePlanetZulu.jpg

SixRomeo
12-17-2004, 10:56 AM
The RAMF are in! We should have a few more players coming with us this time, too.<br /><br />All of you who play at Hogback or even Pev's in northern Virginia should definitely try to make the easy trip to OA for this game. We had more than 200 players on the field at the Battle of the Bulge on Dec. 5, and there is room for at least another 200 without crowding.<br /><br />To all of you Knight Stalkers -- I'll see you in the castle!

paullus99
12-28-2004, 12:42 PM
OA's online registration is now active:

You can register for the Rebels or Empire at -

www.oapaintball.com/castle.php

SixRomeo
12-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Lawrence,<br /><br />What side are the Knight Stalkers playing on? And which side is which? The sign-up states only "red or blue" teams. Which is the Empire, and which is the Rebellion?<br /><br />Can we expect the same kind of game as the Battle of the Bulge scenario last month? What significance will the castle have in this game?<br /><br />Finally, can we expect a new map and missions like before the Bulge?<br /><br />I figure that, since OA is your home field, you'll be in contact on a regular basis. Let us know if you want any help.<br />Happy New Year.

paullus99
12-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Knight Stalkers will be on the Blue Team.

I imagine that the Blue will be rebels, red will be Empire.

Scenario will be completely different that the Bulge was, with new missions, a couple of new structures, and I'm not sure exactly what the Castle will represent, but I'm sure it will be an important aspect of the game.

Maps & Missions (at least the basic ones) will be available about a week to 10 days before the event.

There will also be sign-ups available for officers, medics & engineers ahead of time as well.

And once again, I'm praying for snow!!!

paullus99
01-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Outdoor Adventures has updated its registration page for the "Battle for Ice Planet Zulu" on January 30th. Upon registration you'll be able to then apply for various positions for both sides of the game:

"In an effort to reward players who volunteer for “extra duty”, selected players for the following positions will receive the following...

Generals (free admission, thermal goggles w/fan, free lunch & heated Officer’s Qtrs.)

Commanders (500 balls each, free lunch, heated Officer’s Qtrs.)

Medics & Engineers (500 balls each)"

Check out http://www.oapaintball.com/castle.php for more details. Space is limited, sign up now!

paullus99
01-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Knight Stalkers - OPFOR 50-50 Raffle

To benefit the "Scenario Building Fund" -

$1.00 per ticket or 7 tickets for $5.00

Winner to be drawn at the end of the IPZ Scenario at Outdoor Adventures on January 30th, 2005.

Be sure to write your name & phone number on ticket. You do not need to be present at drawing to win. Only one winner will be selected & there is no minimum or maximum prize amount.

Winner will take 50% of the take after expenses. Anyone needing tickets before the event should contact Cooter da Shooter via the Knight Stalkers Forum (http://com4.runboard.com/bknightstalkerspaintball)

Buff
01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
argh....I'd go....except I move back to UMBC that weekend and will be too busy :(

SixRomeo
01-28-2005, 08:14 PM
All of you East Coast scenario players need to get in on the Batle for Ice Planet Zulu game this Sunday, Jan. 30, at Outdoor Adventures in Bowie, Maryland. The forecast calls for snow all day. And there is sure to be yet another epic battle for control of OA's massive two-story castle this Sunday.

$20 online preregistration, $25 at the gate. FREE AIR, $50/case paint (winter-grade).

The last one was some of the best paintball I have seen in 13 years. And this one is sure to be better.

Oh, and...

Go Red.

paullus99
01-29-2005, 07:31 PM
GO BLUE!!!! You rascally Empire folks don't stand a chance!!! :shooting:

SixRomeo
02-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Man, what a game! Nearly a foot of snow, and another couple of inches throughout the day. Takes me back to the days of Fort Drum. The Knight Stalkers and the blue team obviously learned a few lessons from the Battle of the Bulge game in December. Congrats and good job to them. I guess we're even now. The March 6 game should be quite a tie-breaker. See you all then.