PDA

View Full Version : 888 paintball

E-Mag man
11-07-2001, 07:41 PM
Alright, I ordered a hinge trigger for my cocker because I have heard so many good things about them. First, I ordered it from paintballgear.com and in a day they came back and said it was out of stock so I told them to cancel it, then I went to 888 paintball and ordered it , waited about a week and finally called them about it and they said it was out of stock (wish they would have told me sooner) anyway I looked around and found out just about everyone was out of it so I just waited. The next week I called them back just to check and they told me about three more days. So about after awhile ( I had things to do all week so I didn't even really think about it until about a 8 days later) I called them and I found out they had the order wrong. I ordered a black one and thy had a chrome one down and there just so happen to be a black one in their warehouse in New Jersey So I told them to send it. Waited about another two weeks and called back again. Well they had failed to tell me that I had to get on the internet and reorder it. So as of tonight it is supposed to be in the mail and be at my house Friday. So after about 2 months ( It was ordered on 8/19) I am finally going to get it.

I just wanted to know if anyone has this many problems with them before......because I am very hesitant about ordering from them again. I just wanted to know if this was a one time thing or it happens a lot.

Thanks,

E-Mag man

RTrampage
11-07-2001, 08:35 PM
I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem except for a couple weeks ago something i ordered was a few days later than expected but that could be because of the mail being slow. but i always get what i order and its generally on time when i order from them

Thordic
11-07-2001, 08:39 PM
I've never heard of anyone having problems like that with 888 before, from my experience and others, I've heard nothing but praise for them. They have always been very helpful on the phone, and I've always gotten my order fast.

Did you order online, or on the phone? One think with 888 is ALWAYS order on the phone, the one thing I've heard is their webform occasionally screws up (bad programming?) and messes up orders sometimes. So always order on the phone, and you should be fine.

MajorDamage
11-07-2001, 10:22 PM
I love 888, they have messed up a couple of my orders before, but made it better :). They sent me the wrong gloves, let me keep them, and sent me the nicer version of the gloves I wanted to order :).

ENDO!

gadget68
11-08-2001, 02:50 AM
I have had a bad encounter with 888. I ordered a black-moly power feed hopper right body for my automag. I did this over the phone. I even varified, when they said they had them, that they understood that I needed a HOPPER RIGHT. Well about a week later my item comes, and wouldn't you know it they sent me a HOPPER LEFT. I live in Alaska and shipping was rediculous. I paid $45.00 just for shipping alone. Did I mention they never quoted me a price on shipping. I mean really how much can an automag body weigh anyway. That automag body ended up costing me $185.00 and it wasn't even the right one. When I called them to complain about the shipping charges they stated that they were going to take $20.00 off and credit my account. They never did. Should I pursue it you ask? Well they are not worth my time anymore.
Well one day out of the blue I called AGD on information about a warp feed and just mentioned this story, and thier outstanding customer service dept told me to ship the body to them and they will correct the mistake that 888 made. Now I tell you, AGD will always be highly respected in my book. Mr. Kaye if you read this tell your staff that they really are the TOP.
As for 888, I will never do business with them again.

dansim
11-08-2001, 05:45 AM
i ordered a boohyahh grip back in march and i had a price match and they knocked of ten bucks so that was god and i waited 5 days to get ...nothing...i call back,well its out of stock some times we forget to update our systsems(actuall quote) but welll have them next week, nothing i call back and they finally have one and i demanded next day air wich they gave me free, and i sold it 2 weeks later, in june i ordered a eclipse spash kit sposed to be schrome they sent me silver, big difference, anyway i sold that a month later

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 06:22 AM
888 in NJ is right down the street from me...lol...i had never had a problem wiith them, and now you can go pick it up that day

AkaEnder
11-08-2001, 09:54 AM
Ive never had the slighest bit of trouble with 888. However I had to have my creditcard company mark the charges made by paintballgear.com fraud after they billed me and conviently 'lost' my order, and never shipped or bothered to tell me about it for 2 months.

udtseal
11-08-2001, 10:05 AM
Psychomag,

You live in pine hill?!?! I live in Sicklerville. Where is this 888 paintball place??! I usually go to OTS (On Target Sports) on the white horse pike, next to Jacks donuts. I go through pine hill every time I go to OTS. Have I been passing 888 every time?! Or is there another pine hill that I dont know about?

p8ntballa
11-08-2001, 03:58 PM
about 2 or 3 months ago I called 888 andasked if they had dye doubles in stock, they said they did and I got all excited. Then I waited over a week and stuff from them usually takes 2 days 3 at the most. Then I called back and they said it came across as bad credit...but I peyed cod...then i waited a little over a month calling back every day they were supposed to get a shippment. That never happend, so I told them I would take a Benckmark single instead and he took the price to 70 and then gave me some 32* competition to make up the rest of the money order. I got like 15$ woth of stuff than the MO was for. If i were you I would Call 888 and ask for Jeff and explain your problem he will probably hook you up.

AngelBoy
11-08-2001, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't order from paintball gear. Everything I've put on my cocker and angel has came from them, and the order has NEVER been right.

888 just never seems to have anything in stock... so I don't get it from them much, I call up one of the "local" stores and get them to order it for me.

OrangeDude
11-08-2001, 06:29 PM
Hi guys,

Once I bought a pmi tank and a spyder compact from 888. I was buying the compact for my buddys birthday and it was only a week or so away.I placed the order on monday figuring that 3-day shipping would have it in by friday. His bday was that friday! The guy on the phone said yeah about thursday you'll get it; but for sure no later than friday since it was 3-day expediated shipping. I thought hek I might as well pay for the extra shipping to get it in by friday to surprise him. Hes really into pball and couldn't afford a marker so it would of been awesome if he got the marker on his bday. Friday comes and guess what nothing!!! I called the place up and in a polite manner asked the guy about my order and stuff. And the guy tells me that it wasn't shipped monday but wednesday and that i would get it next monday probably. I told him but I ordered it monday and payed EXTRA for 3-day shipping. Then he started to give me an attitude saying that oh its not thier fault that it can't be in by friday. Then i thought to my self uhh duh it is your companies fault smart guy. I was kinda intimidated and let it go diddn't even ask for credit. The point was that freakin 888 jacked me. I might as well as paid for ground and wait for it to come next week. This would of been the same time as if I paid for ground and they correctly shipped it that monday. It did come on the monday after but the point was to have it in for my buddy's b-day. I finally gave it to him a week later when all of our friends had time to hang out; and he loved it!!! :)

AGDmagman2001
11-09-2001, 09:45 AM
I've ordered from them many times no trouble. I always order over the phone though from anyone.

yermom
11-09-2001, 12:52 PM
I just used 888paintball today as a price match at a local store here in the milwaukee area...they've been fine for me...:D

Drew
11-10-2001, 02:27 AM
I had them over night an order for me, EVERYTHING in the order was wrong, and to top it off, it took almost a month and SEVERAL phonecalls to get things straightened out, I think they stink:mad:

but then nothing ever goes right for me:D