PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on ESPN 2 right now!!!!

ScatterPlot
12-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Well... yeah... so it's on.

evildead420
12-16-2004, 06:21 PM
sweet, thanks for the heads up :cheers:

frontrunner
12-16-2004, 06:26 PM
thanks i love to watch, and i was there

evildead420
12-16-2004, 06:51 PM
those camera angles are sick, thats the best coverage i seen so far on PBTV

MonsterMag
12-16-2004, 06:51 PM
:headbang:

mag88888
12-16-2004, 07:01 PM
i watched it too. it was pretty cool.

WenULiVeUdiE
12-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Was it the same as last weeks?

JoshK
12-16-2004, 07:17 PM
yes

FreakBaller12
12-16-2004, 07:42 PM
thr announcers=teh gh3y

sicones
12-16-2004, 07:47 PM
are there any mags there, what kind of guns are they using??

ntn4502
12-16-2004, 07:52 PM
are there any mags there, what kind of guns are they using??

Yes, they were all using emags.

JoshK
12-16-2004, 07:56 PM
you forgot a ;)

your a :tard: if you didnt forget that.

sicones
12-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Yes, they were all using emags.

sure...

JoshK
12-16-2004, 08:02 PM
for my slightly retarded friend ;) ...they are shockers...and i think i might have saw a few other guns.

gc82000
12-16-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah I can watch it next week when everything else is shown on Guam. :headbang:

urbansix
12-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Looked like pretty much all shockers to me, and according to the announcers. I think I saw a nicely milled karnivor/alien looking one on one of the red guys.
I think NXL has hit on the most televisable format yet - very good footage - love the ref cams, the chronos (do they measure BPS too?) the hot gun calls & playing-on penalties - YEAH!! Some awesome bunkering & standoffs...overall very watchable. Can't stand the half-time hooo-yah psyche-up stuff - bleh.

Remember the cable cams in the USFL and NFL in the mid -80's? I think some technology/footage like that would be awesome for Xball. Or a straight-down overhead cam for field positioning commentary - maybe just for replays, but that would be cool.

ScatterPlot
12-17-2004, 01:18 AM
^^ A tethered blimp would be cool.

LaW
12-17-2004, 04:16 AM
Am I the only one that thought the show sucked? That the one commentary guy with the jersey accent or what not was annoying? Xball not being marketable, paintball on tv is boring for someone that does not play paintball. You have guys sitting around shooting paint for periods of time during some of those games with NOTHING going on. The commentators are silent for portions as well.

People want paintball on tv, but I just dont think it will ever last. Not now at least.

Commentary such as "look at that camera angle on the flage carrier" or something like that... pointless the guy was walking with the flag at the end of the game... awesome camera work! It was just not entertaining...

RusskiX
12-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Am I the only one that thought the show sucked? That the one commentary guy with the jersey accent or what not was annoying? Xball not being marketable, paintball on tv is boring for someone that does not play paintball. You have guys sitting around shooting paint for periods of time during some of those games with NOTHING going on. The commentators are silent for portions as well.

People want paintball on tv, but I just dont think it will ever last. Not now at least.

Commentary such as "look at that camera angle on the flage carrier" or something like that... pointless the guy was walking with the flag at the end of the game... awesome camera work! It was just not entertaining...

I could only watch about 5 minutes before turning it off too.

PROS: The large number of cameras did allow some great angles and obviously the quality of the videography was top notch.

CONS: The editing cuts almost gave me an epileptic fit. They never focused on one shot for more that 3 seconds before they cut to the next. It was very "MTVesque" with the rapid fire cuts. And this highlighted a second negative aspect which has been pointed out before...the casual viewer can't focus on a) the overall strategy of a game and b)where the central action is. Even though they had all these great cameras on field, the focus was the same old let's do a closeup of one particular player railing on the trigger with no vantage of his intended target or his surroundings. Unfortunately, since there is no focal point such as a ball/puck and no overhead cam to view the entire field at once, the viewer can never really tell how the game is developing. I have to agree with LaW that I personally find it boring to watch closeups of players just dumping paint.

cledford
12-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Anyone know when they are going to run it again? I'd like to TeVo it.

-Calvin

wyn1370
12-17-2004, 09:14 AM
did anybody tape it???

Wc Keep
12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
well the problem is that paintball is boring if your not playing. the only way it will be exciting is if you see someone superman into a snake just barely making it in or you see a crazy bunker move run through. those are the exciting parts. i for one think watch someone walk a trigger is boring.

wyn i need your paypal address.

Thordic
12-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Paintball is horrible to watch. I agree with Keep.

I want to take a nap when I see paintball on TV.

rkjunior303
12-17-2004, 11:00 AM
It was fun for about 5 minutes.. and both thordic and keep are right.. it got boring after a while.. same stuff over and over.. Only thing exciting were the few one-on-one bunker moves, like the move thru the X, etc.

Thordic
12-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Bunker moves are fun to watch, but overall, it has no "WOW!" factor that other sports having going for it. Even baseball is more fun to watch *snore*

To televise paintball and make it exciting, you'd have to go back to stock class. Stock class speedball is a lot of fun to watch. The moves people can pull off when there isn't ropes of paint flying around is a lot more insteresting than watching people sit in a bunker all day.