PDA

View Full Version : loading a q loader

mag88888
12-16-2004, 09:48 PM
is it hard to load a q loader. do i need anything special? i dont have a q loader im just wondering.

space_weazel_45
12-16-2004, 10:03 PM
no it comes with all the pices and its not hard at all you just have to find a process that works for you, you have to have the resivior higher than the pod and have the hose relitivly straight and thats about it.

shatter_storm
12-16-2004, 10:06 PM
look, I hate to sound like a jerk, but would it have killed you to google it?

warpig has an in-depth review of what the q-loader is all about, that's the first hit on google. the second one is AIC's website, www.qloader.com, which includes this: http://www.qloader.com/movies/aic_mov_reload.wmv and is all you need to see to answer your question.

RtDaNiMaL
12-16-2004, 11:45 PM
look, I hate to sound like a jerk, but would it have killed you to google it?

chill, he was wondering on peoples personal opinion's. not on how it really works, but if it works good.

DaNiMaL

LudavicoSoldier
12-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Mt preferred method for loading up a Q is to use a Revy as the paint feed source. You link the revy to your loading end with a vert feed elbow (like off of a spyder). Turn it on and crank away. Works PERFECT!

xXHavokXx
12-17-2004, 08:34 AM
Buy a ton of the pods, at a tourney a while back a team with a bunch of qloaders couldnt load out fast enough as the tourney was running way ahead of schedule.

Or use a halo.

thelane
12-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Mt preferred method for loading up a Q is to use a Revy as the paint feed source. You link the revy to your loading end with a vert feed elbow (like off of a spyder). Turn it on and crank away. Works PERFECT!

i dont get it?? well tried 1 once and its pretty cool but i still like the purple revvy

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril

urbansix
12-18-2004, 12:32 AM
yes loading is almost a 2 person job - you have to constantly jostle the loader thing, and crank at the same time. I thought about the revy idea too, but never tried it.

Timmee
12-18-2004, 08:02 AM
yes loading is almost a 2 person job - you have to constantly jostle the loader thing, and crank at the same time. I thought about the revy idea too, but never tried it.

Not if you do what LudavicoSoldier suggested. I was able to load all my Q-pods (for the first time) by myself at AO NE. Put the paint in the revy, it feeds through the vert elbow (I had to shave the ears off one end of the vert elbow) into the reloading socket. The revy will keep the vert elbow full of paintballs, allowing you to fill your pods quickly and easily (I had all 6 of mine filled within a few minutes).

jamescell
12-18-2004, 09:43 AM
If you use a halo you can do it by your delf :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-19-2004, 02:57 AM
i see the q-loader is a product that is a very neat idea that won't flourish. 1st of all it only holds 100 paintballs (make that around 90ish for the balls in the hose) and you can't just chuck the pods on the ground. Each pod costs around $20 (not sure if the price got lower) and loading it is a paint. Then if you break a ball in the q-loader (improperly loading it) the entire pod is done for and it will take about 10-20minutes to disassemble, clean, and reassemble it.

They do have a very nice costomer service staff and they have a lifetime warranty so in the event that you do break something or can't get your q-loader working, they will gladly help you out (they replaced my q-loader for free!).

Q-loader on a pump gun though is nice.

shatter_storm
12-19-2004, 07:13 AM
i see the q-loader is a product that is a very neat idea that won't flourish. 1st of all it only holds 100 paintballs (make that around 90ish for the balls in the hose) and you can't just chuck the pods on the ground. Each pod costs around $20 (not sure if the price got lower) and loading it is a paint. Then if you break a ball in the q-loader (improperly loading it) the entire pod is done for and it will take about 10-20minutes to disassemble, clean, and reassemble it.

They do have a very nice costomer service staff and they have a lifetime warranty so in the event that you do break something or can't get your q-loader working, they will gladly help you out (they replaced my q-loader for free!).

Think of it as a high performance car. It's finicky until you get to know the system, it requires maintenence if you abuse it, it's expensive and time consuming, but it outperforms everything else.

Timmee
12-19-2004, 08:44 AM

I dropped my Q-pods on the ground the first time (and only time, so far) I used the system, and there were no issues at all with the pods afterwards (well, I did drop an empty one into a mud puddle, but that was user error). Also, I recommend pre-loading the feed tube, so that when you engage the Q-Pod, they don't end up smacking into the wall of the chamber with enough force to break one. The reassembly and limited paint are issues that I don't see being fixable for a while, though.

warbeak2099
12-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Yea when you chop a ball in a pod it's a pain in the arse to dissasemble and clean it.
The 100rds isn't a problem for me though. I'm a frontman and I usually play on smaller fields where the game goes faster. I don't end up shooting more than 50rds. And when I do have to reload, it's pretty fast. Just twist and remove empty pod, insert new pod and twist.

I'm definately looking into getting an older revvy for loading the pods though. Most likely an old 9v.

kemikos
12-20-2004, 12:09 AM
You don't even really need an elbow. I just had to wrap a couple turns of electrical tape around the neck of my Ricochet to get it to fit snugly into the reloading socket. Just turn it on and crank away - loads perfectly every time.

As for those of you with breaks in the pod or hose: either you didn't follow the directions to adjust the hose length or your spring tension is too high. I have yet to break a single ball in my Q...

Kenn