PDA

View Full Version : Keith (Jack?) Idema sentenced to 10 years in Afgan prison...

cledford
12-17-2004, 07:30 AM
I happened to be browsing through Maxim magazine (December issue) this morning at 7-11 (checking out the women of the Apprentice -Jennifer C. = hot!) and came across an article on pg. 131 titled "Who the hell is Jack Idema any way?"

The guy sure didn't earn himself many friends in the paintball world and having seen the posts from back when he was arrested, I thought I'd let everyone know about the new article.

-Calvin

AGD
12-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Knowing Keith personally the way I do, I bet he has some of his buddies bust him out in a big dramatic move.

AGD

xXHavokXx
12-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Knowing Keith personally the way I do, I bet he has some of his buddies bust him out in a big dramatic move.

AGD

When I was a kid I used to dream about being sprung from prison by my friends with machine guns.

So my goal in life from like 5-9 was to go to prison.

Magaman
12-17-2004, 03:42 PM
When I was a kid I used to dream about being sprung from prison by my friends with machine guns.

So my goal in life from like 5-9 was to go to prison.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Python14
12-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Well, atleast you could make some of your dreams a reality.

nastymag
12-17-2004, 07:14 PM
yea i read the article....

what did he do with paintball though ?

BlackVCG
12-17-2004, 07:52 PM
He made tactical packs and other "functional" apparel of that sort, from what I understand. He was a bit before my time in paintball.

68AutoMoose
12-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I read the article too. Was this guy the real thing, or just a joker trying to get himself on tv?

50 cal
12-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Kieth Idema was(is) a certifiable loon! Seeing him chase the owner of whatever that company was that made all the knock off stuff early in paintball, made my mind up he was crazy as heck.

Don't look for him to get sprung, the Afghani's don't mess around. Their prisons are as bad or worse than Turkish prisons.

Idema got exactly what he deserved.

Recon by Fire
12-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Maybe a prison break would be a bad idea but considering where he is, bribery is the option. What did he do anyway? Given the region, I would have to guess something to do with drugs.

50 cal
12-17-2004, 09:57 PM
He beat a few prisoners as a private contractor. He said he was authorized to do it by US military.
As usual, Idema is full of what cattle do in a barn yard.

Arson51
12-18-2004, 03:50 AM
i saw a tv special about him, he was hunting for osoma bin laden in afganistan. he got a few buddies, with alot of weapons and went around cities trying to muscle information form people posing as an american hired mercenary or somthing. i wouldnt be suprised if he dose end up causing more trouble. very interesting that he was connected to paintball in the old days.

SteveD
12-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Kieth Idema was(is) a certifiable loon! Seeing him chase the owner of whatever that company was that made all the knock off stuff early in paintball, made my mind up he was crazy as heck.

Don't look for him to get sprung, the Afghani's don't mess around. Their prisons are as bad or worse than Turkish prisons.

Idema got exactly what he deserved.

Idema's "cell" is actually supposed to be pretty luxurious. The guy he got into the fight with was Ed "Fast Eddie" Dovner who owned USI. Idema took offense at the blatant USI knockoffs. Shortly after the incident Idema started his newspaper (The Paintball Planet, I believe) and showed blow-by-blow pictures of the fight (hmmm, how did he come to have those?) to show that he got the upper hand during the skirmish. If I remember right, this all happened at the Chicago Lively open in the early 90's where I first saw Gino from NPS....Eddie snuck up from behind and pants'd him. The most complete coverage of Idema I've found is at http://www.weblog.ro/soj/2004-11-06.html#18583

Lee
12-18-2004, 08:25 AM
looks like he finally found a use for those ics vests huh?

nut case.