PDA

View Full Version : So I'm moving to Syracuse...

Steelrat
12-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Gonna miss my Norcal peeps. How is the paintball scene out that way? Someone had given me some info before, but now that its firmed up I need to plan ahead ;)

hAppy
12-17-2004, 05:19 PM
awww, I'm going to miss you :cry:
You just have to move to some place I never heard of, sounds boring already :rofl:
Good luck, at least you will still be on AO right?

First to post :clap:

atm743
12-17-2004, 05:22 PM
i was born in syracuse!!! and lived there till i was 5

i dont remeber anything from there but one thing

theres a big mall there !!

cabldawg
12-17-2004, 05:23 PM
well I know that EMR is about 120 miles from there. It's a great feild to play.
Just have to remember that "up sucks"
EMR stands for "Endless Mountain Range"
Good luck to you

The Action Figure
12-17-2004, 05:30 PM
endless mountain recreation ;)

Muzikman
12-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I'll call Syracuse and warn them ;)

RusskiX
12-17-2004, 06:39 PM
I was under the impression that EMR stood for "Endless Mud and Rain" ;)

SCpoloRicker
12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Bummer. Did you get a new job / promotion? Best of luck, of course, and I know I can still count on you to expound on the holiness that is AKA markers ;)

Glad I got to play with you a few times in person.

Tunaman
12-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Syracuse! Thats near Buffalo! Maybe you can talk to the local inspectors for me. I still have nothing and I am still out 630 bucks! ;) :mad: :D

Mighty Mike
12-17-2004, 08:16 PM
What the hell is going on around here?? Tom Kaye leaves AGD and now Steelrat is leaving NorCal. :mad: :cuss: :cry:

Ryan - we're definitely going to miss you on our AO days. We'll have to plan a special NorCal day before you leave. When exactly are you leaving?? Hopefully you'll be around to check out the newest addition to my arsenal. :)

LittlePaintballBoy
12-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Fly out for NorCal VS SoCal once a year and it will be not as bad.

Going away party?

Dubstar112
12-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Paintball is flourishing extremely in this area. Syracuse and northbound.

Get ahold of me if you end up slightly north of Cuse.

Z-man
12-17-2004, 09:43 PM
What the hell is going on around here?? Tom Kaye leaves AGD and now Steelrat is leaving NorCal. :mad: :cuss: :cry:

Ryan - we're definitely going to miss you on our AO days. We'll have to plan a special NorCal day before you leave. When exactly are you leaving?? Hopefully you'll be around to check out the newest addition to my arsenal. :)

Dude! where did you come from!??!? It took this to bring our Mighty Mike back to us? Well I am glad to see you still here, Ryan and I were just discussing how we missed ya at our events.

Ryan and I have talked about this quite a bit and he assures me that he will be out for NorCal SoCal event and what is more we have some time before he leaves. I suggest we plan out our next AO Day as a "Farewell to Steelrat" day.

warbeak2099
12-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey I'm in Rottenchester... er Rochester. That's like an hour and a half away. Eh maybe I'll see you sometime. God, no one here has mags. I get wailed on everyday. I wish you were moving to Rochacha instead lol. Nah I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Steelrat
12-17-2004, 11:06 PM
:cry: I hate to leave the Norcal crew, you guys are fantastic to hang around with, but the move is better for my family. Plus, I'm just plain sick of commuting 1.5-2 hours each way, every day. Ugh. The good news is that I should be here until Mid February, and I plan on coming back for AO cal, as well as other select events ;)

I heard Syracuse had a nice indoor place. Hopefully, thats true, as Syracuse gets an average of 120 inches of snow each year :wow:

DiRTyBuNNy
12-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Well...I'm moving from San Diego to Knoxville, TN in the spring so I know I'm in for some culture shock..

Steelrat
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Just remember "Howdy y'all."

DiRTyBuNNy
12-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Another Left Coast loss... youll be missed up there. I have heard nothing but good things. Hope to see you at the AO Cal event!

considering the average price of a home in San Diego is $480k and the average in Knoxville is $80k it's not too hard to imagine..

LittlePaintballBoy
12-18-2004, 12:16 AM
400k does have the tendency to help people along with decisions...

Steelrat
12-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Another Left Coast loss... youll be missed up there. I have heard nothing but good things. Hope to see you at the AO Cal event!

Rogue, I got a little confused there with DB's comments, but I'm thinking that comment is directed at me. If so, thank you very much. I'm gonna miss the whole cali crew. At least I had a chance to shoot one of your fantastic guns (the one sent to Zman) before I left ;) Unless something terrible happens, I'll be at the AO CAL event. Who knows, I may be unable to resist my urge to pick up a sweet mech mag :D

If your comment was directed at DB, Im going to feel like such a tool :p

Torbo
12-18-2004, 01:10 AM
i live right outside of syracuse. pm me, ill do my best to help you out.

RoadDawg
12-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Good luck Steelrat. Snow is fun to live in. Although too much can be a bad thing. Also don't eat yellow snow or snow cones. :D

DB's going to Tennessee? wow... good luck to ya.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Good luck Steelrat. Snow is fun to live in. Although too much can be a bad thing. Also don't eat yellow snow or snow cones. :D

DB's going to Tennessee? wow... good luck to ya.

yeah..i hate to steal Steel's thunder but i am moving to the TN...Knoxville to be precise...it's just too damn expensive to live here (in my case...I haven't seen if Steel spelled out his reason) and plus my girl lives out there and has her own place...now I just have to find myself a job before i leave...

RtDaNiMaL
12-18-2004, 02:05 PM
so steelrat (or steerrat) in the old days....
what a bummer man, i have had a great oppurtunity to meet you and as well top play with you at many of the nor cal days. I am sorry to hear that you are going to be moving so far away... maybe we can have a half-cross the u.s. ao day for you. lol! I am honored that i was able to shoot many of your guns... you whore. just kidding. so do you think that you will be able to make the last ao nor cal day (for you) at valley thunder on the 8th? we have a thread going in the meet and greet for those who havent seen it yet. I hope you can come and if not i wish you the best of luck in wherever the road may take you.

DaNiMaL

RtDaNiMaL
12-18-2004, 02:07 PM
o yeah and db... have a good move when the time comes, i am sorry i wasnt able to play with you when i went down to san diego in august.... maybe next august if you are still down there or are ever back in so-nor cal let us all know so we can have a ao day (that goes for you also steel

DaNiMaL

robb2269
12-18-2004, 03:19 PM
I live in Saratoga, NY about 2 hours east but we go to Syracuse to play at Headrush paintball park every so often. Check out this site www.headrush.com they have bar leagues team leagues and practice big indoor ( 2 speed or 1 X-ball) Good luck look for AONY will list when we go again.

Steelrat
12-19-2004, 12:40 AM
yeah..i hate to steal Steel's thunder but i am moving to the TN...Knoxville to be precise...it's just too damn expensive to live here (in my case...I haven't seen if Steel spelled out his reason) and plus my girl lives out there and has her own place...now I just have to find myself a job before i leave...

Its a transfer for me, though I wont miss the cost of living and the 4 hours spent commuting each day, ugh. However, I must say, that having bought a house years ago, the continued upward spiral of housing prices here isnt necessarily a bad thing when moving.

O_o
12-19-2004, 10:52 PM
And think of the goodies you can get with the profit :p

It was always fun playing at AO NorCal events with you Ryan. Your ever so changing arsenal at every event never ceased to amaze me :) Good luck Syracuse ! Hope to see you at one more AO event before the move.

openboater
12-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Welcome to Syracuse.......

If you're smart, you'll get back on the plane and go back. But if you can survive here you're a hearty fella'.

First off, if you move north of Syracuse you will get 300 inches of lake effect snow every year. West wind over lake ontario makes more snow than any of those places in Calif.

We have more cloudy days than seattle. (due to west wind off Ontario).

But if you survive the winter (it's -8f right now ) the 2 months of tough sledding (july and august) can be really great. With the great lakes, finger lakes and adirondack lakes we have a wonderful local...

Paintball isn't as big as Calif, but we have fun.

2 indoor places in town help the winter go by. Headrush and Fury.

SCpoloRicker
12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Welcome to Syracuse.......

If you're smart, you'll get back on the plane and go back. But if you can survive here you're a hearty fella'.

First off, if you move north of Syracuse you will get 300 inches of lake effect snow every year. West wind over lake ontario makes more snow than any of those places in Calif.

We have more cloudy days than seattle. (due to west wind off Ontario).

But if you survive the winter (it's -8f right now ) the 2 months of tough sledding (july and august) can be really great. With the great lakes, finger lakes and adirondack lakes we have a wonderful local...

Paintball isn't as big as Calif, but we have fun.

2 indoor places in town help the winter go by. Headrush and Fury.

Steelie's gonna fffrrreeeeezzzzzeeeee!! :eek:

ttt for a great guy and a great contributer to AO. See you soon, buddy

Caffiend
12-22-2004, 12:52 PM
the 2 months of tough sledding (july and august) can be really great.

HAHAHAHA! I love it! Reminds me of home, we called that season construction though ;)

Steelrat, have fun on the east coast. Hope you enjoy the move, show all those New Yawkers some real PB skills :)

rkjunior303
12-22-2004, 01:27 PM
well, you'll only be 3-4 hours from us here in MA so you are more than welcome at the AONE events. welcome to the east coast!

automikey
12-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey, I live about 45 minutes south of Syracuse. Headrush is a big place, but I've never been there. It's near the fairgrounds. EMR is a real easy ride for you straight down 81, probably 1.5 hours. I play at Ithaca Paintball (the field is in Dryden), less than an hour from Syracuse.

Syracuse has a great pub section downtown.

I've been trying to start a scenario team to go to EMR, etc. Let me know when you're in the area.

Also, I'm a Certified NY State Real Estate Appraiser, for 10 years now. I might be able to help with some of your real estate questions also.

Mike

openboater
12-23-2004, 09:43 AM
We also have a club field in Cortland , 25 minutes south of Syracuse on RT 81.

We play every-other sunday in the spring-summer-fall. $10 per year membership. BYOP or buy from Pete real cheap.

We have a 3 acre woods field with bunkers and a 20 bunker airball field.

look at cortland paintball in groups section of msn.com

Merry Christrmas.....

tyrion2323
12-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Syracuse has quite a nice paintball scene, actually. I definitely recommend Head-Rush, which has both indoor and outdoor Xball, NPPL, hyperball and woods fields. Torbo plays there frequently, and Mike (the manager) is a really cool guy.

There are, of course, some little kids there, but most people there are alright. My team (Hobart Paintball) plays there pretty regularly, and maybe we can hook up and play together in the future =)

Jacob

P.S. >>> talk to Torben, he's a stand-up guy, and he's a darn good paint-baller.

dj89
01-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Move yet?

hAppy
01-23-2005, 09:27 PM
ehhh not yet we just had his goodbye AO event yesterday. He now has a brand spankin new gearbag and ONE SPECIAL pod to carry his gear everytime he comes back to CA! ;)

dj89
01-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Maybe he can come play with some of us magers up here. ;)

Creative Mayhem
01-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Maybe he can come play with some of us magers up here. ;)

Good call... AO Canada is in September and if everything works out as its looking to, its gonna be sweet!

dj89
01-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Good call... AO Canada is in September and if everything works out as its looking to, its gonna be sweet!
Can't wait :D

Steelrat
01-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Of course I will hook up with the NE crowd :D Just prepare for my soapbox sermons about AKA ;)

Eatem Alive
01-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Of course I will hook up with the NE crowd :D Just prepare for my soapbox sermons about AKA ;)
...and someone's momma to talk about. ;)

Dubstar112
01-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Bring your snowmobile.

openboater
03-04-2005, 01:21 PM
for all steelrat's old SoCal buddies, this is a current NWS radar of Lake Effect snow. It's snowing better than an inch and hour , right ontop of steelrat.

March 4th, and no sign of spring yet.

Welcome to Syracuse Steelie !!!!!!!

SCpoloRicker
03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
^^ Ha Ha!!

Get your snow shovel ready Steelie!

Steelrat
03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh boy, I just pulled into town too :D First order of business: Snowblower!

I mean, I literally just pulled into town 20 minutes ago.

SCpoloRicker
03-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh boy, I just pulled into town too :D First order of business: Snowblower!

I mean, I literally just pulled into town 20 minutes ago.

Welcome Home!! You cold yet?

Eatem Alive
03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
look what you're missin' next week (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USCA0034)
aaaaahhh...west coast goodness.

Steelrat
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, its cold here, but its actually been cold the whole trip. It was friggin snowing in New Mexico, for cryin' out loud!

Sure, its colder, but there are some advantages, such as this sort of activity right down the road:

Eatem Alive
03-04-2005, 07:11 PM
new mexico??? scenic route huh?

Dubstar112
03-05-2005, 02:16 PM
http://img90.exs.cx/img90/1116/hpim08763wv.jpg

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/1570/hpim08772hv.jpg

Theres mine :).

Buy one and Ill drive down there so we can ride.

Yes it costs more than my truck.

note that Im in watertown.