PDA

View Full Version : Air shooting out the hole marked "oil".

Boydster
12-17-2004, 04:59 PM
I just aired up my gun today and CO2 shot out of the hole that's marked oil on the regulator body. I'm new to mags but the oring I think it might be is the reg piston oring. Like it's letting air past it and up thru those holes. :confused:

Help please?

TDonovan
12-17-2004, 05:15 PM
I had air leaking out of one of my holes on the side of the xvalve...

I turned down my velocity and ran some oil through it and the leak went away. It was just venting because it was brand new and I didn't adjust velocity yet.

Dunno if that's your problem, but why not try it.

Boydster
12-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Well, I didn't actually run air though it but I did oil it. I took the reg piston out and oiled the oring and the gold body. Put it back together, aired it up, and it's working fine. And I was about to replace that oring...

Here's another question.

Is the reg piston supposed to be greased or oiled? I put oil on and that's working for now. If it's grease I need, should I take it apart and put vasaline on?

BlackVCG
12-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Oil on the piston is fine, if any air is getting out that oil hole, which really isn't an oil hole as much as a bleed hole if the o-ring fails, then you need a new piston o-ring.

I put Dow 33 on all my gun's piston o-rings, mainly because it lasts longer and means I don't have to take out the reg. nut and spring pack all of the time to keep it lubed. Plus it means less time messing around at the chrono because when you take out the reg. nut, you end up changing your velocity setting.

Boydster
12-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Am I supposed to oil the reg piston body? Or just the oring? And that leak stopped after I oiled the whole thing. Should be fine but I definitely need to get my hands on one of those orings before it goes out again or I'll be screwed.

The reg piston looks like it has an allen key hole in the bottem part closest to the back of the reg. Does that come apart? Am I ever supposed to take it apart?

What is Dow 33 BTW? I use Kermode stuff that's in your sig.

Hellaspaint
12-18-2004, 08:41 AM
No you can not take apart the allen screw from the piston body. It is factory set and it is for safety..... do not try to adjust anything on that piece!!!!!!

Dow 33 is a type of grease and it is used on many paintball guns. You can find it in most paintball shops.

Boydster
12-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks. Again...

Am I supposed to oil the reg piston body? Or just the oring? Cuz the spring pack needs grease and I'm wondering if this needs anything to keep from corroding.

jewie27
12-18-2004, 07:17 PM
There's only two uses I know of for Vaseline and it's not for paintball.....................

Boydster
12-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the tip....

jewie27
12-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Grease is the best thing to use on the reg piston. Use paintball oil on the o-rings.

Boydster
12-18-2004, 08:21 PM
So I take it the reg piston body is supposed to get some type of treatment? That is... I'm supposed to grease the reg piston body with something and and I'm supposed to oil the oring? Thanks.

Lee
12-18-2004, 09:34 PM
grease the reg piston. cover the whole surface of it with a light to moderate coating. i personally use pneumatic grease, but anything fairly heavy will do. the grease also acts as a further barrier to air leaks.

you should need to mess with the piston or o-ring after that unless you notice erratic velocity readings. the reg piston o-ring is a wear part and when it needs replacement, it shows in velocity spikes and drops.

after replacing the o-ring if anf when it's needed, just grease the reg piston up again and you're good to go.

Boydster
12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Lee
12-18-2004, 09:43 PM
;) np bro.