PDA

View Full Version : Calling Knife experts : It shoots a 5 " blade out under spring pwr and launches blade

Spartan X
12-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Like I said. It shoots a 5 " blade out under spring power and launches blade. It's like a blade batton. with out the spring you would open the clip and pull it out into to peice after about 6 inches or maybe 7. under one side is a double sided blade. when the spring is installed of course you would put the ends back togther and compress the spring. Then when let go it would shoot the blade out at a super fast speed, deff enof to barry it's self into a person or go a good distance... I had one that was missing a spring. I sold it to a Guy that I was already selling some knioves to. He had been a Cop and knew they were very illegal, so I took the $0 he gave me. it did n ot have a sping so it was non working....so thats all good, but I want to know it's name and any thing I can about it...cause If I could some how get a hold of a working one I prolly would try.

taylor492
12-17-2004, 11:17 PM
No clue...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68133&stc=1

Athius
12-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Do u mean the switch knife like the one in the movie punisher???? the knife which he used to kill the mariachi or jhonny cash wannabe hitman????

50 cal
12-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Never seen the spring powered ones. I've seen ballistic knives that fire the blade using a .22 blank. They don't shoot very far at all and are not accurate past 10'.
More of a gimmick than anything.

Army
12-18-2004, 06:59 AM
Old Soviet ballistic knife. Ostensibly made for Spetsnaz use only, they made umpteen quajillions of them before someone figured out that they are really useless. The spring cannot propel the blade hard enough to do real damage, and they are a pain to reload. The so-called safety has a habit of failing...so you know what that means, ouch!

Illegal in all 50 states to have one fully assembled.

Athius
12-18-2004, 03:14 PM
hmm that knife could be a great weapon for self defense

HoppysMag
12-18-2004, 03:30 PM
http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/wwwboard/messages/2777.html
more info

v_3Sterns
12-19-2004, 08:25 AM
if you're at the point of using a lethal weapon that might....why not just use a gun instead?

PyRo
12-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Because the knife is quieter so the other team won't know where he is.

skife
12-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Because the knife is quieter so the other team won't know where he is.

hahahaha the other team.

Major Ho
12-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Link to pics (http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2300/2375.htm)
Sorry I couldnt hyperlink the image or whatever but it wont let me right click to get the address of the picture
Apparently Arnold used this dealy in the movie Commando?

kauai_paintball
12-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Its a switchblade. A kid in california got 10 years for bringing one to school. In my area too.

Chipper
12-19-2004, 03:57 PM
It's alot like a switchblade at least, but yeah, I could use that when I'm out stalking pirates with my ninja skizzles.

Heh, ninja skizzles.....

HoppysMag
12-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Its a switchblade. A kid in california got 10 years for bringing one to school. In my area too.
no, its nothing like a switchblade. in the fact that this blade completly leaves the handle. wich a switch blade does not.

Spartan X
12-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Here is a picture of it closed. Under one side is a black Double sides blade. I did nopt find that ouyt till 5 min before I got kicked out of a knife show and sold it....When you pull that thing in the middle ( asuming the spring was loaded) the 2 peices would divide and the one side would be launched VERY HARD I am told, enof to inflict fatal wounds.

http://www.flagpull.com/free/ww2.JPG

HoppysMag
12-19-2004, 07:25 PM
you had the baton verson? of is that a scabard? they made a knife blade, a baton and a hook that could be launched outta it. cool stuff

dj89
12-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Here is a picture of it closed. Under one side is a black Double sides blade. I did nopt find that ouyt till 5 min before I got kicked out of a knife show and sold it....When you pull that thing in the middle ( asuming the spring was loaded) the 2 peices would divide and the one side would be launched VERY HARD I am told, enof to inflict fatal wounds.

Could you make that photo a little bigger?

Spartan X
12-19-2004, 08:17 PM
If any one can give me any info on wear to find another one I'd be very greatfull. I do understand that they are illegal..but then again so are all my switch blades. Mainly for a colecting perspective and cause next year I'll be in the military and will actually be able to use/own/carry it.

PyRo
12-19-2004, 09:48 PM
You cannot own switchblades because you are in the military. You think they get to take their guns home at night?
My freind was a student at the Navel Academy and some kid tried to bring part of his rifle off base. Aparently a couple MPs stopped him, tried to arrest him so he just threw it down and ran off base. When he came back he was arrested.

Spartan X
12-19-2004, 10:24 PM
No not exactly.

I do know that in Maryland you can not carry or own a automatic knife unless you are active Military serving locally or you are forumer Military with a Military ID.
I'm not totally sertin if this cover balistic Knives as well but regardless I want to find one again.

PyRo
12-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Where did you hear this? I want to read the actual law reguarding this, i'm going to bet you are just going by what someone told you.

MarkM
12-21-2004, 10:53 AM
If any one can give me any info on wear to find another one I'd be very greatfull. I do understand that they are illegal..but then again so are all my switch blades. Mainly for a colecting perspective and cause next year I'll be in the military and will actually be able to use/own/carry it.

As some of you may have noticed this thread is now reopened due to the lack of info and with reference to the post above if you do have information that Spartan X needs DO NOT Post it publically

PyRo
12-21-2004, 10:56 AM
As some of you may have noticed this thread is now reopened due to the lack of info and with reference to the post above if you do have information that Spartan X needs DO NOT Post it publically
But he does need info on why not to join the military then go around carrying switchblades because he is going to end up in trouble :)

MarkM
12-21-2004, 11:09 AM
But he does need info on why not to join the military then go around carrying switchblades because he is going to end up in trouble :)

Not the info I was meaning. I agree the info you are talking about DOES need to be seen publically.

Spartan X
12-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Yes this is correct. If ytou know were to get a hold of one you can PM me, but due to the legistics it's not good to post it on a Open fourm. They are legal to OWN but they are not legal to Own assembled. I found out why the spring was missing.

Tp say how I have to tell you how I got this knife. I bought a Huge amount of knifes from a friend. He inherited about 250 firearms and lots of knives and $15,000 in aur rifles..ect. any way I bought all the knives and just recently bought all the air guns for $6 grand to sell of for a profit...any way. The guy that die that had all this stuff willing to him had com mited suicide....so the police were involved with the guns to transfer them to the new owner. They founf the bolistic Knife and removed the spring, making a it legal; cause it was no longer working.

So these Knives are legal, but if you are found with them put together and loaded your in deap crap.

So I guess I couyld buy one with out a spring and maybe get a hold of a spring sepretly and just not put it to gether unless I'm teting it out in a remote enviroment.

That's whats going on.

Spartan X
12-26-2004, 03:07 PM
HAHAHAHA

Take a look guys. I'm 90% sure thats the knife I sold to the guy at the knife show!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6501257541&fromMakeTrack=true

The show was in MD and he is in PA so thats not to far off! Missing the spring or course too like mine!..I email him, lol.

PyRo
12-26-2004, 04:41 PM
That sucks, he gave away a valuable knife.

Brak
12-26-2004, 08:11 PM
get a ninja sword

50 cal
12-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Those knives are more of a military oddity than actual useful tool. I saw one at Ft. Bragg when I was in the service. The SF guys usually have loads of stuff brought in from all over the world to give familiarization classes to. We got to see all sorts of oddball weapons.

Spartan X
12-26-2004, 08:30 PM
yah well that's why I want one. I know I would never use it or carry it, but it would just be "cool" to mess around with in a controled enviroment.