PDA

View Full Version : So I just watched PB2X TV for the first time this morning..

DiRTyBuNNy
12-18-2004, 01:36 PM
and I must say...that was wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the ESPN2 X-ball coverage...I could see PB2X actually pushing the sport in a positive direction (just like all the other Skateboard/Snowboard/Inline/FMX shows on Fox and the like)...it was informative...it was dumbed-down but was still entertaining...the commercials weren't total cheese (other than the fact that they were all NPS related..go figure..) and actually made me want to check out sites to see what they offer...now if we could just get this show on a better timeslot...made in the afternoon's or even get enoug episodes taped to show it during the week...that would be great...

punkncat
12-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Yes I also enjoy the show. It keep everything simple and informative. Good action shots , and very positive focus. I like the timeslot too. I can wake up Sat. morning and watch it before I have to actually get up and do anything.

SAW
12-18-2004, 02:36 PM
TiVo makes life easy. I've got them all on my DVR.

MonsterMag
12-18-2004, 02:43 PM
sadly I missed it , what was it on?

robb2269
12-18-2004, 03:06 PM
I think they said next week is the last of the series. Did you catch the 2004 World cup on espn2? Dick Clark is producing it and they had around 30 camera's. I missed it twice but I hard it was the best coverage. If he (Dick Clark) gets behind it you know he will do it right next year look for more.

tony3
12-18-2004, 04:38 PM
The xball espn 2 coverage was so unbelievably boring. The announcers were basically the worst announcers ever.

slade
12-18-2004, 05:01 PM
yeah, pb2x was so much better than espn2, but i only caught one episode. could anyone who tivo'd them rip the episodes for AO? anyway, if you live in new england, there was a paintball show on nesn that brent (beta_max) was in, that was surprisingly well made and entertaining, condsidering it was a small woodsball game. sort of funny how a small, locally made woodsball show was more fun to watch than the nationally broadcast espn2 championship. :p .

DiRTyBuNNy
12-18-2004, 05:30 PM
yes...for anyone who missed the NXL finals on ESPN2...I'd say watch it just so that we can get the ratings of it higher so that they'll bring it back next year...but watch a football game or a soap opera using the picture-in-picture feature on your TV...that'll be so much more interesting...

urbansix
12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
I was thinking just the opposite. While the announcers sucked on ESPN, I thought the coverage was better. Great camera angles, and you watch the whole game. PB2X was a few minutes of highlights chopped up by "interesting factoids" and noobish "introduction to the sport" type of features, with a much greater "brought to you by NPS" feel to it. The hosts on PBX2 are, granted, much prettier. The play-by-play on ESPN almost sounded scripted, and alot of the segways were SOO LAME i almost fell out of my chair "Those mahkers are really flinging some paint - how fast do they shoot, Bob?" etc. but I liked the espn total coverage better, FWIW.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-18-2004, 05:49 PM
I was thinking just the opposite. While the announcers sucked on ESPN, I thought the coverage was better. Great camera angles, and you watch the whole game. PB2X was a few minutes of highlights chopped up by "interesting factoids" and noobish "introduction to the sport" type of features, with a much greater "brought to you by NPS" feel to it. The hosts on PBX2 are, granted, much prettier. The play-by-play on ESPN almost sounded scripted, and alot of the segways were SOO LAME i almost fell out of my chair "Those mahkers are really flinging some paint - how fast do they shoot, Bob?" etc. but I liked the espn total coverage better, FWIW.

Exactly...turn the sound off the ESPN broadcast...

now the perfect mix would be the ESPN camera crew with the spontaneity of the PB2X cast...

urbansix
12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
now the perfect mix would be the ESPN camera crew with the spontaneity of the PB2X cast...

and the babeness....

I will grant the PB2X broadcast makes the sport more attractive to non-paintballers, whereas the ESPN2 coverage is more for the "sportfan" (with the sound off, good idea...I like to turn up the radio, haha)

DiRTyBuNNy
12-18-2004, 06:12 PM
and the babeness....

I will grant the PB2X broadcast makes the sport more attractive to non-paintballers, whereas the ESPN2 coverage is more for the "sportfan" (with the sound off, good idea...I like to turn up the radio, haha)

Well..they both attempt to broaden the fanbase by dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator...but I just like the way PB2X does it better (that and i despise the Gardner brothers...SP or otherwise)

as for the ESPN broadcast..they need to DerDer-ize it...add a punk soundtrack...have the announcers just give us point updates..maybe John Madden a few of the games..other than that...shut up and let the music go...

RobAGD
12-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Well remember the color comentary and the annoucing was done after the fact and was edited in to matchthe coverage so it IS scripted kinda like the traumaheads wherethey tape when Danny Manning is playing or you can see him on the sidelines and there he is doing the color :)

BTW - word I have heard is that NPS bought the Spike TV time, and then tried to get others to buy some air time/ comercials and there were no takers so thats why you see some many NPS adds andthe Nemicolin adds. At least they are getting something out there that isnt completely retarted.

-R

KLaNGeDoN
12-18-2004, 11:13 PM
I agree with dirtybunny. ESPN's coverage was the worst paintball I have ever seen. I was at the World Cup and they didn't do paintball any justice what so ever. I DVR PB2X and I just wish it was longer than 30min. I've heard alot of people put it down but it's the best thing out there right now.

luke
12-19-2004, 10:45 AM
What station aired PB2X?

KLaNGeDoN
12-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Spike Tv