PDA

View Full Version : Vert ASA help, please

jon-boy
12-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm buying a classic mag from Lee... one of my first orders of business is a vert ASA and X chamber. What's the best method? Should I buy a new rail, or is it possible to mod the original? Help, please!
Jon

Boydster
12-18-2004, 08:58 PM
I think all rails either come with a pre-drilled hole for the vert ASA bolt or a pre-drilled but not all the way hole where you just punch it out.

Vert ASA's come with the bolt BTW. And I'd suggest an X-Core from CountyPaintball.com for your expansion chamber. Those are 19 bucks and most likely the best you can buy. Countypaintball.com also has those vertical adapters.

Lee
12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
jon-boy...if you like, i can punch out the hole in the rail for the vert asa screw. just lmk and consider it done.

when i used co2 on my mag i had a tippman expansion chamber. i loved it. the one i had was not much bigger around than a foregrip and it worked great.

i highly reccomend compressed air though...you'll love yourself for it.

jon-boy
12-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Lee-
I had a 68/3k Bulldog before I joined the army. (used it on my minimag). Had to sell it all when I joined the army. I'll go back to HPA when I have the cash for it. In the meantime, I'll put an X-chamber on it and keep using co2. I like that x-core... good for compressed air too.
Anyway, I can punch the hole. I didn't have to worry about it with my minimag, because it was already set up with a vert asa. I just didn't know if the standard rail was set up for that. Now if you have any quick disconnects, elbows, or braided stainless, let me know!

Lee
12-19-2004, 08:19 AM
sorry guy, don't have any of those, but i'm going to throw in a hopper elbow and thread protecter in the package. least i can do for a man in uniform. if i can find any other little extras, i'll toss those in as well. no extra $$ needed.