PDA

View Full Version : Working pressure of Macroline fittings?

lather
12-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Anyone know the working pressure of the Norgren or Camozzi Macroline fittings like the ones at Airsoldier.com? I really prefer Macroline over SS but burst fittings isnt something I want to experience.

Also can Microline be used instead of Macroline in a Mag with no ill effects? The way I understand is that Microline will starve low pressure guns, but will be fine for a higher pressure gun like a mag.

thelane
12-18-2004, 09:13 PM
im not shure about the 1st and 2nd ones but micro line will work fone on any mag mech or E hope that helps :headbang: good luck

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril

:clap: yay 1st reply :clap:

ntn4502
12-18-2004, 09:14 PM
im not shure about the 1st and 2nd ones but micro line will work fone on any mag mech or E hope that helps :headbang: good luck

-lane the flying skwril

:clap: yay 1st reply :clap:

No.

White_Noise
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
using microline on a mag would be like using a reg which restricts the airflow, therefore starving the valve. microline is just a bad idea in general

1977FordBronco
12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
I once heard that macroline fittings are rated at only 150 psi. that seems wrong concidering i've run 1000 psi to my mag using macroline with no bursts. This info was from a tech at air america but maybe i mis-understood what he was saying.

thelane
12-18-2004, 10:02 PM
well i was talking to and fondling his mag had microline to it and it was an e mag so i thoughy even though ot was an x valve it would work on any mag if wrong im sorry

-lane the flying skwril

MonsterMag
12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
I think the fittings are 1000-3000psi , not sure

the line is like 1000-1200psi though

can'tthink of1
12-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Story time...

Ran like 1200psi+ out of my conquest when I 1st got it and had no idea which way to turn it and how much to turn it.... Yeah... Fitting and hose blew...

personman
12-18-2004, 11:18 PM
I once heard that macroline fittings are rated at only 150 psi. that seems wrong concidering i've run 1000 psi to my mag using macroline with no bursts. This info was from a tech at air america but maybe i mis-understood what he was saying.
I wouldn't doubt that they are rated at 150 psi. They aren't meant for the kind of use we put them through anyway.
And for future reference, rated pressure is the pressure reccommended for the hose to be used at. It's not nessicarly the 'burst' pressure. They leave some room between the two so there are no unfortunate accidents. Paintballers dont seem to care though :rolleyes:

Oh and can'tthinkofone, the exact same thing happened to me. They guy was filling up the tank. Scared the hell out of us. :(

MonsterMag
12-18-2004, 11:43 PM
If they were rated to 150psi , how would I use my crossfire with a 850psi output? :D

personman
12-18-2004, 11:44 PM
If they were rated to 150psi , how would I use my crossfire with a 850psi output? :D
Did you read my post?

MonsterMag
12-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Did you read my post?

sure did

It was a joke ;)

CoolHand
12-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Most macro line fittings have a "working pressure" of 300 psi, which gives a "burst" pressure of ~900 psi, which is why they sometimes blow up on people.

Don't use the swivel 90's if you're going to put over 600 psi through them.

Stainless hosing is better, but its also more $$.

Just be careful, and if you blow yourself up, don't say I didn't warn you. :argh:

Later

MonsterMag
12-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Most macro line fittings have a "working pressure" of 300 psi, which gives a "burst" pressure of ~900 psi, which is why they sometimes blow up on people.

Don't use the swivel 90's if you're going to put over 600 psi through them.

Stainless hosing is better, but its also more $$.

Just be careful, and if you blow yourself up, don't say I didn't warn you. :argh:

Later

So its not safe to use a crossfire with a macro setup? :eek:

personman
12-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Nope.
Of corse, people do it all the time. I do it. It's not smart...
I need to get me some non swivel elbows.. I only have one. :(
But then again I only put macroline on the guns that I really dont use. I have good ol' SS on my mag. I've got macroline on my cockers and bko (tinker guns :D )

CoolHand
12-19-2004, 12:07 AM

Generally speaking?

No.

I wouldn't worry about 450 psi output tanks, but an 850 could take a notion, and cruise on past 900 real easy. They rate them for a reason - statistically speaking, a great many of the fittings will fail at ~900 psi. Some will fail at a higher pressure, some will fail at a lower pressure.

Some manufacturers use a higher factor of safety, so instead of having a burst of 900, one of their fittings with a working pressure of 300 might have a burst pressure of 1050 or 1200 psi. However, I don't know if any/which of the common manufacturers do that, so its best to assume they all have a FS of 3.

Do a little research, otherwise, you may end up looking like this guy - :argh:

Or worse, this guy - :tard:

And that's just not cool.

MonsterMag
12-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Wow, I didnt know that , thanks alot for warning me :cheers:

CoolHand
12-19-2004, 12:12 AM
. . . . Of corse, people do it all the time. . . . . . .

People also tie thousands of pounds of plywood to the top of their POS Geo Metro, that doesn't mean that its a good idea. :rofl:

It never ceases to amaze me, the things that stupid people can get away with.

The things I have seen rednecks do . . . . . boggles the mind.

Anyway, good to see that at least one other person knows the score.

Knowledge :ninja: 's :headbang:

dj89
12-19-2004, 12:25 AM
A great man once said:

Actually there are specific reasons why we dont put airlines on some of our products. First off macroline fittings are rated to 150 psi. Its not something we sell because doing so could get us sued and I dont want to feel responsible if someone gets hurt.

The Tac-One was brought out at the lowest possible price since the body costs so much. In comparison Tippmans die-cast body costs about 10 bucks finished. The aluminum for the Tac body costs more than that. The stainless lines and fittings we use are more expensive than macro line so you are actually saving money buying the gun without hoses and getting them yourself.

AGD
;)

CoolHand
12-19-2004, 12:36 AM
I've seen the brass ones rated all the way down to 90 psi working pressure.

But if you buy good SS ones, you could very well come up with a macro fitting that's rated at 6000 psi . . . . . nevermind that they'd cost $40 a piece. :rolleyes:

At any rate, regardless of their rated pressures, you can be sure they will be near (or over)their burst pressures when running an XValve.

Just be careful.

I'm thinking about working up some hardline kits to put the old school back in Mags . . . . . .

lather
12-19-2004, 02:55 AM
Thanks all for the good info! Looks like im gonna stick with the stainless braided.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
12-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I once talked to a fellow in England about getting some high quality macro fittings, Each fitting was 15 bucks a pop, I was about to buy it but then I sold my Viking and my cocker runs 180ish out of the maxflo so there was not a point, if you are really interested I can dig up the email. Just be prepared to pay 60 bucks for a gun setup.

Az

MarkM
12-19-2004, 02:01 PM
I once talked to a fellow in England about getting some high quality macro fittings, Each fitting was 15 bucks a pop, I was about to buy it but then I sold my Viking and my cocker runs 180ish out of the maxflo so there was not a point, if you are really interested I can dig up the email. Just be prepared to pay 60 bucks for a gun setup.

Az

So it seems this is the season for these questions.....the fittings you are talking about I brought some over with me on my last trip and now TAG (www.tagsportz.com) has them. They are expensive but not $60 per gun set up around the $25 range the expense climbs if you have a curved sided input/output if this is the case you need an adapter for each curved side...and they do swivels at the same working pressure with no loss over the straight fitting...but then these have been sourced from outside of the regular fittings supply chain ;)

Rift
12-19-2004, 02:14 PM
just use the SS and put some shrink wrap over it, it really isnt that much heavier.

mag88888
12-19-2004, 08:29 PM
use the ss. it is alot safer. and if your gonna be putting high pressures as mags use hp then the hose could burst. ss is better.

xXHavokXx
12-19-2004, 08:39 PM
It's not so much that steel is heavier, it's more an issue of ease of setting it up. For instance at the shop we set up guns for people all the time. It would be a pain to try to keep all the different lengths of SS hoseing around. Plus kids change drops at least 3x a month depening on fads, so they would need new hose. Personally I dont use it due to the fact that every time ive tried I always end up with some hidoues loop of excess line.