PDA

View Full Version : Research Project for International Bachelorett

swat150
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
HI all, its been awile since I last posted here. Anyways, currently I am enrolled in some IB classes at my highschool. My IB Math 4 class is asking the students to conduct a research project and carry out it in mathematical processes. I chose the topic Paintball injuries. I thought that paintball is a misunderstood sport about how dangerous it is, and would like to prove null to that. So here is my survey. Thanks for your participation and I will be conducting a couple more throughout the months to come.

thelane
12-18-2004, 09:40 PM
well ive had all 3 but the other,running to bunker,forgot to stop,roll over and fall on ground ouch

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril

luke
12-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Don't you think you should have had a "No injury" in your poll? What are you going to base your numbers one without it? ;)

personman
12-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Do welts count? :confused:

Glickman
12-18-2004, 11:30 PM
ive only been really hurt due to getting shot underneath my knee, at shatnerball 3
back then my osgood schlatters was pretty bad, so i was rolling around a little bit

i did see somewhere a chart on sports, and bowling turned out to be more dangerous (i guess old people playing? :rolleyes:

swat150
12-18-2004, 11:50 PM
For some reason the no injuries didnt show on my poll results, i will null and void this survey. Sorry, ill post a new one tomorrow.

SAW
12-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Broke 2 ribs playing woodsball. Tried to slide into some cover, hit mud, overshot. Yeah, that hurt.

Mr. Mouse
12-19-2004, 06:02 PM
never really got hurt except some close quarter shooting then that makes some major welts but besides that never really broke/sprained/hurt anything *knock on wood*

Eric Cartman
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
ive only been really hurt due to getting shot underneath my knee, at shatnerball 3
back then my osgood schlatters was pretty bad, so i was rolling around a little bit

Your Osgood Schlatters was pretty bad? What did you do to make it better? I've got that pretty bad under my left knee and always wear knee pads while playing, but I still manage to bang it up pretty good fairly often and it hurts like hell

back on topic - I've been cut a bit by some pretty hot shots over the years, but my worst injuries from paintball have simply been as a result of tripping over roots (or my own feet ;) ) and a lack of stretching, nothing too serious.

RamboPreacher
12-20-2004, 10:48 AM
there is no selection for "no".

Glickman
12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Your Osgood Schlatters was pretty bad? What did you do to make it better? I've got that pretty bad under my left knee and always wear knee pads while playing, but I still manage to bang it up pretty good fairly often and it hurts like hell

back on topic - I've been cut a bit by some pretty hot shots over the years, but my worst injuries from paintball have simply been as a result of tripping over roots (or my own feet ;) ) and a lack of stretching, nothing too serious.

i guess u can say just stopped hurting. i still ahve a large lump under each knee, but it rarely give out, or hurts when i knock into stuff (although i still strain it every once and a while)

phsyical therapy helped in the long term which i did 1-2 times a week, but ice helped best short term. unforunitly, all i can say is wait it out, mine really got started last spring, but now i knee people with a rock hard lump!

but at the very least, do excersizes, because ive heard the options incase I didnt, and it complicated (yikes)