PDA

View Full Version : I can't run my mag on co2

hubadlatimmy
11-08-2001, 12:26 AM
Everytime I try to run my mag on CO2 I can shoot about 20 shots then it gets to the point where I am hearing actual liquid drain down the tank. I have never had problems at organized fields but when I play renagade with friends my little 68/3000 preset pmi tank only lasts so long. Here is my setup

chrome powerfeed mag
ans phase II air valve
shocktech drop forward
stainless steel hose running from asa to the valve with quick disconect
stainless steel all american
benchmark chrome foregrip

Nobody
11-08-2001, 01:36 AM
i take it that you are mounting the co2 tank on the drop forward? if it is, then you are letting the liquid into the gun. you would need to either change the co2 tank into an anti-siphon tank, or provide a filter for the gun, before the co2 enters into the valve.

slateman
11-08-2001, 08:06 AM
Number one option is definatly get N2. It is so worth it.

If you can't get that you need to reside yourself to the fact that you may not be able to play during the winter. Co2 doesn't work well in the winter.

Try and exspansion chamber and an anti-siphon tubr in your tank.

hubadlatimmy
11-08-2001, 11:35 AM
I will try runing it on a remote this weekend and see what happens. It might help some

slateman
11-08-2001, 12:38 PM
If you can, run the remote through your shirt and down your sleeve to your gun. The idea is that your body heat will warm up the CO2 and help it to expand.

joeyjoe367
11-08-2001, 03:19 PM
Both suggestions (Anti-Siphon and Remote) will work. Another option is to use an Expansion Chamber or X-Chamber/Anti-Siphon Combo.

Make sure that the Anti-siphon is made for your 'gun. You don't want to be suckin' in liquid.

Playing with Co2 is going to be much harder, seeing that it's almost Winter now. You might want to buy a N2 system. It's well worth it.

Army
11-08-2001, 03:46 PM
Main problem that you have created, is that the bottle is horizontal in that DF, this just allows liquid to pour out the tanks' valve and into your gun.

A remote, of course, will get your bottle vertical. (The coiled,or "slinky" types are best since by design they are much longer than a S/S hose and act as another expansion chamber.) This will keep liquid out of the valve. Think of your tank as a soda bottle without a cap on, if you knock it over, all the soda comes out under pressure! Same thing is happening to your Co2.

If you insist on using the DF, get anti-syphon tubes installed on all your bottles. This will alleviate, but not eliminate, liquid flow. A Palmers Stabilizer will take that last bit of liquid and allow it to go to gas.

I use Co2 for about 95% of my play. I run a MiniMag with a slinky style remote and 4 stage expansion chamber.

For now, do not point your gun downward. This just puts the valve on the bottom of the liquid. Keep your shots to 2-4 shot bursts.

MINIRETROMARK
11-08-2001, 04:39 PM
hubadlatimmy the remote should help it alot and it you have drop forward you need a angled bottom line.
:)

hitech
11-09-2001, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Army
A Palmers Stabilizer will take that last bit of liquid and allow it to go to gas.

I have a stabilizer and am considering purchasing an automag. How well does a stabilizer work with an automag? I assume you need to "crank up" the stabilizer to at least 700 psi?

Thanks in advance.

MagNumPI
11-09-2001, 02:13 PM
I have not decided on how i'm going to proceed.

Right now i have a N2 88ci 3000PSI tank direct to the valve on my mag with QD hoses.. Now I play Renegade as well and N2 is not available..

This is what i'm thinking...

i'm either gonna:
Get an Xchamber and more hose and QU parts (so if the N2 runs dry I can just unscrew my SP Gadget grip and pop on my Xchamber and just connect it.

OR

Buy a Remote with built in expansion chamber and just run it up to the asa...

But there is a problem.... I am used to having a 30lbs gun .. when I go to remote it will set me all off.. trust me I have shot with remotes and I can't hit the tagets 10 yards away. Well mabey not that bad lol

TheTramp
11-09-2001, 02:56 PM
I'd get a SCUBA tank and a fill station. That way you can continue to use your N2 tank all the time. You can get a good SCUBA tank and fill station for around $200. If any of your buddies use N2 they might chip in.

MagNumPI
11-09-2001, 03:58 PM
Good idea.. I already have a CO2 cylinder.. where would I get one.. Scuba shop in town or same place I got my CO2?