PDA

View Full Version : Tom, what line of work will you be pursuing?

luke
12-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Just curious what line of work you will be in now that you sold AGD? Are you looking for work, or do you have something worked out already?

AGD
12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Well for now I am just going to be retired but I will probably work on some real estate projects in the future.

AGD

luke
12-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

Real estate is something I've been concidering myself. I remember you saying something about maybe moving to AZ., are you still thinking about that?

xXHavokXx
12-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Seriously, you should look into motivational speaking. I always see ads for motivational speakers with abnormal backgrounds like:

"guy who knew KISS back when and told them to paint their faces"

"Guy who used to be addicted to heroin, crack and nicotine and now is clean"

Yours could read:

"Man who single handedly took Paintball from the dark ages of CO2"

or

"Dude with a pimp mustache"

or

"Foremost researcher into the human condition of buying crap over quality"

luke
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
After watching the “Discovery Channel’s” episode on commercial space flight with Space Ship One, I thought Tom would be a good man for this type of work…. :D :cool:

behemoth
12-18-2004, 10:40 PM
"guy who knew KISS back when and told them to paint their faces"

LOL!

My dad was big into KISS, and raised me into it, i went to the last few concerts .. with my face painted ;)

ScatterPlot
12-18-2004, 10:45 PM
So who wants to start a tomsrealestate.org with me?

luke
12-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Funny, my very first album I ever owned was “KISS Alive”

RenagadeOfFunk
12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Well for now I am just going to be retired but I will probably work on some real estate projects in the future.

AGD

AKA...

Indoor fields :cool:

Glickman
12-19-2004, 01:38 AM
or you could become the spokeman for priceline :D

mcdkid
12-19-2004, 11:55 AM
lol, the funiest one yet.

Blazestorm
12-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I need a rich person to start an indoor field in my area. There is no telling the amount of business this person would get.

A decent full-size professional indoor field within 15-20 minutes of me would get so much business it's not even funny.

*whispers at Tom* NW is better :D!

Muzikman
12-19-2004, 07:17 PM
I am pretty sure an indoor paintball facility is not the type of "Real Estate" he was talking about. There is no money in it.

At the same time, I really hope he does not go the "rental" property direction too. Even though there is good money in it, it's way too much work.

xXHavokXx
12-19-2004, 07:29 PM
I am pretty sure an indoor paintball facility is not the type of "Real Estate" he was talking about. There is no money in it.

At the same time, I really hope he does not go the "rental" property direction too. Even though there is good money in it, it's way too much work.

I think maybe he means hes going to follow Idema's lead and raise an army of rebels in Nicaragua and overthrow the gov't there.

warbeak2099
12-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Maybe he can get Idema to knock off Leonard Nemoy. Then Bill Shatner's other buddy will have to be the co-spokesman for priceline. Now if we could just bust Idema out of that Afghan prison...

Glickman
12-19-2004, 08:52 PM
I need a rich person to start an indoor field in my area. There is no telling the amount of business this person would get.

A decent full-size professional indoor field within 15-20 minutes of me would get so much business it's not even funny.

*whispers at Tom* NW is better :D!

just look at the price of insurance for fields now adays and youll know why :D

gibby
12-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Nothing wrong with that.

Real estate is something I've been concidering myself. I remember you saying something about maybe moving to AZ., are you still thinking about that?
Actually, I heard AZ is the right place to get into real estate. I know several people who've bought property out there and have done pretty well. Good luck Tom if that's your calling...I know if I had the money to invest, I'd probably do the same.

luke
12-20-2004, 12:55 PM
I've made a couple of good deals, but AZ has become so popular in the past 10 years that real estate prices are going threw the roof.

It's taking more and more money every year to invest, but that's what makes it worth doing.... ;)

SAW
12-20-2004, 03:16 PM
or you could become the spokeman for priceline :D
Nice! :rofl:

68bird
12-20-2004, 10:15 PM
u should consider the foothills of tucson. its nice up here but u got to get use to the heat maby we will have an event if u move here. i heard bill gates has a house on top of a mountian here that u can olny get to on helicopter, but its probibly a lie.

gc82000
12-20-2004, 10:41 PM
I heard that the newest hot spot for real estate is in mexico. Baja to be scecific. I have some family that owns a few vacations homes there that they rent to families over the summer or winter months.

I should not have told you that. :cry:

luke
12-21-2004, 10:00 AM
YES, properties in Eastern AZ and New Mexico are very affordable.

peewee
12-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Wyoming has got extreemly low prices. Not that there is much there.

Crimson_Turkey
12-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Cave Creek Arizona, weird little cowboy/hippy town north of Scottsdale. The real estate prices keep going up. The town is trying to restrict building, so supply is becoming much lower than demand. I don't regret it.

Enemy
12-22-2004, 03:22 AM
pahrump Neveda has just had a water main run through it to come to vegas so its springing up at amazingly cheap rates and frightfully fast!

C_22
12-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Go for Industrial and/or Logistics. It's awesome and good $$$ too ;)

Magaman
12-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Tom, Start your own tournament scene... You can call it T-Ball or something like that... ;)

Edit: Oh, by the way, if you ever decide to do any Real Estate in Michigan, let me know... I'm part-part-owner of a Title Insurance Company...