PDA

View Full Version : New to all this

Fooey
11-08-2001, 04:57 AM
Hi guys,

Having only just bought my first Mag (it's a classic powerfeed that i am loving alot), i am a bit new to the world of Mags and i was wondering if someone could please tell me how well the e-mag competes against other electros like shockers and angels, as i havn't seen many e-mags around the UK.

I'm not trying to dis the e-mag, it's just that my mag is fantastic and i've seen lots of classics around but i havn't seen many e-mags.

Army
11-08-2001, 09:21 AM
Hello Fooey, and welcome to the forums!

The Emag is comparable to other high end electros, and in many ways is quite superior. The two most astonishing aspects are the trigger and batteries.

The trigger is actually a set of magnets that you manipulate to get a light and fast pull, this eliminates the mechanical problems with conventional triggers. The battery pack is a metal hydride type, giving you many thousands of shots and quick, full recharges. But, the greatest advantage of the Emag is when the batteries die during a game or a day of play, you simply switch to manual mode and continue to play with a ReTro Valved reactive trigger!

The Emag has been tweaked with simple mods to run full auto at well over 20bps, coupled with a Warp Feed and 12v Revvy hopper, you can have a near solid line of paint going downrange!

Check out the video of the Emag in action (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/haloemag.mpg) , and this is only 15 bps!

Yup, the Emag can hold it's own against any other electro, and in most instances can beat them down:)

You can contact http://www.airgun.com/Europe/index.html for any "local" information.

JanStah
11-08-2001, 09:31 AM
Nice to see another UK-ian hombre on the forums, thats at least 5 I know of now. (I could include Bob(RKL), but he's a really a yank in hiding!)

You're right in saying that there are very few Emags floating around the UK at the moment; I'm not really sure about why this is, but I do know that with the advent of the Extreme Emags, the situation is changing.

Just a month or so back, I was at the UKPSF Big Game at Kidderminster and I must have seen at least 3 Modular (extreme) emags and and maybe 2 or 3 normal Emags. Maybe the presence of Jon Bonich had something to do with it.

Anyway, nice to hear from you and I hope you have fun with your Mag.

If, by any chance, you're in the midlands, I'll be playing at NPF on the 25th. I'll be wearing a Grey DYE Jersey with 'JanSolo' on the back. Run over and say Hi!.

Cheers

Jan.

Fooey
11-08-2001, 10:03 AM
Ok, firstly thanks Army, i love my mag so much that i might just have to start saving for my very own e-mag :D

secondly, Jan, as i've only been playing local rec-ball for about a year i don't know alot about the tourney scene and where all the events are held. So if you let me know where NPF is i will do my best to come up and say hi.

Cheers

Fooey

manike
11-08-2001, 10:39 AM
Hey Fooey NPF is just north of Birmingham in the midlands...

And JanStah I'm up for joining you on the 25th at NPF and I know a few friends who are also.

We are also having regular practices at ASW every two weeks. Not this weekend but then the next and every two weeks from then on, come and join us :) I may even be there this Sunday...

manike

JanStah
11-08-2001, 11:14 AM
Hi Simon!

I'm getting my new Motor next week so I'll finally be able to drive to places again! (YAY!)

I definitely want to meet you and your team at ASW soon; cant make this week tho, cause I dont have the damn car yet!

Fooey: NPFs website is:
http://www.wdp-paintball.co.uk/npf/welcome2.htm

PS. If anyone's planning on going to NPF, book up soon cause they're really busy for some reason.

Jan.

manike
11-08-2001, 11:25 AM
Great news about the car. If this weekend does happen I could always come pick you up... not as if it's far! lol It may not though due to me hiring a chipper to rip up a few (6!) huge trees that I cut down in my garden :)

Whats the skinny on the 25th? Is it a walk on day or what? Do you know what the deal and cost is there so I can tell the guys that want to come with me? Is it walk on with your own guns or site rentals only? I've not played at NPF for over 6 years! How many people can they take now?

I actually got invited to go play there by Owen from WDP so I think I'll be able to squeeze in ;) I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what is going on.

manike

Fooey
11-08-2001, 12:02 PM
Cheers guys,

hopefully i'll be able to get up there. if not i'll see you somewhere a little further south :D

JanStah
11-08-2001, 03:31 PM
Simon,

The 25th is just a bog-standard punter day as far as I know... I'm bringing a group of 30 or so people from work, mates, friends of friends, etc.

But NPF are always flexible about bringing your own kit; I'm taking mine and my bros along. I seem to remember them saying that they take 300 people a day; I know there were 200 already booked on monday cause I called them. But since you have your own kit, I would imagine they'll squeeze you in.

Punter prices are £40 (500 paint) or £55 (1k paint)... BUT they may do you paint separately at walkon prices if you ask them nicely.

I'm looking forward to it now! Bring your scary FA RT along! I've been dying to see it!

Jan.