PDA

View Full Version : Mag locking up...

Commissar_Loki
12-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Alright, I have a decent time with getyitng mags to work right, few problems and questions, but nothing major... Now the trigger is locking up and I'm clueless. I bought a leaking smart boxed mag, removed the smart box and sealed it up tight (Thanks to Tato). But now I have a different problem, everything seals perfectly, no leaks or anything, yet I pull the trigger once, it fires, then it doesnt move the on/off to move the sear back into position, and I'm rather clueless. Any ideas would be hugely appreciated, Thanks in advance.

-Butch

P.S. It's not a lvl 10

nato
12-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Im assuming that you mean that the sear rod/pin isnt returning after that first shot and seems to be quite flacid. It sounds like either your bolt spring is old (not returning) or the MUCH more likely answer is that its in your on/off assy. Check the o-rings for wear.

N.A.T.O.

warbeak2099
12-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Lube that on/off assembly. Also, you may be getting bolt stick. I'm not 100% sure but isn't that what those brass spacers were for? I know the airgun.com online store still sells spacers for lvl 7 valves. Might want to look into that.

bleachit
12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
not to sound stupid, but make sure you tank is full.

Commissar_Loki
12-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Well I did get it to work... no freaking idea how, but I did. I played w/ velocity, oil (musta ran 30 drops into the thing directly), cleaning, and just poking at things. Runs very well now, did have a little trouble getting enough gas into the dump chamber, but somehow fixed itself. I now see why everyone likes mags.... they fix themselves ! :dance: :rolleyes: :dance:

-Butch

nato
12-22-2004, 01:13 AM
If you drown a mag in oil, it breaths
If you choke a mag with mud, clean it

Wise words from master nato

Happy Holidays,
N.A.T.O.

Andrew Cunje
12-23-2004, 01:56 AM
get your tank output checked at 2500 psi at your local paint store...if it is at 2500 and lesst thank 650 or 500 get a new tank or sent ti to get it tuned with a higer ourput....sorry i am drunk bad typing...i just got my tank shipped to get it at a `1000 psi output instead of a 650 :headbang:

Commissar_Loki
12-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Well, perhaps I could do that, but sadly I've never heard of a high output CO2 tank... and I work at a paintball store. I mainly asked the question before asking my boss b/c i always piss him off with dumb questions (My boss being Tato) and I didn't wanna bug him 5 times a day... Anyway, thx for the input, but it seems to be shooting great, I spose it just needed some (and by some I mean a ton) of oil.

-Butch