PDA

View Full Version : new warp idea

Chronobreak
12-19-2004, 02:26 PM
ok after hearing some complaints and worries of people that they might or have ripped the wires(i ripped them before)

the wires in the warp dont last forver and a somewhat hard tug can pull them right out..or just using theme every weekend can weaken them to where they tear easy.

i think i have came up with a viable solution as well as some improvements for the warp.

first as most of you know how the revvies are setup so you can just insert the batteries then clsoe the door, no connectiong or anything required. why couldnt the warp be setup like this?
it would eliminate the wires as well as then be able to have 2 batteries ready.

the two abtteries could be sued simoultaneously as a 12 vlt mod or a jumper or soemthing could be added to switch it to 9vlt for batt saving etc.

and one last think an on/off would be really nice..although i suppsoe if what agd says is true then the sensor doesnt use much if any abtter power while sitting btwn games etc

feel free to psot any comments suggestions etc

as of now im looking into these ideas and seeing if i could $ effectively mod them myself or find somone to do them.

im not in this for profit(although tid be nice) i am in this to make a better more reliable product.

thanks

AGDlover
12-19-2004, 02:29 PM
i believe its a great idea it makes sence and even if it cost a little bit more it would be worth the extra money and i would definetly buy one :headbang:

JoshK
12-19-2004, 02:52 PM
I said yes...but it would probly need alittle work...probly wouldnt be as simple as it seems you think...but im not positive..so i voted bboth :) good ideas man.

zackzel
12-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I think this sounds like a great idea. I already modded mine and put an on/off switch on it but the battery compartment Idea sounds really nice.

luke
12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
I can do the on/off for you if your intrested.. :D
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155104

MonsterMag
12-19-2004, 05:20 PM
sounds like a good idea :clap:

Chronobreak
12-20-2004, 01:48 PM
up for more input

Rift
12-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Both ideas are great and something the warp could very much benefit from in the long run. The only thing is implimentation i dont actually own a warp but i have used one and im wondering exactly how hard would it be to rig it to have a battery system like a revy? Is it something that will have to be done by a techi or possibly you? Or will the user be able to do it on there own?

REDRT
12-20-2004, 05:44 PM
I think the warp is interesting, but you still need a hopper. So now you have a second investment where as if you went with something like a halo in the first place you wouldn't. Granted streamlining yourself by not having a blimp on top of your marker has merit, look at the Q-loader idea. If the the warp could integrate its own hopper, do what it does and be faster than a victory board in the Halo B and be less weight than a staight hopper then you would have something.

Chronobreak
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
if i remember correctly when they(agd) were testing the warp they got it upto something obscene like 75 bps or soemthing. so it could easily be faster...then again your back to the hopper problem..you would need a hopper feeding that to keep up and with technology out now it doesnt seem possible although i dont see why a modified halo couldnt feed upto 40 bps or soemthing crazy as well.

hopper chocie is nice as well and trust me if it had an itnegrated hopepr people would be complainging more about colors etc etc

but all thats kinda off subject as far as waht im looking for my main complaint is the wires in the warp..as well as not being 12 vlt ready :(

off hand i think tom said its set to feed around 14~....WEAk...i found the warp salcking even on a stock mech mag......the halo helps the force feed a bit

and 26~ or soemthing on 12 vlts(NOW WERE TALKING)!

btw a stock halo is kinda overboard for most people and a vic board... :rofl: unles ur gun is MAD! bounce or ramping

as far as if this could be a tech mod or something the suer could do him/herself probly it could probly be both but ultimately i would like warps to come like this stock. and would fix all ifnot most of people complaints with warps

one other thing i noticed is after a long day of ripping the band start to stretch and slip. halos use bands too and they dont seem to slip..maybe a new band or soemthing?

magmonkey
12-20-2004, 09:35 PM
i had two of the very first warps with the black plastic pinion pullys

at 18 volts the pullys get cut in half by the belt :) thats why they changed to a brass one

gc82000
12-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Do it, I said do it , just do it.

Lord_Whoopass
12-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Ummm AGD Rob already has this mod on his site... http://www.robagd.com/warp-mod/

I was thinking about doing that to my warp... just too lazy and dont have the battery plate...

luke
12-21-2004, 11:46 AM
If I develop and up grade for the Warp (2 batteries, no clips) how much interest would there be?

This is what your looking for right?
Warp on/off
Led (on/off)
12v mod
(2) 9v battery no clips.

What do you all think an up grade like this would be worth? (all 4 mods together)

Chronobreak
12-21-2004, 12:29 PM
DOH i swear everytime i think i thought of a new idea..somone already did it

what rob did whas pretty much what i had in mind....

gues i need to find a broke revvy now :(..but it still wont be 12 vlt ready :(....

Jazkal
12-21-2004, 12:36 PM
If it was reasonable, I'd get it.

luke
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
DOH i swear everytime i think i thought of a new idea..somone already did it

what rob did whas pretty much what i had in mind....

gues i need to find a broke revvy now :(..but it still wont be 12 vlt ready :(....

You can buy a 12v mod, they are currently for sell in the dealer fourm or you can make one yourself....