PDA

View Full Version : 4 Bps X-valve

02vertcocker
12-19-2004, 09:18 PM
The title about sums it up. The valve only recharges about 3 or 4 times per second, or at least the bolt/trigger is set back that quickly.

So anyone have a general solution? I am new to mags, but willing to learn . . . It also has a ule trigger pull kit in it, and it was all working untill about a week ago.

warbeak2099
12-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Put some more shims in. I don't know why it's recharging so slow. What kind of tank are you running into it? Also, put some oil through the system. Lube the on/off assembly as well.

MonsterMag
12-19-2004, 10:12 PM
the xvalve should be recharging alot faster than that. Oil it up and adjust shims

02vertcocker
12-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Bah, so where can I get myself some shims? I have 1 in right now. *I have all of 1 total*

Anyway, thanks for the replies . . .

Would I really need to adjust how many shims I have in at a random time? Is it like a break in period thing? I don't know how long it's been in there . . . so I am kinda lost. I thought once you had it set working, that was it . . .

Rift
12-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Alright first of what is the pressure that you are running into the mag? Secondly dose it take a little bit of time for the on/off to reset or is the bolt itself sticking? Lastly it is a break in process as you use the gun the o-riings break in there will be a point where you shouldnt have to adjust anything anymore.

02vertcocker
12-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Alright first of what is the pressure that you are running into the mag?

PE high output preset, right around 800-850, more than enough for my classic mag

Secondly dose it take a little bit of time for the on/off to reset or is the bolt itself sticking?

Both, but the bolt doesn't allways stick. I have taken the barrel off *old twist lock* to see if the bolt rubbing was the problem, it wasn't

Lastly it is a break in process as you use the gun the o-riings break in there will be a point where you shouldnt have to adjust anything anymore.

OK

The o-rings on the on/off assembely where already nicely oiled, so I don't think that is it . . .

Rift
12-19-2004, 11:10 PM
With the ULE Trigger kit the best you want to add shims till it has to much bounce. If you use to little the gun will be easy to shortstroke if ya use to many the gun will bounce like mad. You want to add one shim at a time till you find a good trigger pull for you. Just wanted to clarify you mentioned something about a classic valve is this an X-valve or Classic? The first thing i would recomend is to put your old on/off back in there (if you have it, it makes tuning everything easier) and tune the lvl X first. Take all the shims out and tune the carrier. You want to use the bigest carrier that will not leak. Put the middle spring on and then test the bolt and see if it resets okay. It should work just fine with out any shims but if it dosent add one shim at a time till you get the desired effect. Once your bolt is setup proceed with the ULE Trigger. Also did you buy the ULE trigger from agd or did you get it used? It should have come with more then 1 shim.

02vertcocker
12-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Well, i got 2 mags, and one of them has a classic valve, the other is an X with a ult. I will put in the stock on/off assembely to see if that remedies it. If it does, ill get back to you guys.

The gun was used, and it only came with 1 spring, and 1 shim *Yeah, I need some more of them . . .*

Rift
12-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Are you trying to setup a ULE trigger in both of the valves? Are both of them giving you trouble?

02vertcocker
12-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Are you trying to setup a ULE trigger in both of the valves? Are both of them giving you trouble?

No, the ule trigger is only in the X-valve, and it is giving me trouble.

The classic valve is stock setup, and is running great.

Rift
12-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Ahhh alright well in that case do the lvl 10 tuning first if ya have the stock on/off that will make life easier, then move to the ULE trigger, for the Trigger your gonna have to get more shimms tho.

Andrew Cunje
12-22-2004, 05:32 PM
i kinda had this problem because my nitro tank was a peice of **** putting otu about 650 psi at 2500 psi...i jsut shipped it off to centerflag to have ti remade into a 1000-900 psi output at this pressure or 2500 psi....i suggest trying a new tank cause when i put my friends tank on i was ripping like 15 bps

AsianMiniMag
12-22-2004, 06:09 PM
You could always send it to Havoc to get it tuned........ ;)

Andrew Cunje
12-23-2004, 01:52 AM
who i9s havock ? where is he located...priceing? i need to probably get ym valve tuned because i am having some routblewith leaking...sorry i am drunk my typing sux :eek:

AsianMiniMag
12-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Havoc online yo. here is the link......http://www.havoc-online.com/ all the info for the tuning is there....and good luck on that hangover yo..ha ha ;)

02vertcocker
12-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Gah, it isn't working again. Just let this thread die, I will address it again later . . .