PDA

View Full Version : How To Hydro a Tank w/Flatline?

Vex
12-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Is there a way to remove the lower half of the Flatline regulator from the tank, and if not, then how can the tank be hydroed?

Is the regulator reverse-threaded (into the tank) or standard? I'm having a really difficult time with this... :confused:

Also, does anyone have an expanded view of the Flatline?--so I can make sure I have all of my parts! There's no manual for it on AGD's website. (I bought mine used, so...)

Dayspring
12-19-2004, 11:21 PM
There's a reason that there are no diagrams of the flatline online. You are not supposed to work on it.

And yes, the reg can be separated from the tank. They are torqued on about 25-30psi. If you have problems, send it to a qualified AGD tech.

If you're getting it hydro'd, send it to hydrotester.com

Vex
12-20-2004, 11:36 AM
They are torqued on about 25-30psi.

Do you mean 25-30 inch pounds (in/lbs)? I can't say that I'm familiar with torquing in psi...
My scuba tank valve is only hand-tight, which is about 25-30 in/lbs, and I can't see a paintball regulator being more than that for the same amount of pressure.

Does anyone have an exploded view of the complete regulator? I'd like to do a parts inventory.

Rift
12-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Do you mean 25-30 inch pounds (in/lbs)? I can't say that I'm familiar with torquing in psi...
My scuba tank valve is only hand-tight, which is about 25-30 in/lbs, and I can't see a paintball regulator being more than that for the same amount of pressure.

Does anyone have an exploded view of the complete regulator? I'd like to do a parts inventory.

An exploded diagram dosent exist.

Vex
12-20-2004, 11:43 AM

Okay. Well then, how many tank regulator spacers are in the 3k Flatline. I've only got one, but I may have lost the second one (if there is one) while disassembling.

Dayspring
12-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Correct. It should have been ft/pounds.

And there is no diagram.

Vex
12-20-2004, 11:53 AM
25 ft/lbs is a lot of torque on that tiny reg! Call me anal, but I still think you mean in/lbs.

Anyway, does anyone know how many tank regulator spacers go inside the shaft where the on/off cam slides in?

Blennidae
12-20-2004, 12:18 PM
I could have sworn the instructions that came with my 68/3k flatline had a parts diagram of some type. I'd have to dig around to see if I can find it.

Vex
12-20-2004, 01:27 PM
I could have sworn the instructions that came with my 68/3k flatline had a parts diagram of some type. I'd have to dig around to see if I can find it.

That would be great if you could find it and let me know! :clap:

dj89
12-20-2004, 05:15 PM

Bcause if you work on it AGD dose not what you to explod :)