PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have a really weird warpfeed wiring problem. Is there anyway to make this work?

trains are bad
12-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Please help.

I'm running trying to run my marker off the batteries in the warp. I tapped into the wires right where they go to the warp board, after the 12v reg and all.

It works. The marker works.

BUT I CANT INTELLIFEED IT!:cry:

The morlock board has a solenoid 2 output that puts out a pulse of the same current that it is fed every trigger pull. This runs my other warp feed fine, but it won't run the one it's drawing power from. If I touch the positive to one lead of the intellifeed cable, the warp spins continuously. If I touch it to the other one, it's a direct short. Apparently the + wire from the solenoid 2 output is hot all the time.

I can put the jumper on the top, (the setting for interfacing to a switch), and put the - lead from solenoid 2 to one of the intellifeed leads, and it works, but the marker doens't. It doesn't fire single shots. THis may be because the warp draws too much current when it switches on and so the solenoid in the marker wont' click. If this is the case well then I know this battery sharing thing is not going to work. But I can rip on the trigger, and switch the warp on and off with the white primer button, and it does't miss shots or do anything funky.

Furthermore, I cannot put it in parallel with the trigger switch, because doing so causes the marker to turn on! I have no idea why.:rofl:

Please help. There just has to be a way to intellfeed this thing, short of adding an entirely separate switch to the trigger for intellifeed.

vf-xx
12-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Not exactly sure what the problem is, but it may be undoable due to the whole system requiring too much current.

On the other hand, when you have it set up and the warp turns continously, have you tried turning down the sensitivity on the warp? That's a standard problem with intellifeeding things.

trains are bad
12-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm not running the vibration sensor at all, in fact I think I yanked it out with pliers last night.

It's not a sensitivity thing.

It's a ''trying to get a board that is running on the same power source as a warpfeed to intellifeed said warpfeed'' problem.

The warp was not designed with this in mind and I'm not smart enough to get it done. :cry:

The only thing I can think of is to add another switch to the trigger. But I don't even have a good way to do that and I dont' want my trigger pull messed with.

I have a perfectly fine voltage pulse out, and a perfectly good trigger switch to interface to, but like I said, the fact that the board and the warp are in the same circuit makes it so I can't get either to work.