PDA

View Full Version : I need a powder coating job

Dave
11-08-2001, 10:49 AM
I want to get my 68 Powerfeed Hopper right grey body powder coated black. Just simple, straight gloss black to match my intelliframe. Can anyone here do this? I know there are people who do powder coating jobs-could you also do this, and within tolerances?

How much would it cost and how long would it need to be out?

What are some prices for this job?

would I need to tape off parts(any openings, bottom where it sits with the rail) or would whoever does this take tare of it for me?

Thanks for all who can help. My email is [email protected] if you are willing to help me out.

-Dave

cphilip
11-08-2001, 11:02 AM
email [email protected]

It will run you about $20 (15 for coat and 5 to ship back but don't quote me on it email him and he will give you a price) and it takes about 10 days turn around time.

He does nice work. I had him do three for me all worked perfectly.

ProjectMag
11-08-2001, 11:23 AM
Yep, redrider is the one to talk to about powdercoating. I had mine done straight gloss black and it ran me $20 shipped (don't know if his prices are still the same). Also, he takes care of all the work (taping off parts, etc)so you don't have to worry about that. BTW, he does a great job!

Dave
11-08-2001, 11:31 AM
That is excellent! I thought it would be much more than that. I will email him right now!

thank you!

-Dave

cphilip
11-08-2001, 11:37 AM
OK but be patient it takes him a day or so to get back to you.

Here is a picture of a black body he did for me. It was grey like yours before:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=193146&a=10953897&p=50704826

MikeCouves
11-08-2001, 01:56 PM
Man redrider's work is top notch. He must have done more than a hundred by now :D. He's like the AO powerder coater.

Mike

DiRTyBuNNy
11-08-2001, 06:26 PM
yeah..i've got Cphillips p/c'd mag body now and it's top notch.....

jr
11-08-2001, 06:28 PM
i just got my rt done by red and it looks ok. it has 2 drips on the power tube and it took me a while of useing the dremal to clean out the extra powder coat out of the power feed. i could not get the barrel in had to clean it all out. i had him do the hole gun a purple to black fade. now that i have it all together id say it looks good.all tho it seems that the body tube paint looks kind of orange peal like.

n1mr0d
11-08-2001, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jr
i just got my rt done by red and it looks ok. it has 2 drips on the power tube and it took me a while of useing the dremal to clean out the extra powder coat out of the power feed. i could not get the barrel in had to clean it all out. i had him do the hole gun a purple to black fade. now that i have it all together id say it looks good.all tho it seems that the body tube paint looks kind of orange peal like.

does he do anything that will look like the black teflon body? i think that paintjob looks trick, but i don't have too much dough to spend on a new body.