PDA

View Full Version : Placed 2nd in local 5 man tourney

punkncat
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
The team had never played together , as a matter of fact we didn't even have a team as of the day of the tourney. Myself and a good friend got together , went to the field and picked up 3 other guys that morning. One of which had never played speedball before and hadn't played paintball in about 5 years , my friend hadn't played in well over a year . Our other team members are some really promising up and coming players.

There were 6 teams , one of which (NBI) just won the rookie class tourney at Fat City and placed well at Big Daddy's up in Rome. Another team made up of a couple of ringers (two well experianced players) the field owner , and another pickup player. Ga State College fielded a team , another group of semi regular players , and one group that had never even played paintball , making their debut game a tourney.

Our first game was over in 32 seconds. We took on the "semi regulars" and had them out before they even settled into their bunkers. The right side of the field was strong , so we sent a few left and 3 went right and just basically walked up the field. It was the fastest game time posted of the day.

Our next game against the Ga State team required a bit of paint and a little time , but pretty much used the same strategy to eliminate them. We went strong on one side and just got the angles and picked them off.

The new kids posted a good showing. Have to really give them kudos. We won against them of course , but were very impressed with their learning curve.

We played the "ringers" next. They almost immediately went up 4 to 3. One of our guys was having marker problems and he got out and the new guy didn't last long. The pickup player on their team pulled an awesome bunker move. One of their guys tried a bunker move on our weak side and we took him out. Well the 2nd guy comes up behind the first guy , right when you wouldn't expect it. I caught him with a cross field shot at the same moment he bunkered our tapeline. My backman didn't see me get him so he kept thinking there was someone in the tapeline. With that move it had become 2 on 2 , with the opposing teammembers on my side back and 30. I started cutting right and my backman is just tearing up the bunker on the other tapeline. I asked what he was shooting at and he insisted someone was there. He hadn't seen me get the guy and I though he knew something I didn't. I got caught snap shooting against the two of them , moving right had given them a better angle after I held up. My backman held them off until he ran out of paint.

Our last game started off good against NBI . We took one on the break , but that was soon followed by one of ours. My back right had trouble with markers all day so he was basically just calling positions. He kept calling the dorito to my left , but I never saw anything from it. He quit calling , so I thought he had gotten the guy , but I watched just to be sure. Another guy poked his back out of a coke can in front of me so I blasted him with a few shots. After he didn't move , I called for a paintcheck on him. I got sloppy while I was waiting on the paintcheck and forgot about the dorito. My "ex teammate" Dave reminded me he was there with 5 down the side. Stepped out the back of my bunker and another guy wailed me 3 in the face. A few seconds later the game was over.

We had a great day for a pickup team and had a really good time. NBI was not eligible for prizes , as they were reffing and kinda the "sponsoring team" as it were. So by default we got second behind the "ringers" who played some spectacular ball. A player on their team won most sportsmanlike conduct for the game. He backed off a few times on bunkering people in a major way. Great experiance....and a free case of paint for next weekend.

MonsterMag
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
pics

punkncat
12-20-2004, 07:50 PM
pics

I personally didn't take any , but I think the Ga State guys took pics and video. I am hoping to get in touch with them and get a few or link them......sorry. :(

Fatjon
12-20-2004, 08:07 PM
where was this at. And are yall planning on playing the 5 man at AWOL. Alias's for first?

punkncat
12-20-2004, 08:12 PM
where was this at. And are yall planning on playing the 5 man at AWOL. Alias's for first?

Dan's Land Paintball in Jackson.

What is AWOL ?

I actually don't play in tourneys outside the local area. I can't commit to the time and money to be useful to a team , or really to stay on their roster. I generally play on pickup teams for Dan's tournys. I have been in 4 , won 3 times in 3 man hyperball and 2nd this time , in 5 man airball , and make as many open team practices as I can afford.....

TERRY AGD
12-20-2004, 10:39 PM
good job ,next time u may get 1st ...