PDA

View Full Version : which one? Q or ule? unique setup

master_alexander
12-20-2004, 07:42 PM
ok so i got a warp and don't like it that much, too heavy so i was thinking, what about a q-loader?

so i was wondering how easy they are to use, its either that or a ule.

the only problem is i have a z grip and an endo and play speedball and see that the q loader seems to be more twards scenario.

as you see i have a problem.

help please

~alex

Mr. Mouse
12-20-2004, 07:48 PM
really fast loader, just have to wind up all the pods everytime you get done using them then you have to fill them, they only hold 100 rounds in each pod and each pod is like 20 - 25 bucks each :rolleyes:

bballe336
12-20-2004, 09:56 PM
qloader=crap. go with a good ol revvy or a halo neither will let you down.

frischtr
12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
qloader=crap. go with a good ol revvy or a halo neither will let you down.

Is that so? The Q-loader may have its flaws, but it's probably the future of paintball loaders...

warbeak2099
12-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Gee, my Qloader never smells bad or is crawling with bacteria. Im guessing you've never used one.

Anyway, the Qloader will definately help you with weight reduction. I play speedball only. I'm a frontman/tape player/snake player. The Qloader is perfect for me. It's light, fast, uber low-profile, and it's got great customer service. The only problem is the low capacity and the pain in the arse of filling each Qpod. The low capacity isn't bad for me, again I play front. I also play on a small field where games don't last very long. I end up shooting around 1/2 to 3/4 of a pod. The loading is a problem. I'm going to look into getting an old 9v revvy to load the pods instead of having to shake that stupid 500rd silo.

It's all personal preference though. You're used to a Warp/loader setup so you may just want to buy a warp ULE body.

shatter_storm
12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
The problem with the warp combo is that you not only have the normal weight of the marker and hopper, you also get two more batteries, the motor, the housing, and all the rest of the warp stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's a sweet combination and great to reduce profile, but it's brick heavy. (I want to warp a shoebox shocker so I can say I strapped a brick to a brick, but that's another story). With the q-loader, you don't have four 9volt batteries stuck somewhere in your marker, so that's five to five and a half ounces of weight saved (149 grams - lithium cells, 156 grams - alkaline 9v cells).

If you're smart enough to read the directions and not break anything - you shouldn't have any problems with the q-loader. It's got teething problems to each marker setup, but if you tune it in then it'll work perfectly. Get the feed tube length right (cut it long to start, 3 or 4 extra rungs) and don't prewind the pods up to their maximum tension.

Despite popular opinion, the pods arn't fragile as heck. I've played for six months, every weekend, and havn't broken any of the five I have. One trick is not to throw them like normal pods - you can't just dump paint and then hurl them off to the sidelines. Rolling them behind you works great.

And no, the system isn't flawless. If you forget to prewind your pods and just load them instead, they arn't gonna work. If you bust a ball inside the feed tube, you're going to be shooting whacky until you clean it out. Same thing goes for any loader - halos are notorious for slicing up balls in the catch cup and gunking everything up.

In short (because I usually type so much)
+cuts profile the same as the warp
+lighter than the warp
-steeper learning curve than the warp
-not a fire-and-forget system like anything with batteries will be
+faster than the warp
+no batteries
-more expensive for a good setup

teufelhunden
12-20-2004, 10:54 PM
If you play speedball and shoot.. at all, don't get a Q-Loader.

Simple reasons: No shooting while reloading, 100 round capacity, larger front profile if you mount it on your barrel, pods are expensive as balls..

warbeak2099
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Eh you got about 3 shots while reloading lol. That's if you have a CF.
The pods are expensive yea, but look at it this way... each pod is the individual loader.
And again, the capacity is only a problem for backplayers and others who usually post and shoot lanes. Perfect for a snapshooter.
The profile is not enlarged even with the Qloader mounted under the barrel. It's actually a shorter profile. If you were using a conventional loader and a ball went in the area where the under-barrel mounted Q was, you'd still take a hit. You can't say the Qloader creates a large profile. It's a drastic improvement over the profile of a conventional setup.

SlartyBartFast
12-21-2004, 11:56 AM
larger front profile if you mount it on your barrel

?!? :confused:

Compared to a blimp on the top of your marker? :rolleyes:

master_alexander
12-21-2004, 12:52 PM
I am stilll undecided, in a bit of a hole now, i will soon decide, please help me more!!!

rogue: that is a cool warp adapter for a vert feed !!1

Glickman
12-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Is that so? The Q-loader may have its flaws, but it's probably the future of paintball loaders...

its not reliable in any way. yea i have one to fool around with, but it takes some time to fill, the pods are 20 ... its not a good primary in my opinion

master_alexander
12-21-2004, 09:10 PM
do you have to wind the q pods or what? i am confundled.