PDA

View Full Version : does lvlX make an emag slow?

GT
12-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I am sure this has been brought up before, bear with me.

Most high end electros, vikings for example, fire only when the ball is loaded into the breech. From my understanding, in most current software, if a ball is not present in the breech the shot is buffered. In an emag the shots are only buffered while the gun is in mid cycle and since that 99% of players dont shoot over 20bps shots are rarely buffered. Instead if a ball is not completely loaded lvlx kicks in and stops a chop.

I am wondering, how an xmag shoots with a revy using lvl7 w/ ace and lvlx w/o ace. I wonder if with the ace it shoots more paint given that it buffers the shot rather than chuffing it?

P8ntballr4life
12-21-2004, 12:16 AM
umm, whatever...no.. my emag shoots hella fast with a lvl 10. Buffering is hardly a main contributary to speed in any marker. :tard: Balls dont normally stop the bolt like tom kayes tongue does. They have more of a tendency to slip back up into the feedneck or chuff down the barrel allowing for a somewhat half @$$ or maybe even a full bolt cycle. Your revy and trigger customization are the only two factors slowing anything down. Peace.

68magOwner
12-21-2004, 12:32 AM
i would call shot buffering a big contributior to speed, my viking seems almost F/A with a revvy on it, because i am constantly outshooting it, so, it buffers shots untill there is a ball there, if it had to stop to chuff, or just dry fire because there is no ball, it would be signifigantly slower, yet another reasone why electrical anti chop is superior to mech anti chop (having both is best, even though, i have only chopped once with my viking, and that was because i was running an after eye delay of 0ms wiht a revvy on :tard: )

brightman
12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
It makes since that with the level X the emag will fire slightly slower only when it starts to chuff. An eye will delay the shot until the ball is in the breech where as the level X will release the bolt, catch itself, return to the ready position and will not fire until the trigger is pulled again.

I dont know that level x actually slows the gun down rather it might add a slightly longer delay when there is a feeding problem. I think the real question comes down to is that delay long enough to actually effect you in a game.

P8ntballr4life
12-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Allright guys, maybe "chuff" was an inappropriate word to use. You guys are definitely taking it the wrong way. Anyways, the shot buffering happens how often in your viking to make a difference? Sounds like you need a halo. :rolleyes: As far as the "chuffing" goes, it shortens the cycle of the bolt if anything. I didn't say that buffering shots was bad either, it just doesn't make that much of a diff unless you ARE using a revy and your guns feed rate is horrible which is not the case on my emag. I much rather have a halo and lvl10. Than my matrix w/ eyes that I have to clean off every day. It sounds like you guys are hard up for someone to argue with. :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: My point is, there is not much of a diff to even worry about it, both are great really. Oh yea and Viking+revy= sounds like F/A... yeah, i'm sure. :rolleyes: :rofl:

GT
12-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Allright guys, maybe "chuff" was an inappropriate word to use. You guys are definitely taking it the wrong way. Anyways, the shot buffering happens how often in your viking to make a difference? Sounds like you need a halo. :rolleyes: As far as the "chuffing" goes, it shortens the cycle of the bolt if anything. I didn't say that buffering shots was bad either, it just doesn't make that much of a diff unless you ARE using a revy and your guns feed rate is horrible which is not the case on my emag. I much rather have a halo and lvl10. Than my matrix w/ eyes that I have to clean off every day. It sounds like you guys are hard up for someone to argue with. :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: My point is, there is not much of a diff to even worry about it, both are great really. Oh yea and Viking+revy= sounds like F/A... yeah, i'm sure. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I ignored you the first time. This time, feel free to stay out of my thread. :headbang:

SCpoloRicker
12-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Jeez. Hopefully this will help you out gtsri...

When GA Devil was developing the DevilMag, he was concerned with the exact point you mentioned. Namely, does a LX "chuff" slow down the ROF more than an eye "stop." If I remember correctly, he found that using L7 and eyes was a teeny bit faster, as well as a touch more efficient.

In neither case was the difference dramatic. But, from the factory, DevilMags are set up with L7, foamie bolt, and ACE. Some users are going to LX for "double protection." Some people use just LX on their Xmags though. I'd say L7 and ACE, as that what makes the most sense to me.

Oops, not gtsri anymore... ;)

Chronobreak
12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
agreed SC

i think the only diff was bolt cycle speed with the lvl7 being like .007 seconds afaster at cycling so i gues it wouldnt be noticed unles u were shooting EXTREMELY fast.

i wouldnt go to lvl7 from lvl10 but if you trust the eyes enough you could leave the lvl7 there if you have it i suppose :cool:

P8ntballr4life
12-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Nin: I said the same thing that everyone is telling you. I was only trying to answer your question. Not sure why you would have tryed to ignore me the first time for answering a question that you asked. :rolleyes: Yeah, my apoligies for making a statement to the guy w/ the viking in your thread. Should have PMmed him I guess. Just didn't want you to get the wrond info.

GT
12-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Jeez. Hopefully this will help you out gtsri...

When GA Devil was developing the DevilMag, he was concerned with the exact point you mentioned. Namely, does a LX "chuff" slow down the ROF more than an eye "stop." If I remember correctly, he found that using L7 and eyes was a teeny bit faster, as well as a touch more efficient.

In neither case was the difference dramatic. But, from the factory, DevilMags are set up with L7, foamie bolt, and ACE. Some users are going to LX for "double protection." Some people use just LX on their Xmags though. I'd say L7 and ACE, as that what makes the most sense to me.

Oops, not gtsri anymore... ;)

Ahhh,
that is what I was looking for. I do wonder if any xmag owners have tried lvl7 and X back to back with 3.2 and noticed any difference in consistancy of rof. Intresting topic.

thanks
jason

SpecialBlend2786
12-21-2004, 01:53 PM
i think lvlx would slow it down a little, because it completes a fire cycle and chuffs, and then resets, as opposed to not starting the cycle at all and not having to reset anything before firing again.

GT
12-21-2004, 01:57 PM
i think lvlx would slow it down a little, because it completes a fire cycle and chuffs, and then resets, as opposed to not starting the cycle at all and not having to reset anything before firing again.

It slows down becuase the shot is not buffered but "chuffed" instead.

SCpoloRicker
12-21-2004, 02:19 PM
I do wonder if any xmag owners have tried lvl7 and X back to back with 3.2 and noticed any difference in consistancy of rof. Intresting topic.

I believe GA Devil did. That's what I tried to say earlier, that he went back to back on a DevilMag, and got better results out of L7. He's using a hyperboard and break-beams, though. Don't know if that is a factor.

GT
12-21-2004, 02:49 PM
I believe GA Devil did. That's what I tried to say earlier, that he went back to back on a DevilMag, and got better results out of L7. He's using a hyperboard and break-beams, though. Don't know if that is a factor.

You know,
as many changes as there are to mags since 2000 there could be a dealer who could "update" the emag. Install a pred board, ult, smaller sear, smaller battery pack and beam break eyes, all w/o giving up hybrid and mech.

MonsterMag
12-21-2004, 03:17 PM

Its eather gonna slow it down or chop it ;)

emags are fast with lx, ace slows it down a bit

68magOwner
12-21-2004, 03:45 PM
the shot buffering happens how often in your viking to make a difference? Sounds like you need a halo. :rolleyes:

i have a halo, its just that when i choose to save paint (revvy) shot buggering helps alot

68magOwner
12-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh yea and Viking+revy= sounds like F/A... yeah, i'm sure. :rolleyes: :rofl:

...your obviously not thinking this through, since the viking is buffering the shots, rather than shooting, it keeps a VERY steady rythm, espicially with a hopper i am constantly outshooting, therefore making it sound like F/A :shooting: :tard:

68magOwner
12-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Just didn't want you to get the wrond info.

and yet, that is what you are giving him :rolleyes:

*edit- sorry for making this 3 posts, saw first comment, and quoted it, i didnt know there would be many more ignorant comments to come, so, didnt plan for 3 posts

SCpoloRicker
12-22-2004, 12:34 PM
p8ntballer and 68mag, go away.
*baby jesus cries*

GT: I think thats pretty much what the DevilMag is... Here's the link. Wait, their down for a while. Well, as I understood, it was an X-valve, with Pred/Hyper, running on 9V in a 90* frame. Dual break-beam, blah, blah, blah. I think it retails around 900ish, but don't quote me.

hitech
12-22-2004, 01:15 PM
I think that's pretty much what the DevilMag is...

I think what he meant was using the eMag grip frame and installing a ULT, smaller solenoid (but configured in the same manner). The smaller solenoid would allow the use of a smaller battery (possibly a 9 volt). That would retain the ability to switch to mechanical and hybrid.

Additionally add eyes and possibly swap out the circuit board for a predator.

Or, you could add eyes to the eMag and still use the existing board.

Either way, I believe it is all VERY doable. And if I had the time and discretionary funds I would try the first part...

:cheers:

craltal
12-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Probably a bit OT, but Devil Mags come with level 7 bolts because the Level X's were wearing through powertube o-rings at an unacceptable rate.

Miscue
12-22-2004, 08:24 PM
I am sure this has been brought up before, bear with me.

Most high end electros, vikings for example, fire only when the ball is loaded into the breech. From my understanding, in most current software, if a ball is not present in the breech the shot is buffered. In an emag the shots are only buffered while the gun is in mid cycle and since that 99% of players dont shoot over 20bps shots are rarely buffered. Instead if a ball is not completely loaded lvlx kicks in and stops a chop.

I am wondering, how an xmag shoots with a revy using lvl7 w/ ace and lvlx w/o ace. I wonder if with the ace it shoots more paint given that it buffers the shot rather than chuffing it?

Yes and no.

I do not have an ACE, and do not need one. It is almost completely pointless with a good loader. I shoot at 18+ BPS all the time. With a Halo or Halo+Warp - there is no issue.

However, with a slower loader - the loader cannot keep up and results in chuffing. This KILLS your BPS.

Yes, an EMag with an ACE WILL shoot faster if you have a slow loader - because it takes a while for the bolt to reset when you chuff.