PDA

View Full Version : Fresh pics of the Demonic Impy

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 12:58 PM
Here are some pics of the Demonic Impulse...
This is the stock Demonic Vision Impulse from Roughneck Paintball.
After all the changes made by us, because of all the good and bad feedback from you the players that was greatly appreciated, this is what we came up with, and we are very happy with what we turned out with.

Demonic Milling.....................15 oz lighter than stock Impulse

Demonic Ano.........................Blood Red to Black fade with a textured Satan finish

Barrel....................................All American back with matching ano freak front, made
to be interchangeable with Freak
kit

Delrin Internals:
Bolt..................Demonic Roar Impulse bolt w/ Roar pin Valve................Demonic Portal Valve
All friction free internals mod. cause the gun to operate @ 120psi-150psi

Titanium Internals:
Hammer...........Demonic Black Hole Hammer Piston..............Demonic Rammer Piston
All Titanium internals add to lowering operating pressure and increase the cycle rate

Trigger Frame..........................set screws for pretravel mounted into frame and
adjusts to become as light as
an Angel

Front Cap................................Demonic Delusion front cap

Feedtube.................................Demonic Inferno feedtube

Double Detent.........................accuracy, no cross spin

Vision Board...........................no chopped balls, adjustable, shoots black paint

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 12:58 PM
heres another

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 12:59 PM
and another

gimp
11-08-2001, 01:06 PM
Very cool. I think the black part of the barrel looks to shiney compared to the rest of the gun.

Phil
11-08-2001, 01:16 PM
Dont know if you are looking for feedback or just praise but here goes. The impulse is a fantastic gun! The four things that bother me about it you failed to address. Since your not making the gun specifically for me I didnt expect you to but here is my two cents. The stock trigger is too sloppy. The pressure gage on the gun is too big. The crappy dwell cover sucks! The on/off switch is really wimpy. These are all minor but they really bother me. Otherwise you have a kool gun there.

shartley
11-08-2001, 01:26 PM
I agree with all comments thus far posted. :D

Not a bad looking marker..... but did I mention before that I thought they looked a bit "stubby"? ;)

Bartleby
11-08-2001, 01:36 PM
very true. i too agree with all the comments thus far. yet, i don't know what your intentions are with this gun. are you planing on selling these or maybe just a few or what? and if you are planning on selling a given number, how much are you going to charge? i have three friends that are saving up for impulses but their only drawback to getting one is the weight. 15oz is a hell of a lot and i'm sure they'd be interested.

manike
11-08-2001, 01:39 PM
It's a nice gun. I had the pleasure of getting my grubby hands on one at the cup. :)

The only thing I don't like is that cut down 'triple' stack guns like the impy or BM2K tend to look very 'hunchbacked' and kinda ugly.

Shoots nice though and is much lighter.

manike

MikeCouves
11-08-2001, 01:43 PM
Have you seen the TKO Implulses that are on special at PBALLGEAR.com? Here's a pic of them:

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1658_6575

Strange resemblance :).

manike
11-08-2001, 01:46 PM
They need to cut that bolt down...

Nice guns. If I remember correctly Aaron Stephens at Smart Parts is responsible for the custom signature gun range. He's doing some nice stuff.

manike

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 02:08 PM
This marker is made by Tez of Demonic Paintball. It is maketed to be widespread. Several companies are already on the bandwagon to sell them. As far as the trigger goes, there is a $49 upgrade for what is called the Devil's Finger trigger which adds the ability to sidetap the trigger from either side. There are also multiple available feednecks, and a matching Freak kit.

The Vision Impys will be $949
and the non Vision are about $800

you can get them from
www.RoughneckPaintball.com

manike
11-08-2001, 02:12 PM
Does Tez actually do the machining or does SP do it for him to his design?...

manike

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 02:37 PM
Tez machined the first one, and designed the internals which are all delrin and titanium, but SP does the production of it for warranty purposes and cost effectiveness. They are in the process of developing an all titanium Freak kit for SP which will include ti sleeves.

He has a cocker due out next(December). then a shocker(february). and now in the works for an Angel

thei3ug
11-08-2001, 03:05 PM
Not to say I plan on it... but if I send roughneck a list of parts to swap out, would they assemble one for me to my specs?

PsychoMag
11-08-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
Not to say I plan on it... but if I send roughneck a list of parts to swap out, would they assemble one for me to my specs? Tez will do custom conversions and add the stuff you want, but certain parts must be used in conjunction with the milled body.

Contact Him

zvanut
11-08-2001, 03:45 PM
thats nice, its not boxy (is that how u spell it? :)) like the shocker or regular impulses

FooTemps
11-08-2001, 05:55 PM
:D :D It's nice but it doesn't look very demonic. :D :D

I like the anno look... I like it a lot.

Cha0tic
11-08-2001, 06:04 PM
its nice, but if you go all out and spend 900 on it, why not just buy an e-mag? not flaming or anything, its just my opinion.

it is a nice looking gun though

PsychoMag
11-09-2001, 06:20 AM
well, pick up an Emag w/o tank and pick up a demonic w/o tank and just compare weight.easily 1/2 the weight with the same firepower...lol...

I know alot of people who are more into the look, and AGD doesnt appeal to them. I personally would never own one of these, because I dont change what works best...my RT PRO :)

here is an older pic of the Impy, This is serial number 00001

Bartleby
11-09-2001, 12:03 PM
how can you say that the impy has the same firepower as the emag?

kenshinkandon
11-09-2001, 02:16 PM
I think it looks nice but you need to do something with the bolt it throws the rest of the marker out of whack. I heard that you can dye delrin parts with regular clothing dye. But still nice work.

Jeb_Hoge
11-09-2001, 03:36 PM
Just do something about that rubber strip on the side and that crap on-off switch.

deded
11-09-2001, 05:26 PM
The satin finnish looks cool.

I looked for a barrel with a black matte finish for a while, but I could never find one.

o well

Tunaman
11-09-2001, 05:36 PM
LOL..."Same firepower as the Emag"? I think not...you seem to have forgotten the part about the valve cycle rate. Lets put it side to side and do an "empty-the-hopper" test. It will surely loose. AGD Rules!

MajorDamage
11-09-2001, 06:07 PM
LOL! MAN! That is one BIG dropforward!

ENDO!

Bartleby
11-09-2001, 06:23 PM
yes, that is a rather massive drop. what kind is it and where can i get one?

AngelBoy
11-10-2001, 10:31 AM
:eek: I'm in love :eek: Definately goin for this after I get the money from my cocker and save up bout 500 more:rolleyes:

Now my angel has some competition for what I'm gonna use...

Phil
11-10-2001, 12:08 PM
The Impulse does cycle very fast. It probably wont do the 26 bps but neither will your finger. The Impulse in my hands is just as fast as my E-Mag.

MicrOMag
11-10-2001, 01:15 PM
Yeah, lets not flame VERY VERY GOOD AND HIGHLY PERFORMING PRODUCTS just because they're not made by AGD. We can just as easily flame the emag for not being programmable like the angel is, but we DON'T. This is an awesome looking gun IMHO. I know some people don't like the look but to me, this is my dream, maybe if it was just a little shorter it'd be perfect.

Great job Demonic and Roughneck paintball, hope to see you guys making and carrying more products like this one.