PDA

View Full Version : Houston news doing a safety piece on paintball

GT
12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
For you local folks channel 11 is doing a paintball piece tonight at 10. I am going to record it on the dvr and hopefully get it over to one of my comps.

Tyger you want me to send you a copy? If so what format?

Tyger
12-21-2004, 05:12 PM
If you can scan it, I'll take an mpg and re-format it for wmv.

-Tyger

Magaman
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes, please do... Don't forget to repost it here...

If you can scan it, I'll take an mpg and re-format it for wmv.

-Tyger

Recon by Fire
12-21-2004, 06:52 PM
What's with the name change there? No wonder I haven't see you around....

webmstrk9
12-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the post, I'll check it out tonight.

Dude, you stalk on AO as well as in person? freak! lol :ninja:

Hey, we need to meet up at a field one day, I've seen the northern side of Houston with their xmags/e-tacs and a couple of emags. I'd like to meet the southern contingents :) Sorry for the quick hijack.

master_alexander
12-21-2004, 09:05 PM
wow TEXAS PEOPLE !!!!

i am over in mansfield (DFW)

will it be on here? i don't see why not but..
o well

:cuss: don't mess with texas!!! :cuss:

GT
12-21-2004, 09:25 PM
What's with the name change there?

I dunno,
it was cool at first but since I have been here so long everyone knows me by gtrsi. I hope I can catch cphil or 'scue in a good mood and have them change it back to "GT" or "gtrsi"

Hey, we need to meet up at a field one day, I've seen the northern side of Houston with their xmags/e-tacs and a couple of emags.

You may have seen us. Brightman and I are always playin togther and Recon has made it out with use 1/2 dozen or so times. I change guns like a camero changes rear tires, but recon has a warped xmag and brightman has a ULE emag. I am sticking with my ULE Emag.

Does the 1st or 2nd sound for a play day?

formerly,
gt

webmstrk9
12-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, definately, every weekend is a play weekend for me. I've noticed that you had a CCM SV which was on sale for awhile.

Send me a PM or catch me on AIM about which field ya'll will be at.

brightman
12-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Im good for the second, i could probably go the first though

purple
12-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Tenetively I'll come too, from friendswood (far south houston) but gotta check w/the family

Purple

purple
12-21-2004, 11:21 PM
just saw the report.
So basically paintball is great except for morons?

Also, attributing that death to paintball is stupid, attribute it to bad driving :mad:

otherwise it's neat to see paintball in the news

Purple

GT
12-21-2004, 11:30 PM
just saw the report.
So basically paintball is great except for morons?

Also, attributing that death to paintball is stupid, attribute it to bad driving :mad:

otherwise it's neat to see paintball in the news

Purple

No,
it was a great story. If you play at fields with the safety gear its a great sport. If you play in your backyard w/o safety you are at risk. good story, the public understands the difference bewteen remegade ball and real paitnball. i should have it to tyger tomorrow night.

Recon by Fire
12-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Uh oh, both Killer J's on here :)

Yeah, we all need to get together soon. Let's get a PBMaxx Day together! I will be out of town though until after the 3rd. Though I may join some of the IL-Ao'rs for some games while I am in Chicago.

GT
12-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Uh oh, both Killer J's on here :)

Yeah, we all need to get together soon. Let's get a PBMaxx Day together! I will be out of town though until after the 3rd. Though I may join some of the IL-Ao'rs for some games while I am in Chicago.

Maxx day would be awsome, although I do not want to be on the recieving end of one of brad's SHO's. I will send out an email on the Htown list serve.

Where do you guys want to go?

webmstrk9
12-21-2004, 11:57 PM
LOL...if you saw the wall of markers to be serviced, it doesnt look like they will be leaving the shop anytime soon...lmao

Back to the topic...

It was a tweener, yes it made clear that if youre on a field, yes it is mandatory that safety is a priority. Towards the end, they made a point that markers are only purchased by 'adults' 18yo or older.

It also shows the dangerous side of paintball, how it can be used, i.e. where a group of kids in a suburban fired on cars on Halloween and was chased and the 'burban flipped klling one of the kids.

Recon by Fire
12-22-2004, 12:00 AM
I didn't care for the part where they had the little kid going on about how he was almost blinded, and the Dr. declaring how dangerous it is. here is a thought for his concerned mommie and the fledgling player, don't visually look down the barrel without a mask on during a misfire! I on't even recommend it with a mask on. Little knucklehead. It should have been a segment on how dangerous nit wit kids are rather than the perils of paintball.

webmstrk9
12-22-2004, 12:06 AM
As most of us know, PB is a dangerous sport, all sports are in various aspects. But the kid looking down the barrel and with his logic, he had his finger on the trigger with the marker gassed. which is where Purple mentioned morons.

As for the dr, well, he is seeing more patients because as PB grows, there will be more and more markers in the world with malicious ppl using them outside of the sport, ie shooting cars, homes, other lil kids in their neighborhood(which turned out to be a lawsuit between neighbors because the kid is now blind in 1 eye)

purple
12-22-2004, 12:06 AM
here is a thought for his concerned mommie and the fledgling player, don't visually look down the barrel without a mask on during a misfire! I on't even recommend it with a mask on. Little knucklehead. It should have been a segment on how dangerous nit wit kids are rather than the perils of paintball.

Hehe, isnt it a cartoon cliche: looking down the barrel of a loaded gun after it misfires :rofl:
Who the heck looks down the barrel of a gassed up marker anyway even if it is not loaded? I hated those eye puff exams at the optometrist, i can only imagine the puff of a pb gun :argh:

Nin, i realize they :mentioned: the proper fields and all, but most people would look at this article as a "you'll shoot your eye out" piece, just my 0.02$

Purple

CodeMA
12-22-2004, 02:12 AM
You Houstonians always get the goodstuff....bleh

alexander... you should come ball it up with me at Madddogz in 'Hatchi one friday night/sat or something, might even be able to pull Chojin and logamus away from the TPF in Garland, with there Xball and sex like turf....

hit me up on AIM/YIM at: c0d3ma

brightman
12-22-2004, 11:01 AM
I think I would be too ashamed to get on TV and talk aout how I shot myself in the eyeball with my own paintball gun. Uhhh yea, paintball guns are dangerous...give that kid a bicycle helmet and a pair of plastic scissors. I think the doctor might have been exagerating on the amount of eye injuries he has seen.
The report really leaned toward playing on a field with proper equipment so all together it was not too bad...for a news report.

Kaiser Bob
12-22-2004, 05:12 PM
You Houstonians always get the goodstuff....bleh

alexander... you should come ball it up with me at Madddogz in 'Hatchi one friday night/sat or something, might even be able to pull Chojin and logamus away from the TPF in Garland, with there Xball and sex like turf....

hit me up on AIM/YIM at: c0d3ma

Are you insane? DFW is a paintball paradise compared to the scene here, the exeption being Paintball Maxx of course

CodeMA
12-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh, no doubt...no doubt.... I ment as far as coverage goes.... I think the last time I saw something pb related here was some kid with bomb making stuff haveing a c02 tank in the mix that got mentioned in a report....

webmstrk9
12-22-2004, 05:39 PM
*cough* AO TX Meet anytime soon?

judster
12-22-2004, 06:22 PM
*cough* AO TX Meet anytime soon?
i would be down with that. just make sure its not on a weekend we have a scenario game and i should be able to make it.....

Chronobreak
12-22-2004, 06:52 PM
off subject but if you see chojin tell him i still want my t-shirt ;)

only p-ball news around ehre is usaly bad news like some kids doing vandalism.