PDA

View Full Version : pressurized loader idea

mag88888
12-21-2004, 01:37 PM
i was thinking about inventing a loader. not to market, just for fun cause i like to tinker with things. but i came up with this idea, although i dont know if i could make it but here it is: anyone know how the blood pressure thing goes around your arm and you pump it to compress it more? well i thought if i could get a pump and compress air into a tube filled with paintballs then the paintballs would feed out one end. it would be like a backpack with coiled tubes of paintballs and a pump/compressor on one end that would propel the balls out one end and into te feedneck. and obviously to re-compress the tube you would just pump more air into the tube. i bet someone has tried this. but this was my idea instead of using a tank of air to propel the balls. it isnt to complicated and i know it could be made if i had the proper tools and tubing and pump. but hat does everyone think of this?

mag88888
12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
and there could be a gauge to show how much pressure is still in the tube. like a gauge off a bike pump. maybe ill massacre my bike pump and make this thing.

SteelSoul
12-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Dude b4 everyone here smacks you down with all the crap they are about to say

Do it, sounds like a good idea and everyrthing. Once you get it done and if it works make a vid or take pics while you are doing it :)

Now Let me tell ya this has been done b4 back in the late 90's or something. It does work so get er done

Never stop thinking or inventing stuff you never know when You might have the next kickbutt paintball thing

SS

Fellow Tinker :headbang:

xXHavokXx
12-21-2004, 01:48 PM
One thing you're going to have to thinkg about is how much pressure is too much. you do not want to dimple or crush paintballs, on top of that you're going to have to have an adequate pressure to maintain pressure in the device after each ball is shot as the volume is going to change, that's going to be a PITA considering size of the loader is a major factor.

SpecialBlend2786
12-21-2004, 01:50 PM
I remember a backpack thing before as well like someone said earlier. I dunno what happened to it, but if you could perfect it i'm sure some scenario/rec ballers would go for it.

mag88888
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
XXhavokXX- thats what i was thinking about too. the max pressure and if the pressure can maintain long enough. i dont think maintaining the pressure would be a big problem unless there aere leakes cause wheres the pressure gonna go. but this would be cool if it worked. if anyone has ideas of how to mak this work would be a help!

SlartyBartFast
12-21-2004, 02:01 PM
I remember a backpack thing before as well like someone said earlier. I dunno what happened to it, but if you could perfect it i'm sure some scenario/rec ballers would go for it.

Discussed in another thread. :D

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161382

Towards the bottom we discuss the backpack loader and possible improvements. Pretty much sounds like the idea here.

Bent tubes in a pack with a free floating piston pressurised by a regulated air source on one side and balls on the other should be able to force feed a marker reliably. :cool:

Can't patent it, because we discussed it here. :p

xXHavokXx
12-21-2004, 02:04 PM
XXhavokXX- thats what i was thinking about too. the max pressure and if the pressure can maintain long enough. i dont think maintaining the pressure would be a big problem unless there aere leakes cause wheres the pressure gonna go. but this would be cool if it worked. if anyone has ideas of how to mak this work would be a help!

Are you thinking of a backpack system or a loader based system?

Lohman446
12-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Can't patent it, because we discussed it here. :p

:rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers: :)

Translate: please have you seen the US Patent office granted patents lately? Yes I can, but its all good :)

mag88888
12-21-2004, 02:07 PM
i am not gonna patent this thing (if i can even make it). but i am trying to make a loader like thing. bu the balls would be stored in a backpack in tubes. and someone was explaining this with a piston and regulator. is that too complicated? could you explain further, please?

Creative Mayhem
12-21-2004, 02:08 PM
been done .... IAO 95 or 96 cant remember what Muzik said.

mag88888
12-21-2004, 02:16 PM
does anyone know how this backpack loader in 95 or 96 worked? and just for referance i dont want to carry an extra tank around in my backpack. i think that that would be a little to much for tinkering. at least fro me.

xXHavokXx
12-21-2004, 02:42 PM
does anyone know how this backpack loader in 95 or 96 worked? and just for referance i dont want to carry an extra tank around in my backpack. i think that that would be a little to much for tinkering. at least fro me.

Ze problem with not usingze tank for your air supply is zat you vill have to create a system of pressurized chambers seaparate from the ball supply. Also ze chambers must have an activation mechanism to push ze ball down. A free floating piston works with a pressurized tank as it maintains a constant regulated pressure, if you are pumping it the volume loss would kill your pressure and feed slowlly.

SlartyBartFast
12-21-2004, 02:50 PM

Wow. All you have to do is follow the link... :rolleyes:

Bill Mills explains how it worked.

The backpack loader seemed to 'puff' air into the feed tube to drive the ball.

Seems that if you calculated the pressure and volume of a single feed tube you might get away with using one small CO2 catridge and a stabiliser to power the feed device.

Could probably build a prototype using 3/4" copper tubing and fittings. ;)

Just need the right size of piston to effectively seal the pressure in the back of the tube and travel around the bends....

MonsterMag
12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Kinda like the aspect of the tippmann A-5 loader , Any loader that runs on air is gona cut down on your air supply :(

The idea sounds good , can you make us a pic of your design?

mag88888
12-21-2004, 03:15 PM
design?hahaa i dont have a real design yet. im just collecting some info. where can i get a free floating piston and all this stuff? do you really think that i could just use one small co2 cartridge? that would be awesome. thanks guys.

mag88888
12-21-2004, 03:16 PM
how would i activate the co2 cartridge to push out air?

WARPED1
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Innovation is the mother of invention! No idea is stupid! Go for it.

SlartyBartFast
12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
how would i activate the co2 cartridge to push out air?

Go Here and get the female version if you're using a standard refillable CO2 bottle with ASA threaded valve:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online-catalog/stabilizer.htm

Go here and add a CCI 12g changer if you want to use a disposable:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/fittings.htm

You'd have to see how much volume at the desired pressure a 12g would provide.

bballe336
12-21-2004, 06:27 PM
well i have somthing similar to this. basically mine uses 2 hoses one in the feedneck and one in the loader neck. one hose sucks balls down the other push air at the balls already in the neck so they feed faster. and there is an optical sesnor so it only sucks balls down and pushes them out when the stack isnt full. anyways it allows me to use a non-agitating laoder running at 18+bps.

mag88888
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
please go more into depth.

mag88888
12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
what kind of power do you use? tank or cartridges? how many balls does it hold? how does it sensor that there arent any more balls left in the feed neck? where do you store the balls? what kind of tubing and did you use adpater on the feedneck? if so what kind of adapters? tell me everything you can? please.

68bird
12-21-2004, 08:17 PM
ive seen it befor some guy had it connected to his at10 selectfire www.getrealpaintball.com i dont know if its there or not

master_alexander
12-21-2004, 08:47 PM
air in the tank, air in the trigger, air in the hopper !!!

sounds good lets see vids

mag88888
12-23-2004, 07:12 PM
bballe336:how did this work?

bballe336
12-23-2004, 09:44 PM
well inside the feedneck is an eye sensor from a revvy and it has a 5 way solenoid. the 2 extra "ways" are for the fedneck. one sucks the balls out from the loader neck and the other pushes them into the breach( its using cocker hoses). its using a standard vl200 hopper and i am running nitro.

mag88888
12-24-2004, 08:34 AM
can i have a pic cause this sounds cool. :D

B.A.M.
12-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a nice idea but in the tube make an air tight compartment in the back of the tupe for the air to go in. As you fire the disk holding the air would push the balls foword.

bballe336
12-24-2004, 09:32 AM
i could work on getting a pic. i just sold that gun though. i am gonna hook something liek t up in my new angel and then i can get pics if you like.

mag88888
12-24-2004, 09:51 AM
ok cool.