PDA

View Full Version : What do you think I should do?

MikeCouves
11-08-2001, 01:49 PM
Okay, Christmas is coming up :), and I need to figure out what's gonna happen.

I am trading in my mag to my sponser. I have a choice of, well, any marker in the 750-900 range (Canadian Dollars:D). I wanted to trade the mag and pay for a ICD Bushmaster 2K. I wasn't going to spend the extra cash for an LCD. Or I could spend some more and get a Timmy that's on sale. What do you guys think I should do?

ICD Bushmaster 2K
ICD Bushmaster B2K2 (LCD)
Bob Long Intimadator

I am planning on just getting the 2K and saving some cash.

Mike

MikeCouves
11-08-2001, 09:07 PM
No one thinks I should do anything? Hmmm...

Mike

Ant
11-08-2001, 09:12 PM
hey mike, i know this is kinda off topic but u gonna be at the tourny tomorrow at fairways??

PigSweat
11-08-2001, 09:16 PM
Hey Mike,

IMHO I think you should get the BM2K, as they are very sweet for the price. As for a 'timmy, I don't care for them. I've shot them before and, while they do shoot nice, I find they feel, well, cheap. As for the LCD, it's really just personal preference.

Murdaki11
11-08-2001, 11:50 PM
Yeah i would get the bushy 2k2

ah137
11-08-2001, 11:56 PM
Mike I have a bushy for sale, I just PM you later Hills

MikeCouves
11-09-2001, 07:40 AM
Hey guys. Well Ant, who are ya? Are you with Fairways because it says your from Paradise. It's cool to see that on the forums, someone new.

Well I want to get the B2K...but I am still waiting on Brad for a price on them. PigSweat...can you get the prices too? On a B2K sponser price?

Thanks, Mike

Ant
11-09-2001, 08:28 AM
Mike, don't think i've met you before, probably have just never known who you were. I'm not "with fairways" really, I play on the team with adam bishop and them but it's kinda the field team for fairways I guess. I've been on the forums since june, but I'm more of a reader then a poster. Anyways, i'll be there tonight at the tourny, dunno if i'm playin though cause everyone else from our team but me is refin,migth play a few walk on games though, hope to see ya there...oh and I've been readin up on the lower priced electors a bit lately,the bushy sounds good to me from what I've been readin, as for the timmy, leon and them should be there tonight...ask if you can try there's.(sorry for talkin so much)

PigSweat
11-09-2001, 08:45 AM
Mike,

Brad and I are going into our distributor today (Woohoo, skipping school!) and we'll see what they have to say.

MikeCouves
11-10-2001, 08:41 AM
Haha you get to miss school!! Noooo!! Too bad we have a 4 day weekend :). Well Ant, we were there last night...I was the little midget kid with the red mask :cool:. We came in first which is kinda cool...

Ryan. Thanks for the heads up, I will be waiting on the email...

Mike

Ant
11-10-2001, 08:51 AM
I thought that was you....i PM'd you about last night....man....u can rip on that minimag!!!
How old are you anyways??? If you don't mind me askin

MikeCouves
11-10-2001, 11:31 AM
Well I am 14. I look alot younger though, which really sucks :). But I am small...so I geuss that gives me somewhat of an advantage when trying to hit ;). But then again I would like to be a little taller...

Mike

mitch
11-10-2001, 01:54 PM
ahha go team canadian eclipse.
man we came in first thats deadly.
can't wait till i get my warpfeed.

PigSweat
11-10-2001, 05:31 PM
Ahh...but Mike, not only did I skip school on Friday; I too have a 4 day weekend! Haha! Now its a 5 day weekend. (Plus, going to the distributor's is so much fun, I get to play with guns I'll never be able to afford!:D )

PigSweat
11-10-2001, 05:33 PM
PS-Congratulations on winning your tournament, awesome job guys! What did you win (prizes) out of curiosity?

MikeCouves
11-10-2001, 05:43 PM
Well we didn't get that much due to the smallness of the tournaments out here. We got this bag thing, gift certificates, cheque for a restaraunt, and tshirts. We wanted a case of paint each =).

Mike

PigSweat
11-10-2001, 05:44 PM
That's cool, plus you get to say "We placed first!"

Ant
11-10-2001, 05:45 PM
hey mike.....how often do you guys play...and where do you usually play....that's the first time i've seen you guys play...you've got skills.

MikeCouves
11-10-2001, 10:06 PM
Well we're alright. We still want to learn so much more though. You old guys are pretty good, I must say. I can't wait till it gets warmer during the spring so we can start up the regular games again...but I also want some snow so I can start snowboarding :).

Mike

Ant
11-10-2001, 10:50 PM
OH no!!! what's paintball comming too?!?!?!?!? I'm 18 and being called old already!!!! guess it's time to throw in the towel and call it quits!! j/k :)

Flamebo
11-10-2001, 10:52 PM
I'm kinda partial to Impulses, for a low-cost electro.

MikeCouves
11-10-2001, 11:06 PM
Yeah I am considering about the new impulses. They don't look too shabby. But do they have an adjustable trigger as nice as the Bushy's? I probably just don't know enough about them to want one yet.

Mike

Cliffio
11-11-2001, 12:00 AM
if your looking into a bushy or a timmy,

BUSHY---small gun, HIGHLY upgradable, i mean they make lots and lots of stuff for these, its got a really sloppy stock trigger, decent price

BUSHY LCD--same but it has the MOST USELESS piece of crap, i mean yes it has an lcd screen but what does it do??
ok it counts shots--erases after you turn it off!
its got a counter, so what?? might be nice if i ever used a timer

TIMMY--dont know much about them, as far as i know there isnt much you can do upgrade wise...its a fast gun, and it has a more usefull lcd screen

SaMpSoN
11-11-2001, 12:52 AM
why not get an impulse? they are cheaper than the bushys and EXTREAMLY acurate only thing is you almost have to get a delrien bolt just thought i would make a sugestion think about it
the stokc trigger on the newer impulses are not sloppy at all but they are also not adjustable but the worm trigers are buy a worm trigger when you get the gun and you get evey thing a bushy has for less.

Cliffio
11-11-2001, 01:46 AM
+BM2K-$445
----------------
Total $445

+Impulse-$400
^^WermStick-$37
^^Werm Bolt-$49
----------------
Total $486

+ taken from Paintballgear.com
^^ tanken from Wermmods.com

FooTemps
11-11-2001, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by SaMpSoN
why not get an impulse? they are cheaper than the bushys and EXTREAMLY acurate only thing is you almost have to get a delrien bolt just thought i would make a sugestion think about it
the stokc trigger on the newer impulses are not sloppy at all but they are also not adjustable but the worm trigers are buy a worm trigger when you get the gun and you get evey thing a bushy has for less.

I can vouch for the speed and accuracy of an impulse...getting hit 4 times in a row in a 6 shot burst is pretty good accuracy. I was moving too.

Cliffio
11-11-2001, 02:02 AM
accuracy is from paint to barrel match, and doesnt vary much from an impule and bushy, since they use the same type of bolt system, its the sam thing, paint to barrel match makes accuracy

MikeCouves
11-11-2001, 03:06 PM
I just don't like Impy's from personal opinion. They aren't very appealing to me, I told myself that at the start. I wish I had the cash for an E-Mag...then this discussion would be over :D.