PDA

View Full Version : ULT problem?

nt2004
12-21-2004, 07:44 PM
I had my ULT tuned just right a little while ago so it was nice and smooth and worked perfectly. Well a few days ago, my long front frame screw(the one made for ULE bodies, bit longer than the old ones)got stripped and I ended up totally ruining the screw to get it out of the body. I replaced it with a shorter screw (length used in powerfeed bodies) and went to play. The ULT would not fire if the gun was set aside for a moment. It would have a temporary sort of bolt stick that would quickly fix itself. It was getting a bit annoying because half of the time the gun just wouldnt fire.

Skip to today. I gassed up the gun (no adjustments had been made to it) and it started "bouncing" like crazy. I wasnt able to sweet spot it prior to today and all of a sudden it was shooting way to fast. Now I tried everything. I tried oiling it up alot, i went up two carrier sizes in the level 10, i added and removed shims from the ULT, i added and removed shims from the level 10, and i even tried numerous tanks. The gun works right now but the trigger pull is totally different from what it was before and if i go back to how i had it before, it fires almost full auto. Could it be the front frame screw? Am i required to use the longer screw with the ULE body?