PDA

View Full Version : r/t problem

Zekk895
12-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Ok my friend bought a used R/T and it worked well for the first ew trips paintballing, but it started leaking out the back of the vaulve. we replaced the reulator piston, and that seemed to stop it, except the gun seemed to seize up and not fire. We oiled up the regulator piston and it worked fine the rest of the day. Then last saturday when he went to use his R/T it locked up again, but this time it started leaking. We fixed the leaks, which ended up being the bolt that goes through the back of the trigger frame and through the vaulve, ut even when oiling the regulator piston it would still lock up. I am out of ideas and any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Little_Ho
12-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi there,
well i can try.... Try oiling straight into the ASA and maybe a couple drops oil into the ON/OFF. Maybe that helps. If your friend bought a used one, did he changed all oring??

What exactly is stuck?? Do you mean the Sear Pin behind the trigger stuck in the back?? Is the Bolt sticking forward?? Try to descrip it a little bit exacter....

Little_Ho

AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD :cheers:

Zekk895
12-21-2004, 10:29 PM
all the o-rings have been changed I did that personally when he ordered his parts kit.

I'm not sure if the bolt is stikcing but i rplaced the spring on it just to be safe. Basically what happens is when you pull the trigger it does not return to the firing position (the vaulve does not push it back forward). hopefully this is detailed enough. and your help is very appreciated.

trimegatron
12-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Is it getting hung up on the ball detent?

REDRT
12-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Sounds to me like you might have the field strip screw too tight or not tight enough. If this is a classic rt with the banjo bolt (3 o-rings, gas through design). Be careful of to o-ring when tightening it. Mine likes it finger tight. Much more than that it will pinch the upper o-ring. The rtpro doesn't have the banjo bolt so not to worry about any o-rings there, tightness only. Try that I think this will work for ya... ;)

Rift
12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
What kind of Rt is this? What is your tank pressure at? Whats the velocity set at? Is there a lvl 10 in there if so what carrier is it on?

Zekk895
12-25-2004, 10:48 PM
this is a classic RT. There is no lvl 10. The tank pressure goes anywere from 3000psi-an empty tank. We are wrech tightening the banjo bolt so mabye that is the problem.

Andrew Cunje
12-28-2004, 04:51 PM
you want to hand tighten it then snug it with the wrench, i just finger tap the wrench to get it tight enough