PDA

View Full Version : Few questions on polishing a mag body

PaintGuy89
11-08-2001, 03:07 PM
I have a few questions and I'd appreciate any help.
1)Is it hard to polish a powerfeed Automag body?
2)How long does it usually take and what materials would I need?
3) And if I were to do it and not like it, could I get it powdercoated over and if I could would it be noticeable that I had tried polishing it?

I am trying to decide on whether I should polish my mag body or just get it powdercoated black, so its either going to be chrome or black. Thanks for the help!

PaintGuy89
11-09-2001, 07:28 PM
UP

xmetal2001
11-09-2001, 07:55 PM
I'll Help out with whati can:

Its not hard to do, pretty much just rubbing sandpaper(carefully) on your Body.
You use different types of sandpaper(all very fine) but i'm not sure which.

I would think unless you scratch up the body that when powdercoated u wouldn't be able to notice.

*edit* Where do you play?

PaintGuy89
11-09-2001, 08:00 PM
I used to play and ref at the Indoor Paintball Atlanta until they closed that and its hard for me to get up to the Outdoor Paintball Atlanta. I am going to try out Noonday tomorrow.

xmetal2001
11-09-2001, 11:03 PM
i used to play and rf at indoor too. Now i play at outdoor almsot everyweekend, woder if i've seen you there before, I'll PM you. Wn't be there tomrow tthough, i was gonna ref but they were full.

Ityl
11-10-2001, 12:48 PM
I used a buffing wheel the whole time. First with a courser compound to get the grey off and smooth out the body, then the compound recommended for stainless. It takes couple hours to get really good, and that's mirror like. About an hour to get decent. I think it's under $20 for the buffing wheel for a bench grinder and the 2 types of compounds. It'll buff aluminum really fast and it looks really nice too.

polorboy
11-10-2001, 11:10 PM
I semi polished my mag. I used a water based sand paper, what that is it will not work unless it is wet. That way it does not scratch your gun and it polishes it at the same time. I got a dull polished look.