PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster vs Omen vs Impulse

NewMagMan21
12-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Its not exactly Automag oriented but....
My friend is having difficulty deciding whether he should by a:

Bushmaster LCD 2K
Evil Omen
or an Impulse
I really know very little about any of them. Im telling him to go for the Omen. But he keeps bombarding me with loads of Q's. :( So just a couple

1 Can/ should you run an Impulse on CO2?
2 Is the Omens "self feed" system durable or craptastic.
3 (he well.... isnt the handiest guy in the world, in otherwords hes paintball gun retarded) so what is the simpliest, durable, most fool proof gun of the 3.

Which do you guys think is the best of the three and why is that?
thanx :cheers:

ej_y4
12-22-2004, 02:04 AM
nm

edit: its ok ;)

NewMagMan21
12-22-2004, 02:13 AM
sorry bout that dude I pressed enter and it posted it. took me a while to finish now look

ej_y4
12-22-2004, 02:31 AM
1 yes it can run on co2
2 i dont know much about Omens
3 they are all fine guns, im going to say bushmasters only because i dont care for impys and dont know omens

hope this helps a little

SpecialBlend2786
12-22-2004, 03:52 AM
1) yes
2) i like it, worked perfectly for me
3) If you read the manual and learn about the recock pressure, the omen is awesome. It really is quite simple, and isn't hard to understand at all (each time you turn the velocity up, turn your recock pressure down). But if you can get ahold of a newer bushmaster that would be the best bet imo.

Each gun has a decent upgrade path as well. The omen has the PDP chip (Awesomness!!!!), the imp has WAS, and bushies can be vaporized and can have chaos boards installed.

drewrw
12-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Its not exactly Automag oriented but....
My friend is having difficulty deciding whether he should by a:

Bushmaster LCD 2K
Evil Omen
or an Impulse
I really know very little about any of them. Im telling him to go for the Omen. But he keeps bombarding me with loads of Q's. :( So just a couple

3 (he well.... isnt the handiest guy in the world, in otherwords hes paintball gun retarded) so what is the simpliest, durable, most fool proof gun of the 3.

Which do you guys think is the best of the three and why is that?
thanx :cheers:

bushy all the way!!!! ;)

rkjunior303
12-22-2004, 08:22 AM
I have owned an Omen and it was one of the best markers I have ever owned. With the PDP chip (or the new board coming out after X-mas), it is adjustable to 25bps and has debounce down to 1. It's light, efficient, and the Cam system is pure genious. If you read the manual and LEARN the marker, you will never have a problem. No chops, just a great marker.. Not to mention, Evil has a full lifetime warranty on all of their Omen's. IF something goes wrong, they will either send you the part or you can send the marker in via RMA -- for free.

My vote is for the Omen.

(Mine is actually at PMI/Evil right now getting a free overhaul so I am comfortable selling it)

teufelhunden
12-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Impulse. More upgrades than either gun, it's not a blowback.. and WAS.

rkjunior303
12-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Impulse. More upgrades than either gun, it's not a blowback.. and WAS.

does having more 'upgrades' make it a better gun?

i disagree -- it just turns it into a money pit.

I'd put the PDP Chipped Omen up against any of the electros and with a properly set trigger it's just as fast as anything else on the field.

teufelhunden
12-22-2004, 08:50 AM
No, it means in the end it will smoke either of those two guns. Not that anybody should actually be looking at these guns to begin with, because you can find a used Timmy for $200 more..

rkjunior303
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
No, it means in the end it will smoke either of those two guns. Not that anybody should actually be looking at these guns to begin with, because you can find a used Timmy for $200 more..

I agree. You can get a classic timmy for short money these days.

But I guess, I don't understand how it will 'smoke' the other guns only because it has all sorts of upgrades.... Now bear with me, I am a bit Omen bias :)

Omen -- Has one of the best regs stock, in the detonator. The Cam system is bulletproof and will not chop. $50 for the PDP chip and you can hit 25BPS.

Impulse -- Max-flo (I've never been crazy about them). Vision isn't stock. Alot more money (i'm going by if you were to buy new here). Not to mention, I thought my buddies stock frame was HORRIBLE.

Bushmaster -- I don't have much experience with them but from what I gathered, they are pretty crappy out of the box -- they need some upgrades to really bring out their potential.

Like I said, I am a bit bias but I don't see how throwing all sorts of 'upgrades' onto a gun ultimately will make it faster when I know for a fact for $50 you can make any Omen as fast as anything else on the field.

Just my 2 cents.

tolley
12-22-2004, 09:30 AM
oops

tolley
12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Never had an Omen, had 2K2 Bushmaster and have to say that it was the fastest shooter I could imagine having, of course mine was way upped. I would agree that out of the box there not all that. Stay away from BKO unless price is real issue.

Serial number is up to over 40,000 on Impulse now. I doubt that they could possible be anything but good with those numbers selling. I love mine, but yes it is pricey off the shelf. If you enjoy upgrading its the obvious choice, upgrades galore, everywhere you go. That may be a money pit for some.

You said this friend was looking for simplicity due lack of marker maintanence skills, he should probably get a mag. Anyone on here will tell you they can't be beat on durablility and ease of use. Not to mention an RT custom is on $319 from at least one internet dealer I know of.

The Action Figure
12-22-2004, 09:33 AM
get a used imp, there nice

Chronobreak
12-22-2004, 11:15 AM
all are the same thing pretty much

ive only seen/tried 3-4 omens at the field..they were similar to bushys and imps but they seemed to chop or double feed alot.

the suers all calimed that it was the cam/feed system or w/e and it wasnt setup correctly

i then asked if they knew what it was why they didnt fix it or set it up right :rolleyes:

get soemthing with eyes

personaly ide stay away from the imp

so omen or bushy

hobbesTZ
12-22-2004, 11:35 AM
I'll never own another Omen as long as I live. Just one was way too much.

Bushy/Impulse = Similar, take your pick

An Intimidator isn't any better, so don't bother paying extra for one unless you've got money to spare, though you can find classics just as cheap as Impulses and Bushmasters.

rkjunior303
12-22-2004, 11:47 AM
all are the same thing pretty much

ive only seen/tried 3-4 omens at the field..they were similar to bushys and imps but they seemed to chop or double feed alot.

the suers all calimed that it was the cam/feed system or w/e and it wasnt setup correctly

i then asked if they knew what it was why they didnt fix it or set it up right :rolleyes:

get soemthing with eyes

personaly ide stay away from the imp

so omen or bushy

if its set up properly and the detonator is broken in, the omen wont chop. its phsycially impossible, due to the design of the cam feed. only downside is right now you cant use a halo with it because the cam arms get pushed aside -- but evil is updating those.

peewee
12-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I have tried them all. For effectivness on the field its a wash they all rip. Impy & bushy are about the same, personally I'd go with a bushy between those two.The omen can be tempermental if your buddy lacks mechanical skills. I own a BKO that has not given me any issues I use it as a loaner. I have called for info from ICD & they are a great bunch. PMI / evil is really backing the omen. My friend Chris just got a whole crapload of upgade parts for his omen for free. The are acting very Tippmannish with thier customer service. If he can wait a little bit I'D wait untill the 05 omen & bushy hit the market.

68magOwner
12-22-2004, 02:51 PM
3 (he well.... isnt the handiest guy in the world, in otherwords hes paintball gun retarded) so what is the simpliest, durable, most fool proof gun of the 3

1-Yes, and they seem to do very well even at high rof on co2
2- i have heard that it can be moody, but, i have also heard that once you get it tuned, it is good
3- never dealt with an omen directyl, but, have delt with a imp and bushy, both are easy to manintain, and while most people here on AO will support the bushy, i think the imp is a little easier to deal with.

of those 3, it really depends what he can afford, i would not recommend getting the imp or bushy if he cant afford to put eyes in it, My recommendation would be to get a used imp, can find one with alot of ups for $400, and will shoot very nice

Coray
12-22-2004, 03:25 PM
1 yes.. but dont
2 idk
3 i say impy...

Impulse has my vote.....i think bushys are ugly

Athius
12-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Bushmaster all the way dude. It doesnt need any upgrades. The only thing that needs is a new barrel and maybe a clamping feedneck thats all. Oh and wait for the B2k5 i saw it at the world cup and it is very very sweet.