PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Texas!!!!

blackclown
12-22-2004, 01:10 PM
good god i didn't think it woukd ever happen again,

today i woke up 2 go 2 the last day of school and it was Snowing. I new Troy the weather man wouldn't lie. well im freezing my butt on in my house because i finished my midterms and left school. right now its not sticking but im hoping it stays for Christmas.

skife
12-22-2004, 09:44 PM
just watch out, when you sutherners get any amout of white stuff at all you go all crazy on the roads and drive 10 mph.

you always know the people from michigan that are in the south when it snows 75MPH on the expressway flying by everyone who is doing 35

CasingBill
12-22-2004, 09:49 PM
just watch out, when you sutherners get any amout of white stuff at all you go all crazy on the roads and drive 10 mph.

you always know the people from michigan that are in the south when it snows 75MPH on the expressway flying by everyone who is doing 35

LOL.....my wifes fam is from Delaware. They have like one sand truck! Any time it snows they declare a state of emergency and close everything

WenULiVeUdiE
12-22-2004, 10:08 PM
I love watching the news and seeing people sliding all over the place in their cars. ( I dont get out much) Why must it be 50* here in Jersey on Christmas. Gah!

gamarada717
12-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Well, I was born and grew up in Alaska, so I know how to drive in the snow. Now I live in Arkansas....and yeah, we had about an inch of snow. I went to the grocery store, and I was driving on the main street in our town, it's 5 lanes. They had ambulences parked in the lots along side the road, and there were tons of camaros and mustangs sliding everywhere. I saw one brand new mustang turn into Kroger's, and it turned fine, and then it just kept sliding all the way down the road sideways. I could sit out there and laugh all day at those people :)

Linkwarner
12-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Curious, when and where did you live in Alaska.

Creative Mayhem
12-23-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm from Canada, need I say more about my driving? ;) :D

I too love to see a little bad weather in the southern states and watch them get all shook up and literally stop at the sie of the road, to wait till is subsides... soo much fun :p

gam-e
12-23-2004, 01:28 PM
looks like we should be getting some in victoria on christmas day. theres about a 50% chance for it. i love seeing the snow, but here its all wet and freezes the hell out of me. i think where im from its only snowed twice before in my life.

WicKeD_WaYz
12-23-2004, 02:20 PM
I think its el Nino here in california. Im not sure if that means its el nino in Texas too, but that could be why you guys got snow. We did too on some of the local mountains it came down to 2,000 feet.

MichaelP
12-24-2004, 01:28 AM
here in TN is hailed and sleeted for basically 1/2 foot of solid ice covers the ground

nastymag
12-24-2004, 01:35 AM
PHSSSS......

it use to snow almost every winter up in El Paso TX, not to mcuh. but enough to cause a hazard when it melted then froze again.

the Sandstorms where a killer though