PDA

View Full Version : First paintball video game? (pic)

paint magnet
12-22-2004, 06:20 PM
I came across this today and picked it up just for the heck of it. You move with the control pad and use the light gun to shoot. It has fairly good graphics (given the fact that it's played on the NES) and is somewhat realistic for the time.

Each hit on an opposing player's body registers as a splat to the stomach, no matter where you shoot them, and they throw their hands up and walk off. Gameplay consists of alternating forest, urban/city, and snow levels, in capture the flag format (there are three different paint colors, one for each level). Players appear to be wearing some type of shop goggles (remember, it's 1987), although the players on the Game Pak itself arenen't. It's a pretty decent game, though it does get somewhat repetitive.

Anyway, just thought I would post this and see what anyone else knows about it. I'm mainly curious as to what it's worth, and whether or not it is the first paintball video game ever made.

Any info is appreciated :)

*edit for pic* Ah, screw it, my computer is taking forever and personman already posted the pic anyway

personman
12-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Gotcha?
Not sure when that came out but that was an old pb game for the NES
I have it I think :D

paint magnet
12-22-2004, 06:26 PM
It says copyright 1987 on the title screen :)

personman
12-22-2004, 06:30 PM
http://www.nesfiles.com/NES/Gotcha/Gotcha_cart.jpg

Are we talking about the same game? That one says 1985

BobTheCow
12-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh man, I'd love to find me one of these!!!!! I've been on an NES tear the past couple weeks, getting back in touch with my roots. Super Mario Bros. 3 was (IS) so badass... :D

personman
12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Oh man, I'd love to find me one of these!!!!! I've been on an NES tear the past couple weeks, getting back in touch with my roots. Super Mario Bros. 3 was (IS) so badass... :D
I play that game on my xbox :ninja:

Skoad
12-22-2004, 06:50 PM
we used to have Gotcha the game AND a Gotcha gun, you can occasionally find them on ebay.

White_Noise
12-22-2004, 07:40 PM

mario 3 is so sweet...we started playing it in my dorm room one night, and people were coming from out of nowhere to see it cause they heard the music. seemed like everybody knew some special hidden thing as well.

Creative Mayhem
12-22-2004, 08:51 PM
awe... c'mon guys... EVERYONE who's ANYONE KNOWS that Colecovision is where its really at :D :dance:

Bob_da_Splatman
12-22-2004, 09:36 PM
http://www.nesfiles.com/NES/Gotcha/Gotcha_cart.jpg

Are we talking about the same game? That one says 1985
its bob long... clean shaven http://www.pcri.net/images/boblong.jpg

maybe.....or not ........eeire the similarities :p

barberjohn
12-22-2004, 10:47 PM
^^lol :p .

dang daniel, when you told me about that at first i thought you meant for n64, not NES. that thing is awesome, and a great find. probably doenst make up for the last month and a half its been since we both played las :cry: .

paint magnet
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Right, it says '85 on the label, but mine says '87 on the title screen.