PDA

View Full Version : Hopper recommendation

Failure
11-08-2001, 03:57 PM
I was looking at the EVlution, 12v revy, and the riccocet. I wasn't thrilled with the riccocet because its a bit high tech looking. The 12v revy I hear is loud and works better with the evlution paddle. I like the evlution, shapesdifferent but how is it overall compared to the other 2? I'm not shooting 12 balls/sec so speed isn't an issue. Which is the quietest? Which works best?

Army
11-08-2001, 04:12 PM
The "Eggolution" was an answer without a question. The hard plastic door breaks too easily, the shape is just gawd-awful, it seems to be heavier than a revvyand it does not feed any faster than a revvy.

The Ricochet is proving itself to be a good reliable choice, plus it has the shot counter and timer. Whether the shape actually does deflect incoming balls is up to ones own observations. It feeds slightly faster than the Revvy.

The Revvy is time, tourney, and game tested to be reliable, fast enough (for you), sturdy, and the least expensive of the three.

Last is the HALO. This is not quite on the general market yet, but has already been proven to be the best of the bunch. Fast feeding, sturdy, holds as many balls as the Revvy, and so far is the only loader that will feed an Emag with Warp-Feed at well over 16 bps full-auto!

Hope that helped:cool:

FooTemps
11-08-2001, 05:29 PM
There's gonna be a cheaper riccocet ak coming out soon...Saw it in apg...

emanjamin
11-08-2001, 08:12 PM
Yeah but it won't have all of the goodies you pay for.

Flamebo
11-08-2001, 09:01 PM
If you decide to get a revvy, be sure to get an X-board.

Failure
11-08-2001, 09:35 PM
do the new 12v revy's come with an x-board and a polycarbonate body?? If not, where can ya get them?

FooTemps
11-08-2001, 09:41 PM
The riccocet ak won't come with all the whistles and bells but it'll be half the price!

Major Ho
11-08-2001, 09:48 PM
Ditto on the new richochets...Come in neat new colors with a lil window on the side to see leftover balls. I believe its the old richochets that were complained to be loud. Revvies arent loud IMO. But revvies with the the eggolution paddle? How is that possible? Teh eggolution has its paddle built into the bottom of the hopper like some kinda cup design or something.
Or you can be different and be teh first to get them weirdo vibrator:D hoppers. "shaken not stirred" LOL great rip off slogan :p

Failure
11-08-2001, 09:54 PM
dunno read it somewhere.

FooTemps
11-08-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Major Ho
Ditto on the new richochets...Come in neat new colors with a lil window on the side to see leftover balls. I believe its the old richochets that were complained to be loud. Revvies arent loud IMO. But revvies with the the eggolution paddle? How is that possible? Teh eggolution has its paddle built into the bottom of the hopper like some kinda cup design or something.
Or you can be different and be teh first to get them weirdo vibrator:D hoppers. "shaken not stirred" LOL great rip off slogan :p

Never seen the vibrators before...

PigSweat
11-08-2001, 10:12 PM
The new 'vibrator' loaders are the Mach 404s from Zap. If you read the loader comparison on www.warpig.com, you'll see that it performed quite well, but a little poorly when there was little paint remaining in the hopper.

EDIT: Gotta get my facts straight

FooTemps
11-08-2001, 10:23 PM
Lol...
I can't get onto warpig for some reason...
NM

PigSweat
11-08-2001, 10:26 PM
Here's a pic:

X-Plosive
11-08-2001, 10:27 PM
Umm the ricochet AK is actually out now. It's a ricochet without the LCD and so on. It's a greta hopper in my oppinion. As far as the impeller mods. It's very easy to exchange impellers.

PigSweat
11-08-2001, 10:29 PM
Where have you seen the Riccochet AK available from, X-Plosive? I've been having trouble finding one.

X-Plosive
11-08-2001, 10:35 PM
3 people at my field have them and they mentioned IAO.....and a hookup with Ricochet but they also said that my local store has them now. Want to hear the funny part? They own Ricochet2k's as well as AK's but they think the AK feeds faster.........I mean really?

PigSweat
11-08-2001, 10:36 PM
:D LOL, People these days!

FooTemps
11-08-2001, 10:42 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D ...What are some people thinking? Well, maybe I should rephrase that. What are some people smoking?

PowerFedMag
11-09-2001, 10:47 AM
I have a pre-Brass Eagle 12vlt revy for sale. It works great, and doesn't have a delay before the paddle starts (in case you didn't know)

Shaft
11-09-2001, 11:14 AM
I use an Evlution paddle in my Revvy. Early tests proved fine, but with PMI Premiums the paint would jam under the paddle. I busted out my lighter and bent each prong straight up. Does it work any better than a standard 4 prong paddle? Dunno. Does it jam now? Nope.
Do I reccommend doing this? Not really.

Bartleby
11-09-2001, 11:52 AM
thanks for the tip shaft. lol. I got a 9v post-be revy. so it's got the short, stubby paddles. i got it because i found a site online that tells how to convert a 9v into an 18v. so i printed up the directions, got myself a 9v revy and whalla. not too shabby.

beam
11-09-2001, 12:06 PM
Bartleby: What's the site to do that? 9v-18v?

Chris
11-09-2001, 12:08 PM
Ive got a Ricochet 2k in blue, just got rid of my original black one. The ricochet2k's were loud, but there is a new gearbox out that will make them much quieter. All you have to do is email ricochet and they will send you one. I think that it feeds more reliably than my revvies. The battery seems to last about the same time as my old 12v. About it deflecting balls, well I have had one or two shots hit my hopper at just that angle, they just ricochet right off. Not too often does this happen, but more than with my rev. I would not buy this hopper only to reduce hopper hits, but if you want a hopper that feeds reliably and fast, this is the one.

-Chris

Bartleby
11-09-2001, 01:34 PM
beam - it was some sort of Kingman Spyder's Owner's Group. something like that. just look for hopper modifications. you should find it. it's easy to find stuff, as long as you konw what you're looking for

meric78
11-09-2001, 01:49 PM
From our very own board:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14922

MajorDamage
11-09-2001, 02:41 PM
Well if you want something that actually works, don't go with the eVLution! I had one, the thing is just one big problem. It jams paint like crazy, the batteries always try and fall out(and you have to jam paper in the battery compartment just to make it work!), and the lid always trys to open. I started putting tape on my battery door, and velcro on my lid, but it still jammed like crazy. So I bought a Revvie! The eggolution got to the point where I think it was spinning backwars or somin, because it wouldnt load, it would just spin the paint around in a circle until it jammed. So I tried to fix it, and the wires kept coming ondone. I left it all messed up in my room for a while, then gave it away to someone who needed egg parts. So thats the story of my eggolution! Oh but it looked really cool, and you could play football inbetween games with it!!

ENDO!