PDA

View Full Version : Three Quik Questions Pertaining to Autocockers...

Bob_da_Splatman
12-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Ok first thing second, I've been perusing different Auto cocker bodies...and I've seen a grand number of them ...yet none have caught my eye quite like the Lightning, much to my wallets releif...
now my questions...
Are cockers all interchangable like parts and such?
Next...I am thinking of purchasing a lightining then replacing all important parts like valve, hammer, frontblack, pneus., and ram. with ccm parts then possibly have it half blocked...now for the question
Is this possible?
Do you think this is a good Idea?

Python14
12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
For the most part, yes pretty much all cocker parts are interchangable....save for bolts before 2k.

In planning, your idea is possible.....however, in practice it may not be. A recent ruling against NPS from WGP/K2 prevents them from selling the two lightening models. If you can find one, whether new, or used, yes you can do that and it will be fine. Another choice would be to buy a Superbolt(which was not mentioned in the contract). It is a Dye minicocker body and parts....just without the Dye logo....and thus it is $230ish. It does need timing, and such. But with all the parts you would be replacing, you would inevitably have to retime it anyway.

And yes, it is a smart idea. Despite the nega-hype, the Psycoballiistics Fockers are infact pretty good. I would dare say they are one of the better deals available concerning autocockers. So much so I am considering doing the same.

meshaq
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
my field has a blue lightning cocker for sale, PM me if you're interested.

Bob_da_Splatman
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
A recent ruling against NPS from WGP/K2 prevents them from selling the two lightening models. If you can find one, whether new, or used, yes you can do that and it will be fine. Another choice would be to buy a Superbolt(which was not mentioned in the contract). It is a Dye minicocker body and parts....just without the Dye logo....and thus it is $230ish.

First why the ruling???
Second... where can i see this superbolt?

Python14
12-22-2004, 09:52 PM
K2/WGP decided they didn't want NPS marketing the Lightening as a cocker, since it isn't made by WGP. I dont quite know why the Superbolt was not mentioned, but I am happy it wasn't.

http://www.paintballtimes.com/images/Stock%20SuperBolt.jpg suprebolt

Bob_da_Splatman
12-22-2004, 09:59 PM
thats a superbolt???? looks alot like the lightning deluxe view here (http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101EQuick/shopexd.asp?id=6852)

Python14
12-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Eh, I wouldn't trust that site anyway. They are charging $299 for that gun. Most places charge $239 or less.

Recon by Fire
12-23-2004, 12:20 AM
I would recommend staying away from those PB Lightnings. I considered getting one before but after doing research I ran as fast as I could to get a WGP. If you are lucky the Lightning will just leak straight out of the box, at worst, it will blow up in your hand! BradAGD can tell you a story of this happening to someone here in Texas recently.

Destructo6
12-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Looks to me that the PB Lightening/Superbolt is just a remarked Dye Ultralight.

I'm not too much of a fan of Dye Cocker bits, but the PB guns shouldn't be bad.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
12-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Most parts are interchangable between all cockers with a few exceptions, 99% of cockers can be grouped in pre 2k and post 2k. Differences include Front Block Screw, Bolt, Backblock. If you get real old you may see more differences but I do not expect you to buy one of those.

Don't get the lightning buy a used cocker, you can find good cockers with aftermarket parts all day for 300 dollars.

Az

SCpoloRicker
12-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Agree with looking around for a used bargain. Tons out there, and you could most likely pick up a ripping cocker for way less than building one up.

However, building one is fun! I have seen the Lightning bodies sold seperately, and to my understanding they are the same body as went on the Dye cockers a while ago.

WARPED1
12-23-2004, 07:24 PM
I think any company that wants to market an Autococker clone, should call it the "Autosmacker" or something.

Kaiser Bob
12-23-2004, 08:25 PM
The fit and finish on those guns is terrible. Its like they went out of the way to make it look like its made of tin. Anyway, for that reason along I would say pass on that idea and look for a good deal used, hell you could get a fastback or some other cool body for 230 instead of a cheap looking body and a bunch of parts you were never intending on using.

toothlesrooster
12-24-2004, 01:33 AM
It must be a hit or miss...I have a friend that's had one since June. Looks great and shot darts out of the box. Milling, anno and fit is darn nice. I've owned Excal's, a Cyborg, a FF Millenium and various other "high end" markers so I know what "nice" looks like. I say go for it. Replace the LPR, add QEV's, a Sidewinder and an E2 on it. It'll rock. It may be more than buying a used one in the end, but if it's the look you want then that's all that counts:)

Bob_da_Splatman
12-24-2004, 01:39 AM
thanks toothless

but if I did want one of those freaking sexy as hell fastbacks where could i find one???

toothlesrooster
12-24-2004, 01:55 AM
You are a man after my own heart. Those are the sexiest Cockers ever made. You can find them at:

electrococker.com

Take your shoe's off before entering...it's Holy ground!