PDA

View Full Version : Loader Consistency Movie

Z-man
12-23-2004, 04:07 AM
I tried to located who and where it was said on AO but I failed. In the discussion about the Qloader and the Halo B and all the back and forth that was taking place, someone said something very insightful to the effect of:

The Qloader has one thing over any other loading system out there that allows for it to feed as fast and consistent as it does. Every ball is lined up and ready to go into the marker. The Halo B and every other system mst first line the balls up from the jumble they start out in.

What this means is that while the Halo is plenty fast and capable of feeding into the mid 30 bps range, it also means that sometimes it won't get the balls into the drive cone fast enough and lag behind.

So I put together a short simple video on the matter.

Consistency Demo (small mp4 file) (http://homepage.mac.com/craig.vetter/.Movies/HalovsQ.mp4)

Consistency Demo (larger mov file) (http://homepage.mac.com/craig.vetter/.Movies/HalovsQ.mov)

Like most of the videos showing up this week, this one featured Rogue Factor's personal Exile RT Pro graciously lent to me. In addition the Mag is running off CenterFlag's new "4CE" Preset tank which I just posted my review and movie on in the thread below:

CenterFlag's New 4CE Reg (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161817)

I would like to thank CableDawg for his help in filming me as well as the other group of people who assisted in this next video to show up on AO. Please PM/IM or email me as I have not heard from you, do not know your names, and WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GIVE YOU SOME CREDIT for your help at TAG last weekend :P

quik
12-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Do you live in the background for the XP wallpaper?

Nice vid, defenitely shows how fast a Q-Loader is compared to a halo.

manike
12-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Very cool video's!

XbeasleyX
12-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't think that those "breaks" in the halo feeding are because of the halo, it seemed to me that it was the person shooting. Just my $.02. If this video was with an electro gun with a full auto mode at 35+ with an eye then I would take it at face value because then when the halo lags it would be aparent that it was the loader not the gun or shooter.

trains are bad
12-23-2004, 10:53 AM
why do none of zman's movies ever work for me?

SCpoloRicker
12-23-2004, 12:26 PM
trains: most likely, you need to download a codex for Quicktime. Or, buy a Mac :p

Z, your bandwith asplodes after this week... Good stuff. The younger player who was helping you out with filming was named Rick. The sick guy who couldn't assemble Cable's Emag and may have helped out as well is Jeremy.

beasley: no hard feelings, but pull on your asbestos pants ;)

LittlePaintballBoy
12-23-2004, 12:34 PM
beasley, now you are just trying to nit pick and say HALO is still the fastest, tests have been done, we have had videos, QLoader is faster than any HALO out right now and it is also more consistent since the balls are lined up.

quik, yes, actually he does.
:rofl:

Z-man
12-23-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think that those "breaks" in the halo feeding are because of the halo, it seemed to me that it was the person shooting. Just my $.02. If this video was with an electro gun with a full auto mode at 35+ with an eye then I would take it at face value because then when the halo lags it would be aparent that it was the loader not the gun or shooter.

I do think you are missing the point of the video.

TEST: Will the Halo B V35 and the QLoader feed 23-24 bps consistently

RESULT: The Halo B V35 will not feed those rates consistently. Saying that it is my fault for wanted to feed 23-4 bps consistently is tangential. Doc put up this very nice video demoing the Halo B's nature on this forum a few weeks back which is located here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154393

Now Doc rigged up that Angel pretty slick and got it cycling at the exact same rate that the Halo B would. What you notice is that the Halo fluctuates in the maximum speed it can feed. Sometimes it will get a nice windup where the balls fall in properly and it can feed up into the mid 40's. But it also falls behind and dips down into the upper teen speeds. Now here is an electro with eyes on and it cannot hold 23-4bps either?

What does this say? It says that the Halo is plenty fast to keep up with anything for short bursts ut for a longer hopper run, it won't sustain it. I found this out with the 30 bps testing with the halo and I found it again here with the 23-4 bps testing in this movie.

End result: No eyes on the marker= Blank shots or a chop (in this case a chuff from the lvl 10)
eyes on the marker= Slower sections of fire because the Halo B will not keep up

Eyes do not make guns faster, they just keep you from shooting faster than the hopper can feed.

Automaggot68
12-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Do you live in the background for the XP wallpaper?

Oh man. Owned like SP in a courtroom.

Love the vid, Zak.

XbeasleyX
12-23-2004, 01:55 PM
I guess my message came off wrong. I know that the Halo is slower than the Q. I was just bored and thinking outloud. I hope we can still be friends. :cheers: lol

Magaman
12-23-2004, 02:12 PM
why do none of zman's movies ever work for me?

As long as you have Quicktime on your computer, just save the video, right click "Open With" and select Quicktime... That should solve your problem... That or download the newest version of Quicktime... :bounce:

jamescell
12-23-2004, 06:22 PM
That's just sweet!