PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Headband

TDonovan
12-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Just made my first one, wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Made out of some nice high quality synthetic fur, very soft terry-cloth, and black suede cloth for the ties. Very comfy, and it's the perfect thickness IMO.

I put the rest up on jayloo under the apparel section so that everyone can check them out. This is just one of the pics.

SpecialBlend2786
12-23-2004, 10:47 PM
awesome! :)

I rock a tiger striped ban-du myself.....

SlipknotX556
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Just made my first one, wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Made out of some nice high quality synthetic fur, very soft terry-cloth, and black suede cloth for the ties. Very comfy, and it's the perfect thickness IMO.

I put the rest up on jayloo under the apparel section so that everyone can check them out. This is just one of the pics.

Very Nice! Do you just use regular terry cloth to collect the sweat? I have found that egyptian cotton terry cloth is the softest and most comfortable for headbands. I only use it on mine, people that buy my headbands always tell me its the most comfortable headband they have ever warn.

FireITup14
12-23-2004, 11:21 PM
nice but id like to find a chetah sock hat some day, that would be cool

TDonovan
12-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Very Nice! Do you just use regular terry cloth to collect the sweat? I have found that egyptian cotton terry cloth is the softest and most comfortable for headbands. I only use it on mine, people that buy my headbands always tell me its the most comfortable headband they have ever warn.
I think it was velour... It was softer than the regular stuff. The other side of it was a little rougher, but this side of the velour was really nice and comfy.

I haven't used it yet, but it should collect sweat just fine. I'm going to see how these sell on pbnation and I suppose here too. If they don't go too well I'll just stick to regular fabrics. I've got a couple interesting patterns I haven't seen done before.

nice but id like to find a chetah sock hat some day, that would be cool

That would be pretty cool. But this material is definitely not for sock hats. The only way I could use this type of synthetic fur on a hat would be as a border or the part of the hat you fold up. I'll check out the store though. If they have something really different like that I wouldn't be opposed to experimenting with it. Since I'm pretty new to the sewing scene, I'd like to just stick with these for now (don't worry, they're good quality even though I am kinda a nub)

Thanks for the responses guys, I was a anxious to see how people would receive it.

SpecialBlend2786
12-24-2004, 12:14 AM
ooooo oooooo ooooooo if you do sock hats i will deffinitly take one, as long as i can get a tiger striped one.... :)

SlipknotX556
12-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I think it was velour... It was softer than the regular stuff. The other side of it was a little rougher, but this side of the velour was really nice and comfy.

I haven't used it yet, but it should collect sweat just fine. I'm going to see how these sell on pbnation and I suppose here too. If they don't go too well I'll just stick to regular fabrics. I've got a couple interesting patterns I haven't seen done before.

Unless its some totally weird fabric, I am pretty sure its probably been done. I have a few fabrics I can say I was the first to use in paintball. ;)

ooooo oooooo ooooooo if you do sock hats i will deffinitly take one, as long as i can get a tiger striped one.... :)

I have tiger striped, but not sockhats, just headbands, soon to be barrel covers.

tony3
12-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Nice tyler, we are going to have to swap headbands once I make some rastas :D

TDonovan
12-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Unless its some totally weird fabric, I am pretty sure its probably been done. I have a few fabrics I can say I was the first to use in paintball. ;)
I have tiger striped, but not sockhats, just headbands, soon to be barrel covers.

Yeah most stuff has been done... But I'm almost positive nobody in paintball has been wearing it. I'll see if I can't make one in a few days and put it up. Once I get the headband pattern down I'll attempt making some other stuff.

SpecialBlend2786
12-24-2004, 02:24 AM

barrel covers would be sweeeet! :)

msprince
12-24-2004, 10:32 AM
I play in a cheetah sock hat in the winter, it's made of fleece and very WARM! I love it. Made it myself, I'm in the process of making some camo ones for my husband all different colors, and a black one or two. I wouldn't advise wearing them in the summer though unless you want to die of heat exhaustion :mad: :rofl:

Steph Prince(ss)
MXS AD (Staff Writer)
BlackCat Staf Writer
"The Cookie Lady"
Co-Captain Battle Born

SlipknotX556
12-24-2004, 01:02 PM
barrel covers would be sweeeet! :)

Yeah, those I have made a few already, more will come after xmas.

I want to make a gator skin headband, that would be awesome.