PDA

View Full Version : What other barrel kits are there (other than Freak)\Freak owner advice!

PowerFedMag
11-08-2001, 04:55 PM
I want a barrel kit, but the Freak isn't the most appealing in that it is so expensive, and isn;t my fav. look.

I was thinking that the AA tip would match my RT body more than TearDrop front.

How short could I get a Freak AA?
Would the Freak seriously replace every barrel?
Should I keep a backup?
Is there a cheaper way (do i really need all the inserts!?)

One other note, I don't understand how the Freak can work on a Mag, the ball has to enter a chamber then go through the insert (which is where accuracy is gained???), then throug the barrel front, which is what bore? Wouldn't the ball bounce down the front since I assume it'd have to be largest bore???
From what I have heard, get a Freak and everyday you'll shoot dead accurate...hmm

OH YEA< links to where I can see these other barrels is appreciateed, since I can't find em!

Drewboy_34
11-08-2001, 04:58 PM
yeah i know that there is the warped sportz kit which is the same price as a freak but only with 3 inserts...but the only good thing about it is the looks which are sweet...and then yah have the cp kit which I also think is pretty nice!

MicrOMag
11-08-2001, 05:11 PM
ACI makes that PHAT barrel kit, its on www.pbgear.com , read the description...it talks about blowing your load too early :p

Bartleby
11-08-2001, 05:18 PM
the inserts don't have the holes in them. actually it works the same as any gun, the ball drops into a chamber and then goes through the insert after it is fired. The accuracy is the same as any gun as well. or atleast should be.

the shortest you can get a tip for the freak is 10" and it's mighty fine might i add.

you should keep a backup just incase something happens. ie, you get your insert stuck (never heard of this happening but it is possible). Just like any other barrel, you break it, you need a new one. But with the freak, if you don't like the front or if you need a new one, buy just the front.

On a similar note, it does replace every barrel. You can get front for the mag, cocker, angel, bushy, pretty much you name there's one for it. My friend has an angel, cocker and a mag. he has three fronts for, eight inserts, and 2 tips. when you think about it, that's a total of 48 combinations making 48 barrels. I'd say it's a pretty nice deal.

No you don't need all the inserts. I would buy the barrel with one insert and slowly accumulate the rest as you need them. I, personally, go to many different fields and shoot all sorts of different paint, so i do use all eight of the inserts.

Hope this helps. and if you need a good cheap place to get it from, pm me and i'll give you a list of stores.

sbikeclix
11-08-2001, 05:34 PM
micromag, i saw that smae thing in an apg ad for the aci barrel system, the ad was hilarious. anyways, there is one more set made by OTP that has 3 different pieces to the barrel- control bore, porting that determines length, and a tip

mac2k4
11-08-2001, 07:26 PM
there is the

freak
CP kit
warpedsportz dark kit(same thing as CP)
JnJ kit
OTP dream series
JT

but naw ya don't need all 8 inserts, cause all those are kinda wasted, because having every other insert would work fine. They all shoot the same as long as ya have a good paint/barrel match and the inside of the barrell isn't scratched up or somin.....

rythm68
11-08-2001, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by sbikeclix
micromag, i saw that smae thing in an apg ad for the aci barrel system, the ad was hilarious. anyways, there is one more set made by OTP that has 3 different pieces to the barrel- control bore, porting that determines length, and a tip

The OTP G3 series now come with 5 different colored inserts. Not 3 like the old G1

PowerFedMag
11-09-2001, 06:07 AM
Where can I see all these lovely kits?
Pballgear only has the Freak + ACI

cphilip
11-09-2001, 08:19 AM
There is a Pro Team Products unit. Its very nice too. But along with the CP type unit they are more expensive than the Freak.

The main arguement for going ahead and getting the complete Freak system is not that you will use all the insert, but that you will use enough of them to offset the price of buying them individually. They are almost $30 a piece if bought individually. The whole kit is $185. A front, back and one insert is $100. Do the math. To get three more insets puts you at the complete kit level in price. So why not get all 8 and save money and have all of them in the event you might just need one of them someday and not have the right one? Buy the whole kit. It's by far the better deal.

One point...the individual inserts are the same outside diameter. All of them. Its the inside that tapers from the front lip to the indicated bore and then returns to the rear lip same size. So the front and backs of all of the inserts are the same bore and then they taper to the indicated internal bore size within the interior distance of what is left.

They will make you shoot no more acurately than a properly matched paint to barrel size of any other well made barrel. They just allow you to achieve that match reguardless of what paint size is thrown at you with one barrel. Not needing to have four, five or even eight different barrels that you would need to have the same range of preparedness. And its that ability to fine tune the match taht makes people say theya re more accurate. They are not. Its the match taht does it. If you give me eight well made barrels properly bored to .002 intervals from .681 to .695 I will give you the same accuracy. But this Freak (and all the other systems)is just a cheaper way to do that as 8 Barrels properly bored like that would far exceed $185 (and not have the interchangable tips and backs for other guns for that matter). Its just more convienient and cheaper is all.

rythm68
11-09-2001, 10:20 AM
http://g3pb.com/product_images/barrels/otp_g3.gif