PDA

View Full Version : What's the internal differenence between classic and RT?

Thunder Bunny
12-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Like if I took the internals out of my classic valve and put them in an empty RT valve body, would it work, or are they not interchangable? Reason, I have a rental valve and I'm looking at a body kit that has a matching RT valve body with no internals. I don't want to take my RT valve apart if I don't have to.

Little_Ho
12-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi there,
not sure but i think they are diffrent from the inside. You can go to Airgun.com, Tech support and watch out for the Exploded Diagrams for Classic and ReTro Valve. Then you can compare them both.

Hope thats help.....

Little_Ho

Flossabe
12-24-2004, 10:52 AM
there are 2 rats on a wheel in the RT and there is only one rat in the classic.

frop
12-24-2004, 10:56 AM
there are 2 rats on a wheel in the RT and there is only one rat in the classic.

^^ THey're hamsters, not rats! :p :D ;)

Thunder Bunny
12-24-2004, 11:40 AM
^^ THey're hamsters, not rats! :p :D ;)
Pets of the "magic elves" in my LX? :D

I'll check out the diagrams on airgun.com. Thanks.

[edit] Ok, just ooked it up. Looks like everything in the reg, springs, piston, etc. Shouldn't be too difficut to get all the parts.

Wassupstranger67
12-24-2004, 12:23 PM
I got chipmunks with nuts here.

11_Mile_TMaster
12-24-2004, 05:41 PM
ON/Off Assemblies are different. The Entire Reg Valve pin setup is different. The Springs in the Regulator are a Counterwound set instead of the actual 'pack.'

There are only a few o-rings that are interchangable between the two. You can change the on/off but are losing something there, I'm pretty sure, but that's about it.

TAW
12-24-2004, 06:32 PM
You can not take the guts out of a AIR valve (Automag,Minimag,Rental valves) and put in a RT valve (RT classic, RetroValve, Xvalve). To order the parts at Airguns It will run you $110 to get the internal parts of thr RT valve then you still have to get a bolt on top of that.

Andrew Cunje
12-25-2004, 11:33 PM
moral is just go X and ull never want to have S3x....again...with anyother valve

lol

?

exactly what im thinking!

more like this guy actually.. :tard: