PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever done this?

emanjamin
11-08-2001, 05:48 PM
I was looking at my AA regulator for a different gun and I took the reg apart to find out that it was built exactly like automag valves...being the curious type that I am I then took the AA reg and put it on the back of my mag valve, The threads are the same and everything. Well I put the AA/mag valve on the front of the gun as a regulator and used the other one in the back of the gun and aired it up.
First couple of shots it was shooting 540s, no kidding, it never released the presure out of the back, I then cranked it down and it started to go RT on me. I took a very light push on the trigger to shoot it and it would bounce right back with more force behind it. I held my finger in one spot and it shot out a 88ci tank real quick, with no notice able shootdown, I wasn't shooting paint so I was going buy sound.
I was just wondering if anybody else has ever done this just fooling around and got the same results.
Wierd...

Drizit
11-08-2001, 05:56 PM
hmmm... no but i do know someone with an aa reg, i think i'll give it a shot and see what happens... i'll post the results.

n1mr0d
11-08-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by emanjamin
I was looking at my AA regulator for a different gun and I took the reg apart to find out that it was built exactly like automag valves...being the curious type that I am I then took the AA reg and put it on the back of my mag valve, The threads are the same and everything. Well I put the AA/mag valve on the front of the gun as a regulator and used the other one in the back of the gun and aired it up.
First couple of shots it was shooting 540s, no kidding, it never released the presure out of the back, I then cranked it down and it started to go RT on me. I took a very light push on the trigger to shoot it and it would bounce right back with more force behind it. I held my finger in one spot and it shot out a 88ci tank real quick, with no notice able shootdown, I wasn't shooting paint so I was going buy sound.
I was just wondering if anybody else has ever done this just fooling around and got the same results.
Wierd...

we need more people like you fooling around with parts in the world. that might be something i'll have to try.

what does tom have to say about this?

emanjamin
11-08-2001, 06:12 PM
Tom probably doesn't have anything good to say about it. Probably lucky that I didn't blow myself up or something...

n1mr0d
11-08-2001, 07:30 PM
Tom probably doesn't have anything good to say about it. Probably lucky that I didn't blow myself up or something...

i'm done studying dude....does the valve still work normally after that torture?

emanjamin
11-08-2001, 07:33 PM
yeah, i am not sure about the reg though, i haven't the need to use it yet.

mac2k4
11-08-2001, 07:34 PM
yeah i was messing around and i put it on like that, but never ran air through it. i'll try it later..

DYE-BaLLeR
11-08-2001, 09:26 PM
i hate you ppl. i read this whole thing but i dont kno what AA is cuz ur too lazy to write it out.

a_malfunction
11-08-2001, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that AGD and Air America have an agreement... I think AGD let AA use their reg design. But as for it going reactive.... that is VERY interesting.....

Drizit
11-08-2001, 11:42 PM
I don't understand it but there is something about the standard AIR valve that actually makes the trigger less reactive, I don't know why, nor do I understand why the AA(Air America) reg would make a diff, as from a visual inspection it's exactly the same. I do know that when I pulled the reg pin, reg spring, and reg seat out of my gun and just used the Max-Flow for regulation my trigger got even more reactive then it already is (I do however think that the reactivity of my trigger has something to do with the custom on/off top I have (the previous owner of the gun worked in a machine shop, and made one) but I put it side by side with a retro and mine was easier to sweet spot but it really turned into a blender when you tried.

Cha0tic
11-08-2001, 11:52 PM
AA does use AGD's design for their reg. i do not see how it would make it more reactive though...maybe its just you...

emanjamin
11-08-2001, 11:59 PM
Well it will be both of our valves because mine does it too.

Mellielou
11-09-2001, 05:23 PM
Is there more than one kind of AA reg or are we talking about the Violator?

n1mr0d
11-09-2001, 05:35 PM
there are a few AA regs....blackice, vigilante, and violator.

X-Plosive
11-09-2001, 05:43 PM
what about the messiah?

emanjamin
11-09-2001, 06:10 PM
I used a violator.
I know that the violator has the same threads as the automag, but I don't know about the rest of the AA regs

n1mr0d
11-09-2001, 06:11 PM
Not quite sure about all of those, but I used a violator.

do you realize what this means?
it could possibly be the $60 [$35 from a friend for a never used vig] ReTro GhEttO mod.!

Mellielou
11-09-2001, 07:44 PM
I bought a Violator off of ebay for $45 to put on my spyder but never got around to it. This gives me something to play around with in the winter months.