PDA

View Full Version : A tiny bit disappointed in AGD... (RT Pro prob, Large Pic)

12-25-2004, 01:37 PM
So, I open up my shiny new RT ULE Pro today, and run to get my tank. I put it on and....SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSFFFFT! My tank leaks like a something. I get another tank and try it, and come to the conclusion that the ASA is burred and is just slicing orings. I get out my pocket knife and carefully run a blade along the grooves, and nothing. I finally get my other drop forward off my Classic and have to use that for the day. I would have thought that AGD would have atleast made sure the ASA worked... :( It kinda takes the fun out of it when you have to attach another ASA to your "brand new" gun on Christmas day. Oh well, other than that it works great.

And a pic...

*POOF* There is absolutely no reason to link a nearly 3 meg picture.

Skoad
12-25-2004, 01:44 PM
could have resized the pic :P

trains are bad
12-25-2004, 01:48 PM
It's pretty well known that RTs have the worst ASAs ever.

Never bothered me because I hate screw in tanks anyways.

12-25-2004, 01:48 PM
could have resized the pic :P

I warned you... :p

xXHavokXx
12-25-2004, 02:09 PM
IS your tank outputting over 1500 psi?

Potatoboy
12-25-2004, 02:34 PM
I've seen that happen plenty of times.

The problem is that most tanks aren't quite up to the ASA dimensions, because most manufactures make the depressor pin too short.

AGD's depressor pin is the proper length, which means that some tanks will have their pin depressed before the oring has a chance to seal.

The simple solution is to use a different ASA, like you did, or put an oring at the bottom of the ASA and screw the tank in. It may leak a bit while attaching it, but with the oring in the bottom it will seal as soon as it hits it.

mag88888
12-25-2004, 04:07 PM
i have to get new o rings every time i unscrew my tank. thats why i bought an apoc2k which will be coming soon. :D but anyway i thought that it was only my rt ule custom that had problems but i guess not. get a tank that isnt a screw in.

MarkM
12-25-2004, 04:32 PM
If you still get this issue you might want to look at this ( Link (http://www.nwpb.net/storefront.asp?pageno=151) ) if the link doesn't work for some reason it is the Black Magic ASA seal from NW Paintball (http://www.nwpb.net) that means you don't even need an O ring on your air system.

Link44
12-25-2004, 06:18 PM
same thing happened w/ my ASA. i sanded it down a little, but not too much to make it so it leaks. and i use tephlon tape around the tank and it works fine. i am hoping to go out and buy a new ASA soon w/ my xmas money :D hope u get it to work

Link44

Lohman446
12-25-2004, 07:17 PM
If you still get this issue you might want to look at this ( Link (http://www.nwpb.net/storefront.asp?pageno=151) ) if the link doesn't work for some reason it is the Black Magic ASA seal from NW Paintball (http://www.nwpb.net) that means you don't even need an O ring on your air system.

I run those things with o-rings, them suckers be sealed right up

frop
12-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I've heard it said before that AGD asa's also have sharp threads too. When I first got my RTP, my tank had a black(rubber?) o-ring that was soon sliced. It was swapped for a clear(urethane?) oring & didn't have a problem. Now I use a Hyperflow 201, so it makes no diff. to me anymore :p

11_Mile_TMaster
12-26-2004, 03:29 PM
I've seen that happen plenty of times.

The problem is that most tanks aren't quite up to the ASA dimensions, because most manufactures make the depressor pin too short.

AGD's depressor pin is the proper length, which means that some tanks will have their pin depressed before the oring has a chance to seal.

The simple solution is to use a different ASA, like you did, or put an oring at the bottom of the ASA and screw the tank in. It may leak a bit while attaching it, but with the oring in the bottom it will seal as soon as it hits it.

And as much as I like most of PMI's Stuff... Pure energy tanks are often the ones that do this. On my RTP, my old Pure energy tank's o-rings would not survive unless I had a black Magic in the bottom of my ASA... My buddy's Steel 3000PSI Pure energy tank did the same thing. Heck, as it turned out, if you used his tank on my old AMG... there was a similar problem. If you screwed in the tank all the way, the Depressor pin would BOTTOM OUT, preventing any further airflow than what was already upstream. (now THAT was fun to troubleshoot. Gas it up, you get 2 shots, then it would burp. Degas, try again, same thing over and over and over.)

A Black Magic or two should fix your problem. (In the case of the AMG, I believe we actually DID need two.) In fact, they're something I reccomend you have in your toolkit, as they're great and eliminate the need for Tank o-rings altogether, as MarkM said.

B.A.M.
12-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Same thing with my gun. Just go to you local shop and have them put on a new one. Cost me 10 bucks and now it works fine

WARPED1
12-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Put an oring in the bottom of the ASA, then try your tank in there. Tank push pin may be being activated before the tank gets set. The oring will act as a buffer, allowing the tank to seal before the push pin on the tank valve gets pushed.

TDonovan
12-26-2004, 04:52 PM
I just got a new ASA. Problem solved... Maybe it was my tank, maybe the threads are too sharp and needed to be ground down a little. Either way, I hate angled ASA's, so I switched anyways.

MarkM
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Put an oring in the bottom of the ASA, then try your tank in there. Tank push pin may be being activated before the tank gets set. The oring will act as a buffer, allowing the tank to seal before the push pin on the tank valve gets pushed.

That's what I linked to except the "O ring" is flat not curved in profile and is designed for the problem.

peewee
12-27-2004, 12:53 PM
I use a soft .032 teflon washer in the bottom of my asa's. They were sold under the name tefla-seal back in the day. They never wear out.

tyrion2323
12-27-2004, 02:56 PM
AGD's ASAs stink. That's the reason. Glad you got a new ASA.

Mer
12-27-2004, 03:53 PM
I guess I'm not the only one with this problem:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162397