PDA

View Full Version : J&J Ceramic Barrel

Gabriel
12-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Does anybody have any experience with this barrel? How well does it self-clean? Also, don't carbon fiber barrels do that self-cleaning stuff too?

MonsterMag
12-25-2004, 07:58 PM
very quiet and accurate , my local field owner has one on his Mm , sounds silienced :D

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-25-2004, 08:08 PM
It was ok.

XbeasleyX
12-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Good for the price.

Gabriel
12-25-2004, 08:26 PM
When you guys say "ok" and "good for the price", it doesnt sound like yall really liked it. Please give me some info and not just oppinions. Thanks.

SpecialBlend2786
12-25-2004, 08:39 PM
awesome barrels. One of the best barrels you can get for the money imo.

Carbon fiber barrels, namely the Stiffi, cannot be squeege'd, unless you use a straight shot type.

MarkM
12-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Carbon fiber barrels, namely the Stiffi, cannot be squeege'd, unless you use a straight shot type.
I am curious to understand why you would say that as surely the barrel is the same as any other apart from the material it is made from which I can't quite see how that would mean only a certain type of barrel cleaner is needed. Straight shots are a no no on Angels fitted with Sensi or COPS.

hAppy
12-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I have one, it's nice, looks good and is really really light!

68magOwner
12-25-2004, 09:38 PM
i have teh ceramic edge kit on my viking, and had an older ceraminc on an RT mag, very nice barrels, very nice price

Wc Keep
12-25-2004, 09:45 PM
only barrel i would consider over my freak.

SpecialBlend2786
12-25-2004, 09:47 PM
I am curious to understand why you would say that as surely the barrel is the same as any other apart from the material it is made from which I can't quite see how that would mean only a certain type of barrel cleaner is needed. Straight shots are a no no on Angels fitted with Sensi or COPS.

because, at least on the stiffi's, the porting holes are a bit sharp (basically a hole drilled into the carbon fiber weave) , and pieces of soft squeege's such as battle swabs tend to tear and get stuck in the porting. This causes obstructions in the barrel and can block the porting all together. It also tears up your squeege quite nicely.....

Most straight shots use some sort of washer, which is not soft enough to get into the porting and get stuck.

as for a straigt shots use in angels with cops or sensi.....just be careful and dont jam the squeege all the way in :)

mobius
12-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I thought they redesigned the porting on the Stiffi because of that problem? I'm pretty sure they took care of it.

Ghetto
12-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I shot one on my Tippman 98 back in the day I really like it. Very nice barrels.

Snowball
12-25-2004, 10:11 PM
for the price they are the best barrel u can buy...very quiet and extremely accurate..it only take 3-4 shots to clean itself should u have a ball break..

robb2269
12-25-2004, 10:32 PM
I had a edge kit for my old minnimag body and it worked well light and quite. I hae a friend that is looking to sell his Edge kit automag threaded if interested?

MarkM
12-25-2004, 11:01 PM
because, at least on the stiffi's, the porting holes are a bit sharp (basically a hole drilled into the carbon fiber weave) , and pieces of soft squeege's such as battle swabs tend to tear and get stuck in the porting. This causes obstructions in the barrel and can block the porting all together. It also tears up your squeege quite nicely.....

Most straight shots use some sort of washer, which is not soft enough to get into the porting and get stuck.

as for a straigt shots use in angels with cops or sensi.....just be careful and dont jam the squeege all the way in :)

Ok that makes sense......and as for the Angels it is a bit pointless not squegeeing all the way down as you will leave paint around the Sensi/COPS rod and towards the bolt so you have to use a battle swab if you want the paint cleared away and the Sensi/COPS rod intact..

To keep this on topic since I started a thread jack of a kind. The J&J are good enough I had one on my Shocker but since it was a prototype and a very small bore I never used it that often but on the occasions I did it shot great.

Gabriel
12-26-2004, 12:40 AM
I had a edge kit for my old minnimag body and it worked well light and quite. I hae a friend that is looking to sell his Edge kit automag threaded if interested?

no thanks, looking for spyder threaded. my project gun right now is a spyder imagine. wanna hear about it? Ok, i'll tell you :p

Spyder Imagine
Female PP Stabalizer
MacDev Gladiator
AKA Tornado Valve
Shocktech Bolt
50g switch
ACP Magnum AP Striker
ACP Slasher trigger

Thats the plan, she's muh behbeh. I'm calling her the longbow. Long live the knights of the old spyder!

lord Gabriel the Jacob

SpecialBlend2786
12-26-2004, 01:48 AM
no thanks, looking for spyder threaded. my project gun right now is a spyder imagine. wanna hear about it? Ok, i'll tell you :p

Spyder Imagine
Female PP Stabalizer
MacDev Gladiator
AKA Tornado Valve
Shocktech Bolt
50g switch
ACP Magnum AP Striker
ACP Slasher trigger

Thats the plan, she's muh behbeh. I'm calling her the longbow. Long live the knights of the old spyder!

lord Gabriel the Jacob

if you're calling her the longbow i say you get a longbow for her ;)

Gabriel
12-26-2004, 02:00 AM
if you're calling her the longbow i say you get a longbow for her ;)

I was calling her longbow because im trying to stay with the middle age theme (knights of the old spyder). Although I guess I could go japanese, as the "jedi knights" all somehow knew ju-jitsu. So we'll see. maybe Landsknechte (a long two-handed sword used by german mercaneries), Longbow (the special weapon of the Brittons), or Zatoichi (a walking-staff Katana).

Automaggot68
12-26-2004, 02:13 AM
Edit, My mistake, I had the Conquest and gladiator mixed up.
My Bad, dude.

Spyder Imagine
Female PP Stabalizer
MacDev Gladiator
AKA Tornado Valve
Shocktech Bolt
50g switch
ACP Magnum AP Striker
ACP Slasher trigger

lord Gabriel the Jacob

GT
12-26-2004, 10:36 PM
very cool barrel, I have had a few on different guns. They came out with a ceramic edge kit. ;)

peewee
12-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Have had several best bang for the buck hands down in my personal opinion. Love em.

Gabriel
12-27-2004, 05:38 PM
very cool barrel, I have had a few on different guns. They came out with a ceramic edge kit. ;)

where can I get the ceramic edge kit, and how much is it?

peewee
12-28-2004, 10:45 AM
http://www.paintball-discounters.com

J&J direct also

Gabriel
12-28-2004, 01:24 PM
thanks!

thecavemankevin
12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
first call has the aluminum one for 70
http://firstcallpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=602

Halliday
12-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Good barrel for the money. Light. Never really tested it's self-cleaning properties. Watch the bore size, it might not always fit your paint.

jewie27
12-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Does anybody have any experience with this barrel? How well does it self-clean? Also, don't carbon fiber barrels do that self-cleaning stuff too?

My friend bought one and likes it because it always stays clean after a ball break.

It is coated with teflon on the inside, which keeps paint from sticking to it.

Automaggot68
12-28-2004, 06:12 PM
My friend bought one and likes it because it always stays clean after a ball break.

It is coated with teflon on the inside, which keeps paint from sticking to it.

It's not coated, it's impregnated.

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2004, 07:10 PM
It's not coated, it's impregnated.

stfu nOOb!

jk, yeah you're right.