PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Lubing the xvalve

Carbon Blue
12-25-2004, 09:43 PM
i currently have an xvalved mag with a smart parts mx flo 68cs 4500 psi. The tank is not a screw in and i want to make sure all the internals of the valve are lubricated, is it okay if i just drop some oil into my steel braided line by the quick disconnect and gas it up??? I dont want to open my valve apart right now (dont have a spare parts kit yet :( ) Does anyone know if i can open my xvalve and and reuse the regulator seat if it is not torn up?? because i know on my lvl 7 bolt if i opened it up i had to put a new one in and could not reuse it.

Any tips on other maintenance services on my xvalve on top of Black VCG's thread?
Like should i be taking this thing apart after every time i play??
and
I just put a new bumper in and glued it but after a few hundred rounds it seems to have some little tears around the base of the bumper. Is it okay if i just super glue it again?? can i use lvl7 blue bumpers??

MonsterMag
12-25-2004, 09:53 PM
drop 2-3 drops in asa
2-3 in the power tube tip
2-3 on the on/off assembly
then you will be all lubed up :headbang:

Carbon Blue
12-25-2004, 09:54 PM
drop 2-3 drops in asa
2-3 in the power tube tip
2-3 on the on/off assembly
then you will be all lubed up :headbang:

thanks alot but i have a NON screw in tank, so do you think its okay to put a few drops of silicone oil in my steel braided line by the quick disconnect and gas it up?

MonsterMag
12-25-2004, 10:16 PM
NO , only use pb oil , pmi, gold cup auto lube ect....

You dont need to put any in the line then.

trains are bad
12-25-2004, 10:37 PM
You can use sillicone oil, in fact it's the best thing I've found to use. It's all I use on my mags anymore.

I have a dynaflow. I oil the bolt stem and on/off pin at the beginning of the day, and drip one drop in the valve a couple times a day. I have QD right by the valve.

I haven't seen the inside of this particular valve yet, and used it all season this year.

Rift
12-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Exactly silicon oil is the best its nice and slipery and it dosent make your orings all nasty dont use to thick of a solution tho, The KC trouble free is great stuff and all it takes it 2 drops in the air line and maybe once in awhile one in the on/off and your good to go. I barly have to oil my valve and it works like a charm since i started using silicon oil.

Carbon Blue
12-26-2004, 12:46 AM
yup silicone oil is awesome! cool i guess im dropping a few drops of oil into my steel braided line then! :)

trimegatron
12-26-2004, 08:03 PM
What brand and where fellas?

hyper3er
12-27-2004, 06:43 PM
In my mag i use associated silicone shock oil available at any hobby shop. Also you will need between 10 and 20 weight oil.