PDA

View Full Version : When people ask you.....

WicKeD_WaYz
12-26-2004, 02:50 AM
When your friends/coworkers/girlfriends who dont play ask you "Does it hurt?" What do you tell them?

getting shot that is....

White_Noise
12-26-2004, 03:01 AM
i tell them(and i have other witnesses) that i once saw 6 girls around the age of 15 come to play while i was reffing. they were all wearing spaghetti strap tank tops and very short shorts. not a single one rented one of the jumpsuits that we have available. when asked how they wanted to play, they said they wanted to play paint game(aka Pain game), ie shooting each other until out of paint regardless of how many times they were shot. so we put them 3 on 3 to start. they ran right at each other, and just lit each other up from about 15-20 feet away from each other. i didnt see a single one complain or anything about getting shot, and each one got shot atleast 10 times.

i wish i would have had a video camera that day as proof that it actually happened.

sometimes i just tell people about the adrenaline rush and how it makes me not feel the balls. but in most cases, i end up telling this story just to give a clear example of how little it hurts.

can'tthink of1
12-26-2004, 03:04 AM
I say its like getting hit with a small rock thrown really fast... I weed out the pussy's.

Koosh
12-26-2004, 04:46 AM
"If you FOCUS on the pain when you first get shot, its about as bad as a bee sting... for about 5 seconds, then fades away and you have a nice lookin bruise. You usually only notice a "dull thump" when you get hit because of the adrenaline and such"

Thats my usual speech...

Skoad
12-26-2004, 05:30 AM
i just say its similar to being snapped with a towel.

xXHavokXx
12-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Working at a store, I get asked that all the time.

My answer:

Yes.

Timmee
12-26-2004, 09:40 AM

I usually say that too (adding that getting hit in certain spots will hurt more than that). Then I relay the story of the first time I played paintball, where in the first game, I got tagged right in the neck.

mag88888
12-26-2004, 10:40 AM
the more you think about it the more it will hurt. but when your running and shooting people and having a adrenaline rush you might not even feel it. its like getting snapped with a towel as someone said above me. different parts of the body hurt more than others. obviousl its gonna hrt moreif you get shot in the nuts or the neck than the shin.

chaos lichen
12-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Yes, it feels like getting snapped with a large rubberband. The more you play the less you feel it until getting bunkered hurts your ego more than you body. ;)

Chronobreak
12-26-2004, 11:58 AM
i tell them its not hirrible paint but you will usualy know if your hit ;)

FireITup14
12-26-2004, 01:53 PM
i tell them you get used to it becuse now that i have been playing for a couple years it doesnt hurt at all really. Maybe getting bunkered a couple times would be a wake up to the pain, but its not as painful as it used to be.

moz
12-26-2004, 03:01 PM
when asked that question, i usually answer : just get hit once and you'll know why everybody runs so fast in this game

MonsterMag
12-26-2004, 03:15 PM
I tell them hold still and I will try to only shoot you once :D
Like a smal bee sting or insect bite

Lohman446
12-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Its a lot like a bee sting, in fact the other day I was stung by a bee - ok it was a couple months ago, and I instinctly looked up to see who shot me... frigging bee

TDonovan
12-26-2004, 04:55 PM
I show them a welt since ideally I have a bunch on me at all times (that means I'm playing enough) :)

Other than that, I say that it's the sting that makes the game fun. If it hurt any less it would be dissapointing.

jamescell
12-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I don't think it hurts at all. I hate it when first timers are the only players at my local field. They cower in fear at the sound of every shot. I'll just start rushing them so they can see it really isn't that bad. I saw an ex marine so afraid, he litteraly hit the deck and lay rigid every time he was shot at. He would scream for someone to come and help him out. :cry:

edit: I have a good knack for butchering the english language.

spectra260
12-26-2004, 07:46 PM
at first when I first started playing it hurt but now I dont even feel it anymore really. Im more crying about getting out than the pain I guess.

BeaverEater
12-26-2004, 07:46 PM
I tell them it feels like a weak punch from someone. Most people are like "oh, thats not too bad"

punkncat
12-26-2004, 08:00 PM
I generally compare it to being frogged....

When I was introduced to the game , I had asked how much it hurt , and all my friends gave me comparisons and whatnot. I walked about 10 feet away from a good friend and asked him to shoot me in the rear. I figured if it hurt too much like that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I have been playing for about 5 years.....

AGDlover
12-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I just say it tickles!!! :shooting: :rofl:

Evil1
12-26-2004, 09:55 PM
When you play alot you don't really notice the small pain from a hit any more. But when you are new to the game it seems to hurt more. When I first started, the pain seemed like it lasted longer because I didn't play as much as I do nowadays. It is just something you have to used to.

Trina
12-26-2004, 10:50 PM

Yeah, I go with the towel snap thing too :D It's the best way I can think of to explain it. I usually use the adrenaline thing too and if you got the rush going...you don't feel a thing. :D

Cyberious
12-26-2004, 11:22 PM
I tell them that if we were standing here talking it would hurt like crazy but on the field with the adrenaline and all it feels like somebody flicking you really hard.

master_alexander
12-26-2004, 11:27 PM
i don't get shot that much, and i just say "when i do get shot, it doesent hurt, much," i'm a strongly built guy so they understand. and whenever someone hears that i play paintball, thats their first question.

RamboPreacher
12-26-2004, 11:28 PM
When your friends/coworkers/girlfriends who dont play ask you "Does it hurt?" What do you tell them?

getting shot that is....
I am fully honest. I usually say, something like - duh - yes it can hurt. but it's safe, and it doesn't always hurt.

thorn
12-27-2004, 02:50 PM
I say getting hit with a paintball feels like an orgasm, and then usually they all run onto the field almost trying to get shot, and then they come back to me after the game, "DAMN YOU! THAT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE AN ORGASM!" and then I get them back by saying, "You're ten how would you know what it feels like anyway?"

Mer
12-27-2004, 02:53 PM
I say it's more of a surprise rather than pain. Kind of gets your attention.

SlipknotX556
12-27-2004, 02:56 PM
I say No, because it dosent hurt, I dont get hit, haha.

BlackWeenie
12-27-2004, 03:24 PM
i tell them that it feels like youre going to die every time you get hit and that i cry like a little girl after the ice cream guy wouldnt sell her ice cream because he said that her *** was to ****ing fat.

phelix
12-27-2004, 03:28 PM
yeah, i tell people, "it hurts like hell, pussies like you shouldn't play"

Magaman
12-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't think it hurts at all. I hate it when first timers are the only players at my local field. They cower in fear at the sound of every shot. I'll just start rushing them so they can see it really isn't that bad. I saw an ex marine so afraid, he litteraly hit the deck and lay rigid every time he was shot at. He would scream for someone to come and help him out. :cry:

edit: I have a good knack for butchering the english language.

Except for the time I sniped you in the neck when you were behind that bunker... Your face got really :mad: and you got so pissed that you made me crono my Mag... I know that one hurt... :p

jamescell
12-27-2004, 07:29 PM
huh? :tard:

trevorjk
12-27-2004, 07:30 PM
punch them in the kneck and ask them if that hurt?

jamescell
12-27-2004, 07:32 PM
was that when you were shooting 380fps?

68magOwner
12-27-2004, 08:49 PM
i tell im that, it will hurt a lil, they may bleed, but, its really not that bad, i have preety much gotten used to getting hit, and feel pressure, but, no pain, but, i dont remember it hurting too bad when i first started off.

Gr0dy
12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
I tell them that it doesn't hurt that much. I think that most people ask the questions because they have seen welts, and some welts make it look like it really hurts.

Magaman
12-28-2004, 05:04 PM
was that when you were shooting 380fps?

No dude, I cronoed just fine... You only thought I was shooting 380... It was behind your house in your field... At first you never even new it was me untill you realised I was the only one with that color paint. :rolleyes:

You were like, "Dude I can't believe that isn't shooting hot, that fricken hurt!!!"

jewie27
12-28-2004, 05:08 PM
I tell them it feels like getting whipped with a wet towel.

I think that best describes paintball.

jamescell
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
No dude, I cronoed just fine... You only thought I was shooting 380... It was behind your house in your field... At first you never even new it was me untill you realised I was the only one with that color paint. :rolleyes:

You were like, "Dude I can't believe that isn't shooting hot, that fricken hurt!!!"

:eek: I thought that was Tom :D Ohh well, yeah the adams apple is not a fun place to get shot. :eek: I must give you props on the pure sniping ability :hail:

gc82000
12-28-2004, 09:00 PM
:D not this bad. :D

For Cryer :cheers:

captian pinky
12-28-2004, 10:05 PM
i say step infront of the barrel and close your eyes and pray i hit you in the mask