PDA

View Full Version : Someone at walmart is loosing their job

PyRo
12-26-2004, 12:36 PM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3416494

CaptaiN_JacK
12-26-2004, 12:43 PM
It's reverse propoganda! Don't look at it!

ScatterPlot
12-26-2004, 11:07 PM
:clap:

behemoth
12-26-2004, 11:18 PM
NICE! :D :cool:

t33kyboy
12-27-2004, 12:20 AM
lol funny! :headbang:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-27-2004, 12:36 AM
They are still the one and only Evil Empire.

HoppysMag
12-27-2004, 12:37 AM
where was it , target or somewhere, that an item to buy online was titled "marijuna"

Flamebo
12-27-2004, 12:57 AM
They are still the one and only Evil Empire.

Rethink that one.

I'll buy that book.

HoppysMag
12-27-2004, 01:32 AM
im the cool kid, i listen to punk rock and have a political opinion

RingOfScale
12-27-2004, 02:36 AM
hold up, is that a real book or an employee's joke ?

tsc
12-27-2004, 02:52 AM
It's quite real.

Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1580086683/qid%3D1104133831/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-7774247-3274455)

Wal-Mart isn't bad. They're simply exersizing their rights in a free-market economy.

That said, I don't shop there. But I don't shop alot of places.

Rage against the machine, man.

SpecialBlend2786
12-27-2004, 03:04 AM
i love it.

B.A.M.
12-27-2004, 08:36 AM
Bj's better. Everythings supersize

Can_Opener
12-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Good, I hate Walmart. I might go to my local Walmart and distribute their copies of these books around the store so more people can see it. Then I'll go home and take a shower, because the local Walmart is dirty.

maglover728
12-27-2004, 11:19 AM
That's about right too. The fact that they sell paintball stuff to anybody causes a rise in local vandalism and a bad name for real paintball players. :cry:

CaptaiN_JacK
12-27-2004, 01:31 PM
That's about right too. The fact that they sell paintball stuff to anybody causes a rise in local vandalism and a bad name for real paintball players. :cry:

So you're saying only "real" paintball players should be able to buy paintball stuff, therefore making it impossible for paintball as a sport to grow any bigger than it already is?

maglover728
12-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I am saying that places like Wal-Mart that hire any geek off the street, and pay them minimum wage, while still expecting their employees to care about there jobs, has and will, sell paintball markers to people with out an age check or guardian present. I have heard kids that attend the local high school joking about how they go to buy cheep markers for home coming and prom, (to shoot people they don't like or other peoples cars) just so when the police or their parents take them from them, they won't be out so much money. Anyone who wants to play paintball, and portray an air of responsibility enabling the sport to grow, should buy their markers from a more reputable source like a proshop.
If they choose to shoot crap paint, or buy brass eagle products like tanks and hoppers there, go for it, just not markers.
So you are saying that letting retards that vandalize other peoples property and who are making a bad name for us, and anyone that wants to get into the sport and will eventually kill the sport for every one should be allowed to buy "Saturday night special" paintball guns.

PyRo
12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
If you want to get rid of walmart just find the heart. It's located by the television department.

Gr0dy
12-27-2004, 04:28 PM
I am saying that places like Wal-Mart that hire any geek off the street, and pay them minimum wage, while still expecting their employees to care about there jobs, has and will, sell paintball markers to people with out an age check or guardian present. I have heard kids that attend the local high school joking about how they go to buy cheep markers for home coming and prom, (to shoot people they don't like or other peoples cars) just so when the police or their parents take them from them, they won't be out so much money. Anyone who wants to play paintball, and portray an air of responsibility enabling the sport to grow, should buy their markers from a more reputable source like a proshop.
If they choose to shoot crap paint, or buy brass eagle products like tanks and hoppers there, go for it, just not markers.
So you are saying that letting retards that vandalize other peoples property and who are making a bad name for us, and anyone that wants to get into the sport and will eventually kill the sport for every one should be allowed to buy "Saturday night special" paintball guns.
actually your wrong on that... wal mart won't even sell me and my friends paintballs unless we have someone that is 18 with us, so i imagine you'd have to be 18 to buy a paintball gun also.

maglover728
12-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Grody, I understand that there are a few people that work there who will observe all the rules. However there seem, from my experience, to be more people who just mash the buttons on the cash register to try to stop that annoying noise. It is just like under age people buying smokes and beer. It isn't supposed to happen, but some people just don't have the patients or work ethics to check everyone. Again, 13ylds getting in R rated movies, happens all the time but...

bleachit
12-27-2004, 05:48 PM
actually your wrong on that... wal mart won't even sell me and my friends paintballs unless we have someone that is 18 with us, so i imagine you'd have to be 18 to buy a paintball gun also.

correct, I work there.. they id for everything, well lots o things.

fcpchop
12-27-2004, 06:42 PM
lol who else is thinking about that south park episode about 4 weeks back? But really I dont see what is wrong with Walmart. I mean they were smart enough to come up with the idea of having a store that sells almost everything, there for being able to sell everything cheaper than other places. How come everyone gets mad when some company does good?

Lohman446
12-27-2004, 07:42 PM

:rofl: :rofl: When is the last time you saw a proshop refuse to sell paint (or most anything else) to someone under 18? :rofl: Wal-mart actually has and (mostly) enforces this policy. I don't care because it doesn't effect me but I can't picture any of my local pro-shops saying no to a customer with cash in hand.

maglover728
12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Yesterday there was a customer in the shop that I frequent that was turned away. He was looking into a spyder package, and was told to call his parents for verbal permission, or bring one of them in with him.
The Area that I live in is over run with political BS. The local sporting goods shop sends in people to check prices, and set up of the shop that I am talking about. That sporting goods shop has even gone so far as to send building code inspectors out to the proshop to shut them down for lack of a permit relating to their septic system. The guy running this shop is under extreme scrutiny because he has put a huge divot in the business of this local giant of a sporting goods store. One mistake and this guy looses everything.

PyRo
12-27-2004, 10:18 PM
lol who else is thinking about that south park episode about 4 weeks back? But really I dont see what is wrong with Walmart. I mean they were smart enough to come up with the idea of having a store that sells almost everything, there for being able to sell everything cheaper than other places. How come everyone gets mad when some company does good?
The other side of the story is that they are putting other retailers out of buisness.
They pay their employees very little.
They force outsourcing. That means if a TV manufacturer is selling tvs' for $50 each to walmart walmart will demand them for $40 and the manufacturer cannot sell them for that much and make a profit so walmart tells them to move their operation to China to save money. Now instead of emplying 200 americans 200 americans are unemployed and that money is taken out of the American Economy. It totals somthing like thirty six billion dollars Walmart spends in China every year.

HoppysMag
12-28-2004, 12:23 AM
dont like walmart, dont shop thier. supply and demand.

Cameo
12-28-2004, 01:12 AM
I don't know about other Wal-marts, but being curious about certain things that were dsaid in this forum I went to someone that might know.. the night manager (aka my father). He informed me that at his store you must scan the ID of the person wanting to buy an item with an age restriction (that is what that little magnetic strip is for on the back). He also informed me that Wal-mart and Sam's club both hire at 25% above the average hire rate in any area. So it is all demographically sound. Here where I live they hire at $8.20 an hour with little or no experince, higher rate for experince. Although the healthcare packages are not the greatest unless you are in a supervisor or managers position (but honlestly where can you work on entry level that there is good benifits?). One perk that every employee does have the option of is Profit sharing. This of course varies on years with company and superiority ect.. But my father who has been with the company for a mere 3 years is expecting over a 5 grand check come febuary.. Not to shabby if I can say so..
True that companies like Walmart have put mom and pop stores out of buisness, but this day and age there are so many hard working families that need to save the money by shopping at mass retailers. I know personally that if I could not get things at Walmart my kids would have to do without alot, including private school...
All that being said, no one forces anyone to shop at a certain place. We all still have free will. Like what you choose to, dislike what you want. Just don'e go beliveing things without knowing the full story or half truths. :)

danheneise
12-29-2004, 02:58 AM
Bj's are better...

why yes... yes they are... ;)

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Can_Opener
12-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Here where I live they hire at $8.20 an hour with little or no experince, higher rate for experince.
Walmart around where I live builds using non-union building contractors and pays employees more like $5.15, or whatever minimum wage currently is.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Bj's ARE better.

Duh, anyone could tell you that! :rofl:

FreakBaller12
12-29-2004, 09:29 PM
They also save money by selling name brand things with less in them. They'll have the same size cereal box for instance, with about 1/4 less cereal in them and sell it for cheaper, thus being their competition.