PDA

View Full Version : Friend addicted to drugs--serious help only

CaptaiN_JacK
12-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Please, only serious advice, I'm really in a bind right now and I have no idea what to do that I haven't already tried. So here's the story:

One of my good friends is addicted to drugs. He uses them all the time, it doesn't matter who's in the room or what time it is, he just does it. He moved in with our family a couple years ago because he was in a foster home before that. Since he started using, he has stopped going to school and has almost no contact with anybody else other than our own family. He's lost a lot of weight since he started using, which really sent up the red flags. When he's high, he is incredibly hyper and can't stop doing stuff. Until recently, he has been well tempered, but now he's starting to lash out on our family. He has swung at me many a time, and I have the scars to prove it. He has even bit me (as in his teeth biting my arm) on several occasions. He will stay up until dawn after he has used, and it wakes my parents up and they have threatened to kick him out. I've tried taking his drugs away, but he always seems to get more. Nothing I try has any effect on him, he just brushes it off and tells me it's under control, which it plainly isn't. I took some pictures of him attacking me (he almost broke the camera) and of him using, high, and in a drug enduced stupor. Mods, if this is over-the-top, un-attach the images. I just feel you guys need to feel some connection before giving me good advice.

WARNING: Some of the images are VERY GRAPHIC, and some show drugs. NOT suitable for children.

Muzikman
12-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Catnip is your friend;)

To quote Ralph the cat...."Wanna burn one man?" ;)

evildead420
12-26-2004, 01:10 PM
lol, at first i thought this was your "human" friend. lol , i have a cat that just looks like that one. i would give him alot of soft food for an alternative drug of choice. ;) mine goes crazy over soft food, thats my cat drug of choice, food. :cool:

OysterBoy
12-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Absolutely... kind of funny. ;)

WickeDKlowN
12-26-2004, 03:42 PM
I've been meaning to get my kitty some Cat Nip for awhile now...

-=Squid=-
12-26-2004, 03:43 PM
F.

Don't use the smileys Oyster.

- Goro

brightman
12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
oh your drug addicted friend is a cat? The answer is simple...shoot it...its the only way a cat will learn.

lord1234
12-26-2004, 04:56 PM
i enjoy bringing catnip to friends houses who own cats and sprinkling it all over their rug...

SCpoloRicker
12-26-2004, 05:14 PM
F.

Don't use the smileys Oyster.

- Goro

Are you setting up franchises or something?

SpecialBlend2786
12-26-2004, 05:31 PM
lol......

-=Squid=-
12-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Are you setting up franchises or something?
Just roll with it.

- Goro

Tunaman
12-26-2004, 07:18 PM
That was great. Now the best thing you can do to help your buddy stay healthy and alive is to take him EVERY 6 months-9 months for a checkup and blood work. These cats can be very sick and show no symptoms at all till one day they collapse. He will love you for it. ;)

WenULiVeUdiE
12-26-2004, 07:54 PM
And dont let him get too fat. One of mine weighs 15 pounds, and needs to lose 5. She now constantly cries for food, its horrible. Cute cat.

BigBadBeDDy
12-26-2004, 08:20 PM
OHH GOD

i have a 3month old kittin and i got her katnip for xmas. now im not 2 sure im gunna give it to her :confused:

StuDawggie
12-26-2004, 09:27 PM
I think this problem needs to be "nipped" in the bud.

Okay, bad pun, but no one said it so I had to take the cheap shot.

Best advice I can give you is GET A DOG!!!! and you don't have to worry about your cat being on the "nip".

WickeDKlowN
12-26-2004, 09:54 PM
That was great. Now the best thing you can do to help your buddy stay healthy and alive is to take him EVERY 6 months-9 months for a checkup and blood work. These cats can be very sick and show no symptoms at all till one day they collapse. He will love you for it. ;)
I should really start taking mine to the vet, but my dad hates spending money on animals and my mom hates animals period.

Krusty-PCP
12-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't think you really have to worry until he starts injecting it ...

Chipper
12-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I'll admit it, you got me.

Cool cat. :D http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

SAW
12-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Great joke! :D
Looks like I'm not the only one with a pet that needs some rehab...My husky downed a whole bottle of medication. Yeah, not fun. Stomach had to be pumped. That dog was so pissed afterwards! :rofl:

MonsterMag
12-26-2004, 10:55 PM
omg that last pic kills me :p

ScatterPlot
12-26-2004, 11:06 PM
:rofl:

However, my cat is one of those weird cats that doesn't like catnip, so I can't have any fun with her :( :D

tony3
12-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Put it in rehab.

skife
12-27-2004, 12:34 AM

However, my cat is one of those weird cats that doesn't like catnip, so I can't have any fun with her :( :D

sure you can, its called a spinning computer chair.

BUAHAHA!

lather
12-27-2004, 01:29 AM
hahaha great post! That last pic cracks me up :rofl:

HoppysMag
12-27-2004, 01:34 AM
ya you got me too, i was gunna suggest killing your druggy human friend

RingOfScale
12-27-2004, 02:38 AM
lol u soooo had me going ... nice job dude, har har har thats a good laugh ( seriously i mean it )

Timmee
12-27-2004, 09:06 AM

Get a laser pointer, and watch the fun start as you taunt your cat with it. :D

Disclaimer: Please don't point the laser pointer directly at the cat's eyes, as that will only lead to the cat taking revenge, and pooping in your shoe.

B.A.M.
12-27-2004, 09:12 AM
I think this problem needs to be "nipped" in the bud.

Okay, bad pun, but no one said it so I had to take the cheap shot.

Best advice I can give you is GET A DOG!!!! and you don't have to worry about your cat being on the "nip".
My dog goes crazy of carrots :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ghetto
12-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Get a laser pointer, and watch the fun start as you taunt your cat with it. :D

Disclaimer: Please don't point the laser pointer directly at the cat's eyes, as that will only lead to the cat taking revenge, and pooping in your shoe.

Fear the poop in your shoe.

CasingBill
12-27-2004, 09:01 PM
you......donkey!

chaos lichen
12-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Until he/she/it starts free basing nip your fine. :D Thanks for the well needed laugh!

magmanl337
12-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Tell your friend he needs to shave.

CaptaiN_JacK
12-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Tell your friend he needs to shave.

I know, but did I mention he uses steroids too?

brianlojeck
12-28-2004, 11:58 AM
OHH GOD

i have a 3month old kittin and i got her katnip for xmas. now im not 2 sure im gunna give it to her :confused:

cat's don't become sensitive to catnip til about 4-5 months (mine are about 5 months and just starting to come around now...)

and most cats don't really go too crazy on the stuff from what I've seen. many just sort of grab the toy and roll around with it, more of an opium/pot addict then a crack/cocaine addict. ;-)

also, from what I've read, eating the stuff is actually good for cats...

so go ahead, give it to the girl, and remember to get her fixed!