PDA

View Full Version : My automag is seemingly *POOF*

Trista
12-26-2004, 08:13 PM
I just bought an automag on ebay from a guy who said it was his backup marker. It has an expansion chamber. and a Venturi Bolt with the velocity nob on the back that u turn to the right to increase and left to decrease the velocity. So i have aremote as well. I set up the remote with a 20 oz C02 because i can with the expansion and remote use C02. Soon as i go outside to shoot it...the balls go about ten feet and fall to the ground...then every like five balls it shoots REALLLLLY HARD. then back to ten feet. Then the gun starts spitting the liquid C02. then it acts like the C02 is empty. WTF IS WRONG WITH MY GUN....PLEASE HELP ME!!...I also have a paintball place nearby, if this problem hasn't been witnessed before should i just take it there? Thanks PLEASE HELP ME

68bird
12-27-2004, 12:01 AM
that exact thing was happening to me then i got a compressed air tank for like 100 dollors and it stoped. its probibly because he was using compressed air befor and the gun is use to it. and ur freezing the o rings w co2

Carbon Blue
12-27-2004, 12:53 AM
make sure you dump lots of oil into the on/off assembly and down the power tube tip( i used to run an expansion chamber and co2). That co2 is freezing your gun and causing it to lock up. I had that exact same problem with my mag and after that i bought a compressed air tank and never saw those problems again. But dumping a good amount of oil in those places solved the lock up problem but I advise you to run compressed air if you can.

Muzikman
12-27-2004, 04:38 PM
#1: Since you say you are running a remote. Make sure the tank is NOT an anti-siphon tank. Also, keep the tank vertical (with the valve at the top) at all times. This will prevent liquid from getting into the gun.

#2: Take apart the reg. Clean and oil all orings and make sure none are bad. It might not even be a bad idea to buy a parts kit and replace all the orings. Who knows how well well the last owner took care of the gun.

#3: Place 3-5 drops of oil in the ASA. This will cycle the oil through the gun and oil all the orings .